Thierry Mugler Angel Eau de Parfum

Thierry Mugler  Angel Eau de Parfum

3.1

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I actually really love the smell of Angel. It is beautiful, although not for the faint of heart. It is a bit foody and reminds me of drizzling, spicy gingerbread, but the more sophisticated version! It's deep, dark, almost incense-like,there's a chocolate note in there, and it makes me want to keep smelling it. All of these qualities describe how I like my scents. I can smell the patchouli in this. The downside: a. it's expensive, although they have the refill bottles and b. some people absolutely HATE it. My mom can't stand to even be around the smell. It is definitely not for the office, and it is seriously one of the most powerful perfumes. A little bit goes a very long way, and I like to be mindful of choosing when to use it. This is why I ranked it 4 lippies out of 5. That being said, I have gotten compliments. I suppose it is a love/hate thing. I've been told it smells very sexy. I'd describe it that way too. Sexy, bold, unique.

on 5/4/2014 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The first time a sales lady sprayed my wrist with Angel I almost gagged. "how can this be one of the most popular fragrances in the world?! It smells like a dumpster swarming with roaches" I said to my husband. I nearly gagged, but resisted the urge to wash it off. We came home and after 7 hours or wearing it I smelled this delicious mix of patchouli and vanilla and berries and everything that's delicious in this world. Fast forward a few months later, I decided to give it another go, on paper. And I held that paper for a good hour. Smelled it every 5 minutes and I could not get enough of it! I still didn't hasten to buy it. Did the tango for a month and I finally decided to buy it. I'm in love. PS. The packaging of the refillable 50ml star bottle I found ridiculously cheap. The plastic/metallic like cover is so flimsy. Seeing that I paid 140$ for this bottle the expect the packaging to be top notch. And it isn't.

on 6/27/2013 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

A friend recently brought be a Thierry Mugler Alien gift set and it that gift set I got some samples of Womanity and Angel. I just can't stand Theirry Mugler scents at all!
This is a very strong, long lasting, super super super sweet and generic scent.

on 10/22/2012 11:03:00 PM

I love this perfume. Whenever I wear it, people always compliment me. You don't need to use a lot since its very strong.

on 10/22/2012 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

smells like skunk. and a little cigarette smoke? but mostly skunk.

This is one of those scents that I deeply admire but I can rarely wear in public. As fascinating as it is (almost dirty patchouli, decadent desserts), this one unfortunately wears me instead of me wearing it. From time to time, I'll give myself a small spritz when I'm at home with my husband (he actually really loves it), but it isn't really suited for my personality and body chemistry as I had hoped. Contrary to many, I don't smell it often in my city, but one day, I passed this extremely chic lady in her 60s (oversized Chanel glasses, impeccable black dress) and she was wearing this. It smelled absolutely perfect on her--mature, a little mysterious, and confident.

on 3/20/2012 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Wow, what to say about Angel? The EDP is practically radioactive coming out of the bottle and the top notes make me think of commercial bathroom cleaner + mutant cotton candy (and yes, it absolutely MUST be applied very sparingly). I'm glad I gave it a chance though cuz after 20 minutes or so it smells much less synthetic and overbearing, on me settling into a slow delicious unfolding of fruit, chocolate, spices, vanilla and musk. I can tell it's in there, but thankfully it doesn't smell much like patchouli to me at any stage. Drydown is lovely and very long lasting.

I get compliments all the time when I'm wearing Angel and like others here I've found that guys usually find it very enticing, although I had a BF who disliked it. On the downside it's a pretty common scent that some find annoying and it's not mysterious or subtle even in small doses (basically just pleads "EAT ME!!"). Bottom line is, I really love the way it smells on me after it calms down and often wear it as an evening scent.

Love this fragrance and I very rarely like any department store perfumes. I tend to like fragrances with coconut, cocoa butter, Comptoir Sud Pacifique scents, etc. Use just the faintest touch because other wise it's completely overwhelming. I'd wear it anyway but I get tons of compliments from guys when I wear this. My boyfriend will lift my hair up and press his face into the back of my neck whenever I wear this.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I samples this @ Dillards and the scent was horrible!! to top it off the scent was really strong and it anonyed me all day long! Horrible horrible scent! I guess this does not work well with my body chemistry or something.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

So I don't actually own this product. But I love this smell...on other people! The packaging is gorgeous, and I went through this phase where I really wanted to own this perfume. But I got a sample and it was waaaay too strong for me. I still love the scent, though- it's so distinctive. I love when I'm walking through a crowd and I catch a whiff of it. Delicious! Be sure to sample it on YOUR SKIN before you buy it, though.

Popular Fragrances