Thierry Mugler Angel

Thierry Mugler  Angel

3.2

on 2/26/2016 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Favorite fragrance. Hands down. Pricey but only use it for special occasions.

on 8/13/2015 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

as a fan of sweet, candy type of perfumes, i'm surprised i don't like this. the lasting power is excellent as i prefer to have my scents with strong sillage too. but there is some note in this that ruins it for me. i can't quite put my finger on it. alien will remain my favourite Thierry scent

on 10/11/2014 12:04:00 PM

for me to write a review of a fragrance the first time i try it, it must be pretty outstanding one way or another, and angel truly is. i think most of the negativity surrounding angel is that the fragrance market has been bowdlerized to the point where whatever you buy, at whatever price, smells like cheap shampoo. nothing wrong with that, but why wear perfume at all then? why spend $100ish on fragrance when you can just buy a pleasant body spray for $15 tops?

angel dates to 1992, a time when the first "dumbed down" fragrances came on the market (and eventually took over). the modern 21st century nose will associate strong, bold scents with "old ladies" and while i certainly don't love all such perfumes, i do prefer a heavier, richer, truer fragrance. this is one of them.

this is an extremely well-orchastrated gourmand and i find that while i hate patchouli on its own, it has been blended well here to give depth to chocolate and candy notes.

i will almost certainly get a bottle of this one day (or maybe a body cream). this is not necessarily an every day scent (it can be) but this makes me think of fall/winter festivities in particular, just beautiful!!

on 5/4/2014 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The first time a sales lady sprayed my wrist with Angel I almost gagged. "how can this be one of the most popular fragrances in the world?! It smells like a dumpster swarming with roaches" I said to my husband. I nearly gagged, but resisted the urge to wash it off. We came home and after 7 hours or wearing it I smelled this delicious mix of patchouli and vanilla and berries and everything that's delicious in this world. Fast forward a few months later, I decided to give it another go, on paper. And I held that paper for a good hour. Smelled it every 5 minutes and I could not get enough of it! I still didn't hasten to buy it. Did the tango for a month and I finally decided to buy it. I'm in love. PS. The packaging of the refillable 50ml star bottle I found ridiculously cheap. The plastic/metallic like cover is so flimsy. Seeing that I paid 140$ for this bottle the expect the packaging to be top notch. And it isn't.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like the fragrane but it can be a bit too strong, not an everyday frgrance for me. I only wear on special occasions, and when I do wear it people recognize it

on 6/27/2013 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

A friend recently brought be a Thierry Mugler Alien gift set and it that gift set I got some samples of Womanity and Angel. I just can't stand Theirry Mugler scents at all!
This is a very strong, long lasting, super super super sweet and generic scent.

on 10/25/2012 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really love the smell.. it's a lil bit pricey thou.. it has this sweet + a bit of peppermint smell which stays throughout the day.. will definitely repurchase!

on 10/22/2012 11:03:00 PM

I love this perfume. Whenever I wear it, people always compliment me. You don't need to use a lot since its very strong.

on 10/21/2012 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I've been using angel for sometime now and I used to despise it. It really is a love or hate it perfume depending on ones body chemistry. An old coworker of mine used to wear this and I hated it on her. I never wanted to try it because of that. When I bought a refill of womanity, which I LOVE, the SA gave me a sample of this to try and I have had a love affair with this one ever since! Thierry Mugler's perfume line is very unique, but they are all at least worth trying. They are very high quality fragrances and totally worth the investment!

on 8/6/2012 5:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Got a sample of this and not liking it at all. Its more for women aged 40+. If you like sweet smells dont buy this its sickening. If you like Britney Spears Fantasy, or Viva La Juicy scents then you probably wont like this. Its not for young woman. Its true when people say you either love it or hate it. Im glad I only bought a sample.

Popular Fragrances