Thierry Mugler Angel

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
Thierry Mugler  Angel

3.2

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got the travel spray & putting all my pennies into the coffer layering my scent instead of getting alien I ordered the hair scenting spray. :-)
---
Original review: I'm sitting in the car waiting for my dad to get either the hair spray scent version or the travel spray at Macy's currently. I had the big blue star from cvs but it was a little musty I think it must've been sitting there an awful long while. I don't know if our cvs even has much in the way of designer perfumes anymore I never go in there but Kroger would make a killing w an endcap of little paris Hilton & Britney Spears our old Kroger had perfume! I got a dupe of this; lost it promptly (I have quite the dupe collex! More duped than real) so I reordered my dupe oil & I got it today & im like wth this smells so good! I didn't wear it in the 90s so here I am rebuying it in the authentic form after realizing I hadn't given her a proper chance w my cvs bottle that was real. This reeks of stripper heaven I must say I'm fascinated & oh my friend liked this i respect that individual very much. I wear it loud & proud. My dentist office even asked me not to wear perfume there. F that this is equal air opportunity (it was chanel Coco I believe that day! F#%&!) I just sneezed & now I can clearly smell my angel dupe all over the car. My poor daddy having to endure it my mom hates perfumes she says they "ALL smell like 'dirt'" her words exactly & my dad likes his polo green but I ordered him some super dupes for his bday so I'm hoping to change that. My mom says I should spend all of my money on "ONE 'good' perfume" rather than 20 dupes for which I've got a few real ones: chanel, Dior addict, GA Si, &.....3 shelves of Victoria's Secret & B&BW fare, my holder w all of my fakes in my bathroom & a few scattered about the house & then well there's my obsession w cheap musks (Jovan, bonne Bell, Coty, body fantasy, oils...) & celeb renditions of perfumes from Katy Perry to paris Hilton to Jessica Simpson so why yes my mother I am buying one really good fragrance ANGEL & next pay day ALIEN. I'll wear my angel without regrets coz life's just to f short. I bid you Tschuess & thanks for reading my rant! Ps: I ended up with the travel spray as they were OOS on the hair scent. This smells like xmas in Wien Weihnachtenmarkt fresh pines, spice cake, wassail punch... I've never been to Austria but I will someday #bucketlist
---
Til;dr #winning #downtowntriplecrown

on 6/29/2016 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my absolute favorite perfume! I smelled the men's one on my friend, and was blown away, so I immediately bought the ladies' version for myself. It is heavy, musky, patchouli infused, extremely sensual. It's like sex in the bottle! If you like floral or fruity smells then this baby is not for you. You gotta have a large presence to wear this. It's not for shy or faint hearted people. You gonna turn heads as you walk by.

on 6/7/2016 8:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Yes I am likely to buy it again despite I gave a low rating. I like that it smells different, statement-like. The problem I have with it are the lasting power and sillage. I've put 3 spritz because of the reviews. It smelled nice first few hours. Now, 6 h of wearing it I cannot detect it at all.
I bought it in Spain, at duty free, the 75 ml bottle, EDP, in case that makes a difference (bought in May 2016).
I have the same problem with Mugler's Alien, but not with Angel Muse.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Oh my lol
I really wanted to try this and now that I have I am blown away and not in a good way.
The scent was a real turn off to me. Very generic smelling and a huge headache.

on 10/30/2013 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

After reading probably hundreds of reviews about this perfume and the very mixed reactions, I decided I just had to have it (it was also on sale via Groupon so I figured, even if I didn't love it, I didn't pay full retail for it so no harm, no foul). I was so excited upon receiving it in the mail, ripped open the box at my work, and my coworkers literally made fun of me after they watched me take a big wiff and cringe. It smells horrendous straight from the bottle. It smelled as if I dumped mouth wash on a Christmas tree and then of course, all my coworkers just had to smell it after my reaction and then they made fun of me some more for spending money on something so awful. Then, something magical happened. I sprayed it on a couch and I seriously instantly fell in love. It was sweet and sugary and unique and so in-your-face that it can't be ignored. I sometimes spray it on my bed in the morning and then when I go to lay down at night I'm swept away by it's beauty. I tried it the next day on my own skin and for about an hour I hated it but as it dried down, it became so saccharin and enchanting and because I now know that I like the dry down of this perfume, I spray it on sometimes a few hours before I even leave to go anywhere, just so I don't douse people's noses with it. So, here's why I won't buy it again. A) It will take me forever to run out of it because I used it VERY sparingly and I don't wear it daily. B) I will probably never spend the actual retail value on it because its super pricey, and with my perfume addiction, I don't tend to splurge on any single perfume.

So, all in all, it's not my favorite but I by no means hate it. I will also note that I LOVE perfume and wear perfume every day and this particular one is not for the inexperienced or faint of heart. I would never ever get this as a gift for anyone or tell my friend who wears Bath and Body Works body mists to try this because, like my coworkers, they too would probably laugh at me then yell at me for suggesting they purchase such an expensive perfume. It takes a bold, confident woman to wear this and to those that do, I salute you.

on 11/5/2012 3:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is an explosion of emerald-green stardust to me: I would have actually made the bottle in green - then it would have better supported the essence of the scent. Angel is such a rare effect of warm green! - truly unique, because before it nothing remotely similar had been available. Considering, how much controversy it stirrs up, it's already a winner! - people who choose bold loud fragrances seek attention, and this one gets 100% of it ( even if it's openly hated by some - there's no such thing as bad press, right? :) ) It opens with a sparkling surge of green, and then the stardust settles and the sweetness emerges from this heavenly otherworldly rainforest. I don't detect any chocolate - on the contrary, the whole cocoathing is not at all present to my nose: it is rather sugarcoated green leaves for me. It produces an exact feeling that a person, who appreciates nature, experiences while watching a 5pm sun crawling towards the horizon line over a sparkly snowy winter landscape! As intense as it is, it actually calmes me down: strange, but I manage to derive deep serenity from it. There's NOTHING old-ladyish in it, on the contrary - a very young hopefull and energetic scent! Wore it in my teens and recently got a bottle from my husband and I can't wait for the reunion! An ideal Xmas/NY holiday perfume - nails the mood and suits all the glitter!

on 7/24/2012 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This meshes SO well with my body chemistry... it lasts a good 10-12 hours on me. I have about 15 or so bottles of various perfumes and I think this is going to end up being my signature scent... makes me feel sexy and pretty when I wear it. In a bad girl kind of way lol. It just has that "smell" to it. My 81 year old, very stylish and hip grandmother wears this, and she knows what's up. Love, love, love it. I would repurchase if I ever run out (one spray does it for me, this is definitely NOT a perfume you want to bathe in!).

on 11/11/2011 6:38:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I never understood the adoration for and the outrageous price of this fragrance. There is no other way to describe the smell other than "sickly sweet". Notes: Top- patchouli, Middle- patchouli, Base- patchouli. Boring, and frankly, gross.

on 8/11/2010 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I HATE this. It smells like men's cologne, burnt something-or-other, and spicy chocolate (but not the good kind). It lasts awhile but I STINK! I will never, ever buy this. It smells atrocious.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

The scent is really nice but very heavy! The scent lasts a long time. It's a little chocolatey and to be honest, I wouldn't buy this again, it's definitely not a day time perfume.

I don't like the way the bottle refuses to stand. I gave this to my mum.

Popular Fragrances