Thierry Mugler Angel Eau de Parfum

Thierry Mugler  Angel Eau de Parfum

3.3

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I actually really love the smell of Angel. It is beautiful, although not for the faint of heart. It is a bit foody and reminds me of drizzling, spicy gingerbread, but the more sophisticated version! It's deep, dark, almost incense-like,there's a chocolate note in there, and it makes me want to keep smelling it. All of these qualities describe how I like my scents. I can smell the patchouli in this. The downside: a. it's expensive, although they have the refill bottles and b. some people absolutely HATE it. My mom can't stand to even be around the smell. It is definitely not for the office, and it is seriously one of the most powerful perfumes. A little bit goes a very long way, and I like to be mindful of choosing when to use it. This is why I ranked it 4 lippies out of 5. That being said, I have gotten compliments. I suppose it is a love/hate thing. I've been told it smells very sexy. I'd describe it that way too. Sexy, bold, unique.

Haven't been on makeupalley in forever but wanted to give this a great review!! I get a burst of citrusy chocolately freshness that is very unique every time I apply. I am going to order another angel because mine is getting low! I recommend to all of my friends and they are always complimenting me!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like the fragrane but it can be a bit too strong, not an everyday frgrance for me. I only wear on special occasions, and when I do wear it people recognize it

on 11/7/2012 2:14:00 AM

Would i buy this again not no but hell no. My husband got this for me after i pointed it out and said id heard so many good things about. So imagine my suprise when i get my brand new fragrance baby home open it for that first spray and wait for the drydown.........and then wth it smells like BO!! What? Not possible so thinking omg is it me?!?! I jump in the shower get out and try again...and no absolutely not. Its my brand new full bottle of perfume. My husband hated it so much he threw it in the trash himself. Id still love to try alien though, maybe we will get along better.

on 10/25/2012 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really love the smell.. it's a lil bit pricey thou.. it has this sweet + a bit of peppermint smell which stays throughout the day.. will definitely repurchase!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This, to me, smells like the new OFF family mosquito spray...it's awful. The SA's in Dillard's sprayed this on blue ribbons and were handing them out it the store. I really didn't want a ribbon but my over willing but amazingly cute son grabbed the ribbon because...well he's four and someone had a ribbon so he took it lol! Anyways, when we got back to the car I almost couldn't stand to be in the car bc this scent was so strong and artificial smelling. I had to deal with it the whole way home until I couldn't sneak it away from my son :( I'm definitely on the "hate" end of the spectrum.

on 10/22/2012 11:03:00 PM

I love this perfume. Whenever I wear it, people always compliment me. You don't need to use a lot since its very strong.

What more can be said about Angel? It's strong, sweet and distinct. I love it and get lots of compliments.

But It is frustrating to pay $100 for a bottle to smell like everyone else...
And my mother asks me not to wear it around her!

on 4/2/2012 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I got a sample of this some years ago. Gosh, this perfume is awfully nasty. I dunno how to describe the smell... it's so overpowering it makes me feel so dizzy and it gives me a bad headache too. Smells like any other cheap and crappy perfume you can find at your local supermarket, just ten times more expensive. Can't understand why someone would like to smell like this trash... seriously...

on 3/20/2012 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Wow, what to say about Angel? The EDP is practically radioactive coming out of the bottle and the top notes make me think of commercial bathroom cleaner + mutant cotton candy (and yes, it absolutely MUST be applied very sparingly). I'm glad I gave it a chance though cuz after 20 minutes or so it smells much less synthetic and overbearing, on me settling into a slow delicious unfolding of fruit, chocolate, spices, vanilla and musk. I can tell it's in there, but thankfully it doesn't smell much like patchouli to me at any stage. Drydown is lovely and very long lasting.

I get compliments all the time when I'm wearing Angel and like others here I've found that guys usually find it very enticing, although I had a BF who disliked it. On the downside it's a pretty common scent that some find annoying and it's not mysterious or subtle even in small doses (basically just pleads "EAT ME!!"). Bottom line is, I really love the way it smells on me after it calms down and often wear it as an evening scent.