Thierry Mugler Angel

Filtered by eye Color : Blue age: 25-29
Thierry Mugler  Angel

3.0

I love the bottle and the designs of mugler products in general -but that's about it. I think Mugler is a marketing genius to convince people that this scent is amazing when it in fact smells like men's aftershave with an added sickly smell.
I have encountered people who have body chemistry with it that makes it smell nice on them, but for most of those I smell it on, and myself - it's gross. Not for me.

on 10/9/2014 10:07:00 AM

The most foul, disgusting perfume I have ever smelled in my life. Smells like a hippie's armpit (one that works in a headshop and hasn't taken a shower in months). I don't detect vanilla, chocolate, or anything "gourmand" about this. Just nasty skanky CHEAP smelling patchouli. I feel sorry for the people who wear this because they don't know how utterly gross they smell (trust me, those "compliments" you get "all the time" are just ppl trying to find out the fragrance so they can avoid it, and are just being polite).

Absolutely vile.

Haven't been on makeupalley in forever but wanted to give this a great review!! I get a burst of citrusy chocolately freshness that is very unique every time I apply. I am going to order another angel because mine is getting low! I recommend to all of my friends and they are always complimenting me!

One of my favorite fragrances. It lasts and lasts.
I love patchouli and chocolat so this is pure heaven in a bottle for me. It's pricey but you don't need much.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This, to me, smells like the new OFF family mosquito spray...it's awful. The SA's in Dillard's sprayed this on blue ribbons and were handing them out it the store. I really didn't want a ribbon but my over willing but amazingly cute son grabbed the ribbon because...well he's four and someone had a ribbon so he took it lol! Anyways, when we got back to the car I almost couldn't stand to be in the car bc this scent was so strong and artificial smelling. I had to deal with it the whole way home until I couldn't sneak it away from my son :( I'm definitely on the "hate" end of the spectrum.

What more can be said about Angel? It's strong, sweet and distinct. I love it and get lots of compliments.

But It is frustrating to pay $100 for a bottle to smell like everyone else...
And my mother asks me not to wear it around her!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This scent, to me, is simply the best. I have worn it for years, and I never get tired of it. I live in Texas, so we have summer pretty much year round, and since this is such a strong fragrance I usually only wear it at night or when it finally does get cooler here. This is the only perfume that I have ever bought multiple bottles of. Angel is my signature.

on 12/31/2010 1:54:00 PM

Gorgeous bottle! However, you must apply this scent VERY sparingly or it is overwhelming. I was so sad when I realized that this lovely scent is the same one that a lady I know drenches herself with. Now I can't wear it without thinking of her cloud of perfume. If you're thinking of making this your signature scent, please smell it first and make sure no one you know already wears it!

Sweet, spicy, amber and vanilla.

I remember seeing an ad for this perfume in a magazine, and I thought it was a really pretty bottle, so +1 for the packaging. I'm a sucker for beautiful advertisements/packaging/logos. :)
That aside, I cannot bring myself to purchase this perfume. It's pretty high in price, but smells like a chocolate/vanilla body spray with a couple of tablespoons of sugar that you would purchase at Shoppers Drug Mart.
The only person I've known to wear this is a teacher I had years ago, and I only remember that it was her because she smelled like a Twix bar. As soon as I sprayed myself with this stuff at the store, the memories and smells of Twix bars came rolling back into my mind.
This perfume made me hungry.
As for the smell, I don't really think I'd want to walk around smelling like that. It's not "bad", but it's more like something I'd want in a scented candle. I love sweet smells, but this is overwhelming even for me, and it really does smell like a teenager should be wearing it. No offence to people over 16 or 17 who buy it, but I'd feel really weird walking into an office smelling like a Twix bar. (Did I mention this stuff reminds me of a Twix bar?)
I *almost* bought this before testing it, and I'm really glad I didn't.
Would I wear this scent if I was given it as a gift? Yes, in the fall/winter. And only when I was planning on going somewhere outdoors where the perfume has a chance to spread out a bit. And I'd only use one spray in the air, and walk through it to get a light amount of the scent on me. (It's that sweet.)

on 11/5/2010 6:28:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

i love the Packaging but it smells gross it's strong and gives me bad pains in my head

Popular Fragrances