Thierry Mugler Angel

Thierry Mugler  Angel

2.9

on 6/7/2016 8:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Yes I am likely to buy it again despite I gave a low rating. I like that it smells different, statement-like. The problem I have with it are the lasting power and sillage. I've put 3 spritz because of the reviews. It smelled nice first few hours. Now, 6 h of wearing it I cannot detect it at all.
I bought it in Spain, at duty free, the 75 ml bottle, EDP, in case that makes a difference (bought in May 2016).
I have the same problem with Mugler's Alien, but not with Angel Muse.

on 5/12/2014 9:35:00 PM

I've heard about this scent for so lonxg and every time i smelled it at sephora i just couldn't believe anyone would buy this. It just smelled terrible! So strong and (forgive me) "old lady ish". Just terrible. Fast forward a few years, my teacher wears this and she always smelled so good. I didn't realize it was this until I dared myself to sniff it again at ulta one day and it smelled like her! And all of a sudden, i can't get enough of this. Now I smell the patchouli. Now I smell the chocolate....and holy crap, it's incredible. I cannot get enough of it! I bought the EDT and love it but wanted to also try the EDP which I love even more. The first few minutes you spray this on it smells wayyyyyyy strong but give it 5 minutes and it will be so worth it.

on 12/22/2013 2:12:00 AM

Eyes: Violet

based on all the reviews here, I went to try it out. Just as described. All the young reviewers say it smells like barf while the older folks says it is heavenly. That pretty much sums it up.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Angel is not ethereal or romantic to me.
It starts out pungent and musky, and turns thickly, sickly sweet after several minutes. Turns my stomach pretty bad, too.
It has incredible staying power, so it's too damn bad that I can't stand it. And the packaging is gorgeous. I love that you can get the little stand for the stars. Beautiful. But my cod, that smell just does not agree with me.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This perfume smells like you went into Sephora and sprayed no less than 10 fragrances on you at once. Also the sillage is extremely high and just a small drop is known to induce headaches for you and everyone you come into contact with.

on 6/27/2013 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

A friend recently brought be a Thierry Mugler Alien gift set and it that gift set I got some samples of Womanity and Angel. I just can't stand Theirry Mugler scents at all!
This is a very strong, long lasting, super super super sweet and generic scent.

on 10/22/2012 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

smells like skunk. and a little cigarette smoke? but mostly skunk.

I'cant remember how many bottles I've purchased of Angel. It's my favorite scent for almost 10 years.
It was unfamiliar to me, but my husband (at the time he was my boyfriend) bought this as a gift for me. I had to get used to this unusual scent. It didn't stink, but it was unlike the floral scents I was used wearing. I used it anyway, because it was a gift and I was crazy in love with my boyfriend, so nothing he could do was wrong!
After a couple of weeks wearing it I fell in love with it. People on the street asked me what I was wearing, my perfume was amazing! :)
I was (and still am) convinced, this is my signature scent. My skin agrees with it 100%. And very important: it stays all day long and you don't need much of it. I love it!

Edit 7/6/2016
I cannot have enough Angel around me. Again I am obsessed with the blue poison. After not wearing it for nearly 2 years, it got to me again. What a beautiful scent this is, even after all those years. I can bathe in it, drink it, be it.
As for the notes, all I actually get are the vanilla and honey, with a hint of chocolate. After a few hours the patchouli really kicks in and then it becomes so sexy. By the next morning (! Yes, that long) I get soft patchouli and musk, which is absolute bliss.
I own the bodycream , but for sure now I want the body oil too. Just because... another way of wearing Angel cannot go wrong!
But here's the key: always use it sparingly! Yes, you can layer with the soap, bodycream/oil. But when it comes to actually applying the juice, I don't even push the spritzer all the way down, only half to be exact. I put it on my pulse points, very lightly. I don't want to be pointed at as "oh no, here goes another Angel bomb". That wouldn't do justice to this gorgeous and unique scent.
It just works for me, and to be honest, Angel crushes all my Chanel and Germain babies.... there, I 've said it!

on 3/20/2012 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Wow, what to say about Angel? The EDP is practically radioactive coming out of the bottle and the top notes make me think of commercial bathroom cleaner + mutant cotton candy (and yes, it absolutely MUST be applied very sparingly). I'm glad I gave it a chance though cuz after 20 minutes or so it smells much less synthetic and overbearing, on me settling into a slow delicious unfolding of fruit, chocolate, spices, vanilla and musk. I can tell it's in there, but thankfully it doesn't smell much like patchouli to me at any stage. Drydown is lovely and very long lasting.

I get compliments all the time when I'm wearing Angel and like others here I've found that guys usually find it very enticing, although I had a BF who disliked it. On the downside it's a pretty common scent that some find annoying and it's not mysterious or subtle even in small doses (basically just pleads "EAT ME!!"). Bottom line is, I really love the way it smells on me after it calms down and often wear it as an evening scent.

on 12/12/2011 2:39:00 AM

It's either you love or hate this scent...

After reading the reviews here, and since almost all my favorite scents have some hint of vanilla in it (Pink Sugar, Fancy, Laura Mercier's Vanilla Gourmand, Creme Bouquet, CSP's Coco Vanille, Hypnotic Poison), I sincerely wanted to like this... especially after I found out that it had lasting power, which majority of my sweet EDTs do not have. So, I tried it on-

OMG, it was loathing at first sniff!!! It stenched -felt it was literally suffocating me. In fairness, I waited a good 15 minutes for it to settle -before swearing it off for good!! To make matters worse, I woke up the following day still smelling it on me!! Great staying power though (hence, +1 star). Would NEVER buy.

Popular Fragrances