Thierry Mugler Angel

Filtered by hair type : Straight age: 18 & Under
Thierry Mugler  Angel

2.8

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I absolutely love this scent.

Although I can understand how there are so many bad reviews - this really isn't a scent you need to use too much of - ONE small spray, please. I honestly think that some people dislike Angel because some idiot has probably sprayed almost the entire bottle over her clothes. No. Just no. Please, if you want to wear Angel, then do it justice and use very sparingly.
Anyway. Rant over.

Regarding the scent itself, I use the Eau de Parfum and have been obsessed with it ever since I first tried it.

This perfume is incredibly popular in Spain - whenever I go over to visit relatives I recognise this on so many girls in the street. It just smells gorgeous in summer - as I'm writing this I can picture Seville in the really hot months - and this scent conjures up loud, buzzing nights. This is a very mediterranean perfume - we tend to like the stronger scents, that leave a bit of a trail. I would say this is very unmistakeable, and an absolute masterpiece.

The overall composition is sweet. Yes, it is a gourmand, but not one that I find too sickly or offensive. You will not actually smell like a dessert while wearing this, despite all of the rich, almost edible notes - it's too complex to come across as a chocolate pudding/sugarbomb attack on the nose, because of the patchouli that serves as a base. I definitely get a strong, immediate hit of honey, red fruits, cotton candy and dark, dark chocolate - which I am slightly obsessed by.

I always feel great while wearing this. It's so warming and exotic. And yes, you may have
heard, men adore this scent. It really is an aphrodisiac. A kind of smell that you want to snuggle up to or savour - I always find myself sniffing my wrist because I'm craving more of its sensual, heady goodness. But it has to be on the right skin and body chemistry. If Angel doesn't suit you, then you'll probably know about it very quickly from other people's reactions, which could put some people off and explain the bad reviews. But please, I repeat, don't give Angel a bad name by wearing it if it doesn't suit you. That's just encouraging any bad rep for such a wonderful product.

So, if you're feeling like you want to try Angel, ease into it with just a single spray and you might be surprised. It really is like nothing I have ever smelt before or since. My firm favourite - the good news is it's quite economical despite it being more expensive than a lot of other perfumes. It's definitely an investment buy. This is because you need such a tiny amount due to the incredible sillage and longevity. I can spray this once onto my wrist, dab it onto the other one, rub my wrists behind my ears and on my neck, then I'm good to go - and, unbelievably, I can still smell it the next day. All day. So, if you like the smell, this is good news. If you don't, then it could be a bitch to scrub off in the shower. While I'm wearing it I tend to feel like it's quite a confident, sexy, rich, deep and complex scent - not the typical watered-down fruity crap that so many unfortunately misguided girls wear now. No, this is proper perfume - a classic scent.

I also adore the most recent campaign for this with Eva Mendes. She really suits the vibe of the perfume and just embodies its confident, strong but also really feminine and classic appeal. I would definitely picture somebody like her wearing this scent. I don't know why but I really feel this suits Hispanic women (probably because it reminds me of the thousands of girls who wear this in Spain). It just conjures up dark hair, tans and summertime.

The bottle is also great - very pretty on my dresser, I have the little blue star and I love the fact that the juice is coloured. Everything about this product, from the scent to the marketing is stylish and luxurious.

Try it, and if it doesn't work for you, then leave it alone. But if it does, then you'll be very lucky to enjoy such a gorgeous, unique smell.

on 10/26/2012 1:57:00 AM

This perfume is very much a hit or miss with most people..at first spritz it's a very strong, overpowering smell. However, once the top notes fade out, it becomes a sweet, spicy scent that you could only smell in close range. I guess it really does depend on body chemistry and how it reacts with your skin/body heat. It definitely is a very dark, sultry fragrance..just make sure not to over-dose!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

UGH!! Awful! Angel just smells overwhelmingly musky and spicy to me; I can't even discern any chocolate/berry notes. It's so strong, concentrated, and long-lasting. This perfume is definitely not for those who like to smell good.

*Side note* I like the packaging, though. An adorable bottle to have on your dresser.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I received a bottle of this for Christmas and loved the bottle (i'm reusing it with my Burberry Brit) but the smell wasn't for me. It smelled different and elegant when I first put it on, but for some reason the oils in my skin would mix with this and create a smell I wasn't really pleased with. Plus, if you put too much on, prepare for a migraine. Nice for certain people, didn't work for me.

on 8/11/2010 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I HATE this. It smells like men's cologne, burnt something-or-other, and spicy chocolate (but not the good kind). It lasts awhile but I STINK! I will never, ever buy this. It smells atrocious.

on 11/1/2009 3:31:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I received a sample of this product but I didn't have much interest in it so I shelved it for a while. One day I saw this and thought that maybe I should try it because of the rave reviews. When I first smelled this from the sample bottle I thought it was just a regular old generic perfume. Boy was I wrong. It smelled so good after a while once it absorbed and when time past it smelled even better. It makes me want to get the full bottle but the price is a bit steep.

on 9/24/2009 5:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am so disappointed in this perfume. I've heard such great things about it, so I decided to finally try it on today. It must not go with my skin chemistry or something, because on me it smells like cat pee. I've already tried washing this off (with soap!) but I can still sniff it on me. It's really strong, but I guess big ups to Thierry Mugler for creating a perfume that has crazy stay-on power.

Please try it on before you buy. Some perfumes just don't go well with certain people.

on 3/28/2008 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Today I first smelled this. It's awful! I was with 2 friends and they both thought the same. According to osmoz this has bergamot, mandarin, passion fruit, peach, apricot, patchouli, vanilla, chocolate and caramel. This should smell gourmand in theory but it doesn't. My first impression of this was.. DIRTY WOMAN (literarily speaking) like some lady who hasn't take a shower in a year... :S I think all these notes crash and the result is this. 2 lippies for the bottle that is beautiful, and the lasting power which is great.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Angel is one of those fragrances that worked so well on me that the memory of trying it haunted me for months until I had saved up the money to buy a bottle. I adore patchouli for its spiciness, it works well on me and I love it. I really love patchouli if it is paired with something sweet (patchouli and fruit or anything foodie = heaven). Angel is like the ultimate patchouli and sweetness pairing.

For the first few minutes on my skin, Angel is straight patchouli. But it's a spicy, delicious sort of goldeny smelling patchouli. Then I get what smells like sweet patchouli and dark chocolate. Almost bitter, but sweet and mouthwatering all the same. My friend sniffed me after a half hour and said that it smelled like berries, vanilla, and patchouli to her, and that it suited me well.

In the drydown, after about an hour, I LOVE this even more. It really is the ultimate gourmand fragrance. It still has a light base of patchouli, but the vanilla is much stronger. It's like someone poured a good dose of vanilla over some patchouli and then drizzled honey, caramel, and chocolate over it. I can't get over how great it smells.

This is exotic, rich, and indulgent. A little bit goes a long way, has a ton of throw, and lasts forever on my skin. It's worth every bit of the hefty price, in my opinion. I get so many compliments whenever I wear it, but then patchouli has always worked oddly well on my skin. I saved up for a bottle and would definitely buy another when I run out :)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Whenever I sniff this all I get is rancid chocolate and wilted flower notes, worst of all, this stuff is mega strong.

Popular Fragrances