Thierry Mugler Angel

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium age: 18 & Under
Thierry Mugler  Angel

2.5

on 12/31/2014 2:20:00 PM

I have only tried Angel once and that was enough. I have heard and read a lot about it and that if I didn't like Alien I would like this; and I didn't like Alien. I sprayed it on and immediately recognized it. I have smelled it a lot and didn't recognize it as a perfume but assumed it was fabric softener/perfume mating that produced a monster offspring, a rub for strained muscles, some weird herbal alcoholic beverage someone had spilled, a cleaning solution, a man who ran out one can of AXE and finished his spray down with a different AXE smell. . . . I tried one tiny spray on the back of my hand. By the time I got out of the store the smell had grown so big I was embarrassed. Other than patchouli I couldn't tell you the notes. It seemed very medicinal in an unpleasant way--a nausea inducing potion, too--and all I could focus on was getting it off me. I tried to wash it of in a filling station bathroom but that didn't affect it. Then I got home and used hand soap. Then I used dish soap. Then both again. I could still smell it for hours although not as strong. I can say I tried it now, at least, and I know what that strange smell I encounter everywhere is now. I won't try it again much less buy it. I recommend it for those occasions you don't want people too close and hermits.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

as i grow older my senses have been leaning towards feminine and womanly smells rather than the candy and sweet smells i use to enjoy as a young girl. my all time favourite is chanel no.5 and this is up there with it. I first tried this fragrance at turkey in istanbul. initially when i first sprayed it on the smell wasnt that great but within half an hour it smelt amazing. now when i wear it i remember turkey and my aunty in istanbul wore this perfume so many times in her life that her skin induced it in. If you are someone who wears perfumes for memories then make angel the perfume that you will never forget. angel has scarred my sensory system that it is inevitible to forget. thank you thierry mugler for an enjoyable and pleasant experience.

on 1/14/2013 4:17:00 PM

I don't own this perfume, and I'm glad I don't. All I smell is grass and milk, unfortunatly. :/

on 10/26/2012 1:57:00 AM

This perfume is very much a hit or miss with most people..at first spritz it's a very strong, overpowering smell. However, once the top notes fade out, it becomes a sweet, spicy scent that you could only smell in close range. I guess it really does depend on body chemistry and how it reacts with your skin/body heat. It definitely is a very dark, sultry fragrance..just make sure not to over-dose!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I received a bottle of this for Christmas and loved the bottle (i'm reusing it with my Burberry Brit) but the smell wasn't for me. It smelled different and elegant when I first put it on, but for some reason the oils in my skin would mix with this and create a smell I wasn't really pleased with. Plus, if you put too much on, prepare for a migraine. Nice for certain people, didn't work for me.

A few years ago, there was a girl in one of my classes who constantly smelled like a mixture of ice cream and marijuana. I guessed that she probably ate a carton of Ben & Jerry's every morning while simultaneously smoking a blunt, because I had never smelled anything so confusing and nauseating before.

Fast forward to my 17th birthday. I received a bottle of Angel perfume, took one whiff, and immediately realized I was wrong.

The girl was wearing Angel.

This fragrance is absolutely awful. Having a very extensive perfume collection, I can compare this to many other scents, and Angel is overpowering for the nose and for your natural scent. It is not fresh, or appealing, but rather cheap smelling and rancid. The whole "food molecule" concept (Angel is apparently the first fragrance without floral notes) makes this perfume sickly and sweet. I get the impression that it contains no water at all.
I would never buy this product again, it is honestly the worst perfume i have, I have never even worn it once out of my house. I simply couldn't allow myself to leave with this on.
You can immediately tell when someone has this scent, it seems that no matter how little you use, it will stick to you and STAY for ever, which is good if you like the smell i guess :)

on 11/1/2009 3:31:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I received a sample of this product but I didn't have much interest in it so I shelved it for a while. One day I saw this and thought that maybe I should try it because of the rave reviews. When I first smelled this from the sample bottle I thought it was just a regular old generic perfume. Boy was I wrong. It smelled so good after a while once it absorbed and when time past it smelled even better. It makes me want to get the full bottle but the price is a bit steep.

So I own this perfume, but as a gift, and I have to say that I wish I'd warned the person who gave this to me before they bought me a perfume, because I absolutely hate this perfume on me. I really wanted to love it, but honestly on me, it smells like a dying rat. Or like someone has retched on my arm (this has never happened btw, pure speculation). So I really recommend trying before buying because I'm an example of the skin that it does not suit!

on 9/24/2009 5:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am so disappointed in this perfume. I've heard such great things about it, so I decided to finally try it on today. It must not go with my skin chemistry or something, because on me it smells like cat pee. I've already tried washing this off (with soap!) but I can still sniff it on me. It's really strong, but I guess big ups to Thierry Mugler for creating a perfume that has crazy stay-on power.

Please try it on before you buy. Some perfumes just don't go well with certain people.

Popular Fragrances