Thierry Mugler Angel

3.2

on 11/22/2017 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Uhg, my Mom loves this stuff. I'm not familiar with scent notes, but this stuff is STRONG and not in a nice way. Really not a fan.

on 1/15/2017 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Angel in all its glory works wonders on my sisters skin. Her chemistry and Angel are a match made in heaven. And because of that, I can experience its unique and addicting profile. Her skin turns Angel into the gooey, caramel and dark chocolate heaven it's meant to be. It's quite delicious.

Angel always reminds me of a stripper perfume. No negative connotations intended. I imagine a stripper/dancer wearing this to work. Knowing she's fierce, beautiful and confident. It's so sticky and heavy but free spirited and hot.

A girl who wears and rocks Angel is not one to be messed with. I imagine only the most radical girls wearing this fragrance to death. And I am so jealous if this works on your skin. Angel is a delicious masterpiece.

on 12/3/2016 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

At first I was surprised about the low rating here, but then I realise that most reviews are either 1/5-2/5 or 5/5 - it seems it's pretty much impossible to be indifferent about this scent.

I got this as a sample (the EdP version) a year or so back, spritzed it at the inside of my wrist and pretty much recoiled. I remember wondering what the heck this perfume even was, and washing it off right away. That was probably my mistake - to me, this perfume definitely needs some time to mellow down on the skin, but once it has, it's stunning. It was when I was researching cruelty free perfumes that I stumbled across the name, and I figured out why the name was so familiar when I found the sample in my makeup drawer. I gave it a second chance, and fell head over heels for it this time around.

I'm pretty sure there's no other perfume that even comes close to this. I understand that not everyone will like it, but I've grown to love it. I've always been fond of sweet and floral scents before, but lately I've gotten tired of the headache-inducing floral bombs, so a perfume without any floral notes at all sounded particularly interesting. It's such a complex scent, big and bold, balanced yet full of contradictions and surprises. It is, by far, the sexiest scent that I've tried, and not for those who want something discreet.

I mentioned above that I found this while searching for a CF perfume. Turns out finding one wasn't the easiest thing. I've seen one or two sites stating that Mugler tests where required by law, but I also found the brand to be mentioned as an example of CF perfume enough times to at least feel comfortable that the brand has been known for being CF at some point - hopefully that still holds true. On their website they claim to only test on humans, but I haven't been able to find whether or not they're on the Chinese market. Before repurchasing, which I intend to do if I get confirmation of their CF status, I will get in touch with them regarding their presence (or hopefully lack thereof) on the Chinese market.

+ Such a unique perfume
+ A little goes a long way (can easily get overwhelming if you overdo it)
+ Lasts well throughout the day
+ Pretty bottle
+ Good nozzle on the bottle, creates a pretty fine mist which is certainly preferable with a perfume with such a big presence
+ Available in refillable bottles, which is great both environmentally, and for your wallet (though sadly I haven't found a retailer that deals with the refillable ones here in Sweden)

- The price isn't completely unreasonable for such a gourmand perfume, but it still stings a bit..

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my absolute favourite, and has been since I was about 5 years old, when my aunt used to wear it!!

A lot of people are scared of its very strong scent, but if like me you sweat off anything else within 20 minutes of application, then this is for you. The scent *will* get lighter quite quickly after spraying it on, leaving you eminently smell-able but not headache-inducing at all. The scent changes as it wears off too, and goes from musky to sweet and almost chocolate-y.

Honestly will be wearing this for the rest of my days. The fact that many beauty counters will refill your bottle for you, and that you can buy refill bottles to do it yourself, makes it all the more practical.

on 1/29/2016 8:16:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Too musky and earthy for me, I can smell something sweet under the musk maybe a vanilla but it's buried under a scent I dislike. I don't despise this as much as some other people do but it's not for me. Staying power is good though, so if you like it you can enjoy it all day lol. Would not repurchase.

on 12/29/2015 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

i am one of the Angel lovers, haha...I can see how some would hate it but to me it smells so good! I love a deep, warm scent in winter and this is all of that. It lasts and lasts and I just love it! It's a nineties classic! I wear it out and at night more than a daily thing but I will always have this on hand and I think I'll be wearing this in the grave!

