Thierry Mugler Angel

Thierry Mugler  Angel

3.4

on 6/29/2018 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I never purchased this but have used it. I find the scent sickening. To make things worse, it lasts forever, even a little after bathing. It has pretty strong sillage, too. All this would be great if I liked the scent. Maybe, it is the patchouli that I find so offensive although I can tolerate patchouli in moderation. Everyone has different tastes in fragrances and many like this, apparently. My one try of Alien was much more favorable.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm really on the fence with this one. So many strong, often contradicting notes. And when I say strong, this is Burberry level, fill-the room strong. I initially tried this when ten or so samples popped up in my magazines, and even with it's weirdness I find it alluring. Hard to stop coming back to, but not something to pick up without testing first.

The good: The samples came in a very unique cardboard spray package, and while I prefer the tall thin bottle to the star shaped packaging, it is refillable, and for that it gets 5 stars on packaging. The scent itself has some very strong notes, with patchouli, bergamot and sandalwood battling it out only to mellow into the gourmand and fruity side of things. There's a lot going on in this, but I love bergamot and nothing I own is quite like this.

The bad: This is too strong to wear around lots of people, I prefer it in cooler weather, this is definitely not a daily scent for me but something I reach for when I want drama.

The ugly: I've never worn another fragrance that is quite as polarizing. People either really love or really hate this.

on 1/18/2018 1:02:00 PM

It is way too strong for me. I got it as a present if I wear it people start to cough. Don't get it.

on 11/22/2017 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Uhg, my Mom loves this stuff. I'm not familiar with scent notes, but this stuff is STRONG and not in a nice way. Really not a fan.

Angel either works with your body's natural chemistry or it doesn't. Happy to say that it smells divine when I use it. People have approached me in various stores repeatedly to ask what fragrance I was wearing.

Angel is one of my staples and I love bold, exotic fragrances like Serge Lutens Chergui and Bois et Musc. These fragrances seem to work with certain people and definitely not with others. I've smelt Angel on a friend or 2 along the way and to be honest, I thought it smelt awful.

I will NEVER stop wearing this fragrance and can't get enough of it it! The hair mist and body lotion complete the scent extravaganza when out on the town!

on 6/29/2016 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my absolute favorite perfume! I smelled the men's one on my friend, and was blown away, so I immediately bought the ladies' version for myself. It is heavy, musky, patchouli infused, extremely sensual. It's like sex in the bottle! If you like floral or fruity smells then this baby is not for you. You gotta have a large presence to wear this. It's not for shy or faint hearted people. You gonna turn heads as you walk by.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Not my favorite but a decent product. I LOVE the packaging but smell is just so so

on 2/1/2016 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This smells terrible!

I was given Angel shower gel and lotion for Christmas from my hubby. First of all he knows my fave is Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche....but the sales assoc at Shoppers Drug Mart lead him astray. I suspect they don't carry Chanel because she told him it has been "discontinued" (ahem...if he'd gone to the Bay as I told him to do they have it) and he asked her to select something similar.

Well I think Angel is about as opposite from Chance Eau Fraiche as is possible to be. I hate it.

My take on Angel is that it is sickening sweet, cloying and just not a well balanced fragrance. I used to enjoy heavier oriental fragrances years ago(70's-80's) such as Bal a Versailles, Youth Dew, Shalimar but Angel has none of their class.

I am taking methotrexate for RA and it has affected my sense of smell and some stuff just nauseates me, Angel falls in that category.

Luckily my sister loves Angel and her birthday is in February. For myself I will hightail it to the Bay and get my beloved Eau Fraiche shower gel.

on 11/16/2015 9:58:00 PM

I pretty much love this perfume ❤️. I first smell this in England and then in my country several times and allways asked the women wearing this what was that amazing and strong smell, the answer every time was Angel by Thierry Mugler. I am now in my second bottle and wishing I could buy another one soon.
If you or the one you love, don't like strong smells jus DONT buy this. If you love to stand out and to be remembered, this is for you.

Popular Fragrances