Thierry Mugler Angel

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Thierry Mugler  Angel

3.2

A good fragrance, spray it one time and you're good to go. Don't do it more than once or it's too much. I see why Angel exists for many years now. Pro: - fragrances is awesome - beautiful bottle - stays for hours (extreme concentrated) Neutral: - price Con: - you get not much for that price

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Angel is beautiful. I know a lot of people wear it, but it smells so lovely that I won't count its ubiquity against it. When I was working retail a lot of my customers wore it, and I could walk into the dressing room for hanger checks and still smell it, which always made me smile. Angel isn't for the feint of heart. You wear Angel when you want to be noticed. You wear it when you want people to sniff the air and say, "someone is wearing Angel." I love it on other people, and I even like it on my skin, but I do have to be careful to not over-apply it since my skin really amps it. When I am feeling extra-dramatic, Angel is the best scent to wear. I love the packaging too, the bottle is gorgeous (even though I don't particularly think the color of the juice or the shape of the bottle really meshes with the fragrance itself, but those are just my inherent biases talking.) I know a lot of people love to hate this fragrance, but I am in the equally important love to love it group.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got the travel spray & putting all my pennies into the coffer layering my scent instead of getting alien I ordered the hair scenting spray. :-)
---
Original review: I'm sitting in the car waiting for my dad to get either the hair spray scent version or the travel spray at Macy's currently. I had the big blue star from cvs but it was a little musty I think it must've been sitting there an awful long while. I don't know if our cvs even has much in the way of designer perfumes anymore I never go in there but Kroger would make a killing w an endcap of little paris Hilton & Britney Spears our old Kroger had perfume! I got a dupe of this; lost it promptly (I have quite the dupe collex! More duped than real) so I reordered my dupe oil & I got it today & im like wth this smells so good! I didn't wear it in the 90s so here I am rebuying it in the authentic form after realizing I hadn't given her a proper chance w my cvs bottle that was real. This reeks of stripper heaven I must say I'm fascinated & oh my friend liked this i respect that individual very much. I wear it loud & proud. My dentist office even asked me not to wear perfume there. F that this is equal air opportunity (it was chanel Coco I believe that day! F#%&!) I just sneezed & now I can clearly smell my angel dupe all over the car. My poor daddy having to endure it my mom hates perfumes she says they "ALL smell like 'dirt'" her words exactly & my dad likes his polo green but I ordered him some super dupes for his bday so I'm hoping to change that. My mom says I should spend all of my money on "ONE 'good' perfume" rather than 20 dupes for which I've got a few real ones: chanel, Dior addict, GA Si, &.....3 shelves of Victoria's Secret & B&BW fare, my holder w all of my fakes in my bathroom & a few scattered about the house & then well there's my obsession w cheap musks (Jovan, bonne Bell, Coty, body fantasy, oils...) & celeb renditions of perfumes from Katy Perry to paris Hilton to Jessica Simpson so why yes my mother I am buying one really good fragrance ANGEL & next pay day ALIEN. I'll wear my angel without regrets coz life's just to f short. I bid you Tschuess & thanks for reading my rant! Ps: I ended up with the travel spray as they were OOS on the hair scent. This smells like xmas in Wien Weihnachtenmarkt fresh pines, spice cake, wassail punch... I've never been to Austria but I will someday #bucketlist
---
Til;dr #winning #downtowntriplecrown

on 1/19/2017 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is one of those legendary perfumes that everyone has experienced at some point. To me it is the Poison of the 90s, a strong and unapologetic perfume that is bold and brash. It's very polarizing. You definitely need a light hand with this one. To me it is a patchouli bomb. I do appreciate it, and the body products are lush (especially the body cream and shower gel). Very sweet and the textbook definition of gourmand.

on 1/6/2017 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Perfume is a very personal experience thus difficult to review. I don't wear this but my bf does. When she sprays it lightly it's beautiful and definitely her signature scent. However if she puts too much on its so overpowering and cloying that it actually makes me heave! I have a very poor sense of smell so that shows how strong this stuff can be! I suppose I'm writing this to as a caution if you try it - it's definitely a less is more perfume.

I did not like this when I first came across it in the late 90's. However I have a friend that work it all the time and she always smelled amazing. This has grown on me and it is now a favorite.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I absolutely love this perfume! I only got the official refillable bottle today so i thought I'd share my opinion. Within a few seconds of spraying, i was almost overwhelmed by the strong musky scent - which in my case is a good thing. Musky and woody scents are my favourite smell in a typical perfume, so when i heard of Thierry Muglers edp with main notes of patchouli, sandalwood, and vanilla... I was dying to get it! I also love that you can still smell the sweet lesser notes of jasmine and fruits through the beautiful musk scent. They work so well together. And the refillable bottle? That is perfect! Why aren't all expensive perfume creators making their bottles refillable now? What an amazing idea! I love it!

on 3/9/2016 6:17:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Ive had alien for a while now never cared to try angel and I did so I bought it today and I like them equally as much and the fact that the bottle is refillable which is the best part. I went to the mall to buy dior addict but was sold out so I bought angel and I'm glad because after smelling all of the dior fragrances I actually like pure poison the best so that's my next purchase when I find a deal as it is pricey and not refillable...overall angel is a strange scent and I supposed an acquired taste but it draws compliments and can be smelled from a distance and I like that because whats the point of wearing a fragrance only you can smell?? It seems as if it morphs from initial application at first its very odd but dries down sweet and just a lil floral...angel is my new signature scent

on 2/26/2016 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Favorite fragrance. Hands down. Pricey but only use it for special occasions.

on 2/1/2016 7:56:00 PM