It is STRONG so if you are easily offended by scent I would give this a pass but I encourage everybody to try it and to give it a test run. It really has to dry down and then it's wonderful. It does not work on everybody and if your not into gourmand perfumes (think: food) then this isn't for you. Very complicated and very lush.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I actually really love the smell of Angel. It is beautiful, although not for the faint of heart. It is a bit foody and reminds me of drizzling, spicy gingerbread, but the more sophisticated version! It's deep, dark, almost incense-like,there's a chocolate note in there, and it makes me want to keep smelling it. All of these qualities describe how I like my scents. I can smell the patchouli in this. The downside: a. it's expensive, although they have the refill bottles and b. some people absolutely HATE it. My mom can't stand to even be around the smell. It is definitely not for the office, and it is seriously one of the most powerful perfumes. A little bit goes a very long way, and I like to be mindful of choosing when to use it. This is why I ranked it 4 lippies out of 5. That being said, I have gotten compliments. I suppose it is a love/hate thing. I've been told it smells very sexy. I'd describe it that way too. Sexy, bold, unique.

on 10/31/2015 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

High priced funk in a bottle. I received a sample of Angel cream and thought it was intriguing so I ordered the perfume, lotion and shower gel. I sprayed the perfume and nearly became ill. It made me dizzy and smelled of underarms and hay. I waited and it dried down to something kind of like caramel but the hay odor was so prevalent. This was intentional as I read up on the ingredients. My husband said he was offended so I sent it back pronto. This is the weirdest scent I have smelled.

on 8/6/2013 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I often wonder what people are thinking when they give a fragrance such as this one 5 stars. I have read numerous reviews on this perfume all singing it's praises. I received a sample and couldn't wait to try it. Upon spraying myself I immediately jumped in the shower to scrub the horrendous scent off of me. It is truly terrible IMO! I smell this on so many people just in my day to day travels. I know we all have our own opinions regarding something personal such as perfume. BUT...it to me smells like a mixture of cat urine and cotton candy. I realize everyone had different chemistry but I work with many women that wear this and it doesn't smell good on any of them IMO. But they all rave how their men love it. So....I guess that men like scents like this?

on 8/2/2013 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Many people on here have already made some very good points about this fragrance.

1) You either love it...or hate it.

2) A little spritz goes a looonnngggg way.

3) It's either going to get on well with your body chemistry......or you're going to smell like vomit baking on a sidewalk under a boiling hot sun.

4) If you do love it, you'll especially love it in the wintertime.

I'm firmly in the LOVE it camp. I've bought so many refills over the years for both my large and small stars that I've lost count.

It's my signature scent and has been since it came out. I flirt, now and again, with something else....but am always, always irresistibly drawn back in by it's complexity, uniqueness, and beauty.

I wear it year-round. I tried, long ago, to "put it away" during the warmer months but felt completely naked without it. I've worn it for such a long time; it's become a part of the way I self-identify. I already have a very light hand with it. I go even lighter in the summer.

I have had people (men and women) stop me in stores, at airports, on the street, in the supermarket, parking lots, movie theaters - you name it - to ask me what on earth am I wearing because, "You smell SOOO GOOD!!" They have this dreamy, goo-goo eyed look about their face when they ask me.

I swear they've got to be putting some sort of instantly addicting drug in it that grabs hold of the people that like it.

I have yet to come across a man that hasn't fallen under it's spell. And, from what I've encountered, the men that have expressed admiration for the scent on me are totally ga-ga over it. Like.....they-are-YOUR-SLAVE-if-you-so-command ga-ga.

It's worth it's weight in pink diamonds.

Popular Fragrances