Thierry Mugler Angel Eau de Parfum

Filtered by hair type : Other age: 25-29
Thierry Mugler  Angel Eau de Parfum

3.6

on 10/11/2014 12:04:00 PM

for me to write a review of a fragrance the first time i try it, it must be pretty outstanding one way or another, and angel truly is. i think most of the negativity surrounding angel is that the fragrance market has been bowdlerized to the point where whatever you buy, at whatever price, smells like cheap shampoo. nothing wrong with that, but why wear perfume at all then? why spend $100ish on fragrance when you can just buy a pleasant body spray for $15 tops?

angel dates to 1992, a time when the first "dumbed down" fragrances came on the market (and eventually took over). the modern 21st century nose will associate strong, bold scents with "old ladies" and while i certainly don't love all such perfumes, i do prefer a heavier, richer, truer fragrance. this is one of them.

this is an extremely well-orchastrated gourmand and i find that while i hate patchouli on its own, it has been blended well here to give depth to chocolate and candy notes.

i will almost certainly get a bottle of this one day (or maybe a body cream). this is not necessarily an every day scent (it can be) but this makes me think of fall/winter festivities in particular, just beautiful!!

on 1/28/2013 11:06:00 PM

Angel's scent is crisp, clean, and fresh. There really are no other words to describe this delicate scent. I have worn this scent for several years and it is an all time favorite in my perfume collection. Depending on where you buy it, it costs around $59.00 at most stores (macys , nordstroms, target, etc.)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this smell. Def a unisexy scent....but I still love it!

on 8/19/2011 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

I'm on the fence about this fragrance. It's so harsh smelling when you put it on. You nearly gag and your eyes water. But then, it dries, and you then smell beautiful... and expensive. Whenever I wear this frangrance, I can still smell it on my clothes (or anything else that was near by when I sprayed it), and generally, after a few hours, the smell is rather pleasant. Although I usually layer my fragrance with the matching body lotion, this perfume is so strong, that putting it on over lotion would be way too overpowering. You only need two quick sprays of when wearing this fragrance. I really like the staying power, but dislike the overwhelming scent this fragrance is at times.

on 1/21/2011 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I don't know what to say about this fragrance other than that it's just plain weird. Strong notes of bergamot and clove with an unmistakable shot of patchouli lingering in the background. I don't detect any floral notes at all, just spice and patchouli. I'd never consider buying the stuff, but if I had, I'd likely be using it as an air freshener or spritzing it here and there for a whiff of Christmas every now and then. Yeah, Christmas. This smells a lot like it. Gets two lippies for uniqueness.

on 12/31/2010 1:54:00 PM

Gorgeous bottle! However, you must apply this scent VERY sparingly or it is overwhelming. I was so sad when I realized that this lovely scent is the same one that a lady I know drenches herself with. Now I can't wear it without thinking of her cloud of perfume. If you're thinking of making this your signature scent, please smell it first and make sure no one you know already wears it!

Sweet, spicy, amber and vanilla.

on 12/26/2010 7:50:00 PM

This smells really bad on me. At first it smell of pathouli and moss, after about 4 hours it is still strong . Clearly it didnt respond well with my body chemistry. To those of u who has good reaction with this perfume u guys are lucky because it smells good.

on 10/12/2010 11:37:00 AM

Ok, so we all know this is a bit of a Marmite fragrance. If you like it in the bottle, it's a bit of a lottery as to whether it will smell like heaven on your skin. If you're unlucky, most likely you'll complain about pine trees, burning rubber, deep heat, furniture polish or any other unpleasant aroma your psyche can conjure up! I am happy to say i struck lucky with this and have been loyal to Thierry Mugler for seven years now. So help me, i've tried to switch to something else, since Angel is so common but i do get a lot of compliments even from people who also wear it and have been told i smells quite unique on me. I can't tell you if thats true but i can say that i do truly love this fragrance. I get sweet and heavy caramel notes, spicy but also fruity. To me, i'll keep trying new fragrances but this will probably forever remain my signature scent.

on 3/27/2010 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have loved this and Angel Innocent since high school. I wore Angel Innocent throughout high school and switched to Angel since. I love the rich scent of the chocolate and honey notes to it.

A little goes a long way and it lasts through the day. Its strong when you first spray but it turns into a subtle sweetness. Guys seem to like this scent too. Its so unique and different from all the floral, vanilla, and citrus fragrances out there. You'll definitely stand out.

The bottle is absolutely gorgeous as well. You can now refill them too to cut down on the cost of the perfume which is pricey but so worth it. Totally will keep using this on and on.

on 12/15/2009 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

My favorite perfume. I love it so much. The smell is exactly what I like in perfumes. I am not into flowers so much as musky. Which is why I love mens colonge so much