Thierry Mugler Angel

Thierry Mugler  Angel

3.1

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

To be blunt, this scent smells disgusting on me. The top note smells like stinky cigars and cheap whiskey then the dry down turns into old stinky cigars and a filthy locker room. To say this did not mesh well with my body chemistry is a gross understatement of the decade. And to be honest, I wanted it to work for me,

on 10/6/2013 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This is a good perfume for special occasions. For daytime running errands it is a bit strong for me; my nose is getting more sensitive these days. For going out - when I pull it out and use it, wow ! I smells gorgeous. Daytime, I use a much lighter scent, such as Laura Mercier Creme Brulee or Fresh Sugar.

When you do go back to this, it just pops you with a "why don't you use me more"

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

OMG! I soo love this fragrance! It's one of my faves,very unique...I actually didn't know it was that old till I read some of the reviews..as it doesn't smell old ladyish at all. And I brought my mommy "Star":) now that's a lil to loud for me,but Angel is just the right amount of pretty.

on 7/27/2012 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is for sure a love it or hate it fragrance. I love it in moderation. I think that most people who wear this one overdo it and then complain about the strength of it. If you use it sparingly, then it can be quite alluring. It has a sinful chocolate smell that is mesmerizing. However, only wear this one in cold weather. It is not a summertime fragrance at all. Someone who works with me over-uses this and also uses it in the summertime, and it can be quite killer!! OMG...strong enough that you don't need to pair it up with matching body products. So that I don't become a sillage monster, I always wear this one by applying sparingly with a Q-Tip. The bottle is so cute. Love the star that lays down on my dresser. Makes a nice gift for someone too with that presentation of the star.

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

The only good thing about this fragrance is the packaging. Which is just as well because with a perfume like this one there is a lot that has to make up for this atrocious scent.
Its strong and overpowering, non of it in a good way. Its so harsh that my sinuses became inflamed from breathing in this perfume. I don't know what to do with the sample and the full bottle which Sephora gives for buying one of their samplers. I'm shocked that others would find this scent to be sweet; I have tried to discern that sweetness and haven't managed to get any of it. But then perfume is personal so this is just my opinion.
For the reviewer who mentioned that this smells like raid insect killer I agree with you 100percent!!!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

This is such a love it or hate it fragrance. I'm in the love it camp. :) I'll tell you, this thing smells SO different on a body than in the bottle. In the bottle is concentrated, harsh, and while intriguing, kind of standoffish. But when you put it on, it's like a sweet chocolaty/berry wonderland. One spritz is ALL it takes, just one! I maintain it's the women who practically bathe in it that give it such a bad name.

NOTE: IF IT COSTS $$$$$$$, DON'T USE IT LIKE YOU GOT IT AT THE DOLLAR STORE. THERE IS A REASON FOR THIS.

But now, on to the scent. The chocolate stays the entire time, from first spritz to disappearance, but it becomes slightly less sweet as time goes on. At first you smell sweet something, soft of like fruity candy filling and musk. And then, you realize it's chocolate, like a cherry truffle (though it doesn't really smell like "cherry" if you get what I mean) and this whole time, you've been smelling by sexy, soft, luxurious honey chocolate that leaves you wanting to turn around and sniff behind you to get a whiff of the flavor. Thank god I don't smell the patchouli in this. That would so kill it for me.

Overall, I absolutely love this fragrance, and I hope to God that other people love it on me too, because this is my signature. The ONLY reason I took off one lippie is price v. staying power. I know my skin dulls fragrances, but for the amount per ml (about $1.90 a ml, based on $95 for 50ml), I'd really hope that a scent this notoriously strong would last all day. Alas, it's not meant to be. So one lippie off for that. Otherwise, I highly recommend it. :)

on 8/15/2009 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I bought this fragrance because of the bottle. I know i know how very clever to base a decision on something as personal as a perfume on packaging! Luckily, i struck gold with this perfume. I love the scent. It's very strong so a little goes a long way. The scent is a mix of vanilla and musk. I got loads of compliments on it and literally got stopped in the street to be asked what i was wearing. However it's now no longer my style. I prefer Alien.

on 4/24/2009 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Eeekk! Smells like something my grandmother's grandmother would wear. Overpowering and unpleasant. Something I did not want to smell again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Like another reviewer said, I'm happy I have the right "chemistry" for Angel because I find the scent absolutely delicious! I tend to receive a great deal of compliments whenever I wear it. I'm not a huge vanilla fan at all, but mixed in with the other scents (and I won't pretend to know what they are), it's lovely. And it seems to be the right balance of light & heavy scents to wear all year long.

I originally bought it because a friend of mine wears it and on her it smells fantastic. I'm glad it worked out for me. I bought the smallest bottle possible at Sephora. Besides the fact that it was $28, I like the relative simplicity and compact-size of the bottle's design. That huge star is ugly and uncomfortable to hold. Still pricey, yes, for a small amount, but a little goes a long way. To be honest, I feel a little silly to complain about the price of perfume. They're *all* overpriced and over-packaged.

on 2/3/2009 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

Hmm...Angel. It either smells magical on you, or very wrong.

I bought this perfume and the first spray was downright scary. I was a Biohazard. Very intoxicating smell, too strong for my liking. It gave me a headache! I usually love sweet smells, but this was sickly sweet laced with evil and to be honest I regretted buying it. (NOTE: this was with one spray on my wrists and rubbed on my neck)

The more throughout the day, it started to smell nicer and nicer. People used to ask me what I was wearing and said it smelt wonderful. I thought they might have been humoring me, but my mum loved it and went out to get a bottle of her own. I guess I may have been one of the lucky people that the perfume smelt lovely on, but honestly I couldent see (or smell) what the fuss was about. I wish there wasnt as much staying power because I admit i loved the smell at the end of the day - but the initial chemical smell of this famous perfume put me off. It was too strong for too long for my liking - I'll stick with Vera Wang's Princess :) and save my Angel for the night.

Popular Fragrances