Thierry Mugler Angel

Filtered by skin type : Normal age: 18 & Under
Thierry Mugler  Angel

3.2

on 12/31/2014 2:20:00 PM

I have only tried Angel once and that was enough. I have heard and read a lot about it and that if I didn't like Alien I would like this; and I didn't like Alien. I sprayed it on and immediately recognized it. I have smelled it a lot and didn't recognize it as a perfume but assumed it was fabric softener/perfume mating that produced a monster offspring, a rub for strained muscles, some weird herbal alcoholic beverage someone had spilled, a cleaning solution, a man who ran out one can of AXE and finished his spray down with a different AXE smell. . . . I tried one tiny spray on the back of my hand. By the time I got out of the store the smell had grown so big I was embarrassed. Other than patchouli I couldn't tell you the notes. It seemed very medicinal in an unpleasant way--a nausea inducing potion, too--and all I could focus on was getting it off me. I tried to wash it of in a filling station bathroom but that didn't affect it. Then I got home and used hand soap. Then I used dish soap. Then both again. I could still smell it for hours although not as strong. I can say I tried it now, at least, and I know what that strange smell I encounter everywhere is now. I won't try it again much less buy it. I recommend it for those occasions you don't want people too close and hermits.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I absolutely love this scent.

Although I can understand how there are so many bad reviews - this really isn't a scent you need to use too much of - ONE small spray, please. I honestly think that some people dislike Angel because some idiot has probably sprayed almost the entire bottle over her clothes. No. Just no. Please, if you want to wear Angel, then do it justice and use very sparingly.
Anyway. Rant over.

Regarding the scent itself, I use the Eau de Parfum and have been obsessed with it ever since I first tried it.

This perfume is incredibly popular in Spain - whenever I go over to visit relatives I recognise this on so many girls in the street. It just smells gorgeous in summer - as I'm writing this I can picture Seville in the really hot months - and this scent conjures up loud, buzzing nights. This is a very mediterranean perfume - we tend to like the stronger scents, that leave a bit of a trail. I would say this is very unmistakeable, and an absolute masterpiece.

The overall composition is sweet. Yes, it is a gourmand, but not one that I find too sickly or offensive. You will not actually smell like a dessert while wearing this, despite all of the rich, almost edible notes - it's too complex to come across as a chocolate pudding/sugarbomb attack on the nose, because of the patchouli that serves as a base. I definitely get a strong, immediate hit of honey, red fruits, cotton candy and dark, dark chocolate - which I am slightly obsessed by.

I always feel great while wearing this. It's so warming and exotic. And yes, you may have
heard, men adore this scent. It really is an aphrodisiac. A kind of smell that you want to snuggle up to or savour - I always find myself sniffing my wrist because I'm craving more of its sensual, heady goodness. But it has to be on the right skin and body chemistry. If Angel doesn't suit you, then you'll probably know about it very quickly from other people's reactions, which could put some people off and explain the bad reviews. But please, I repeat, don't give Angel a bad name by wearing it if it doesn't suit you. That's just encouraging any bad rep for such a wonderful product.

So, if you're feeling like you want to try Angel, ease into it with just a single spray and you might be surprised. It really is like nothing I have ever smelt before or since. My firm favourite - the good news is it's quite economical despite it being more expensive than a lot of other perfumes. It's definitely an investment buy. This is because you need such a tiny amount due to the incredible sillage and longevity. I can spray this once onto my wrist, dab it onto the other one, rub my wrists behind my ears and on my neck, then I'm good to go - and, unbelievably, I can still smell it the next day. All day. So, if you like the smell, this is good news. If you don't, then it could be a bitch to scrub off in the shower. While I'm wearing it I tend to feel like it's quite a confident, sexy, rich, deep and complex scent - not the typical watered-down fruity crap that so many unfortunately misguided girls wear now. No, this is proper perfume - a classic scent.

I also adore the most recent campaign for this with Eva Mendes. She really suits the vibe of the perfume and just embodies its confident, strong but also really feminine and classic appeal. I would definitely picture somebody like her wearing this scent. I don't know why but I really feel this suits Hispanic women (probably because it reminds me of the thousands of girls who wear this in Spain). It just conjures up dark hair, tans and summertime.

The bottle is also great - very pretty on my dresser, I have the little blue star and I love the fact that the juice is coloured. Everything about this product, from the scent to the marketing is stylish and luxurious.

Try it, and if it doesn't work for you, then leave it alone. But if it does, then you'll be very lucky to enjoy such a gorgeous, unique smell.

on 10/26/2012 1:57:00 AM

This perfume is very much a hit or miss with most people..at first spritz it's a very strong, overpowering smell. However, once the top notes fade out, it becomes a sweet, spicy scent that you could only smell in close range. I guess it really does depend on body chemistry and how it reacts with your skin/body heat. It definitely is a very dark, sultry fragrance..just make sure not to over-dose!

on 7/9/2010 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This STINKS! BADLY! Every single person that I've asked about the smell of this perfume told me they hate it! It's definately cloying and the drydown isn't any better than the inital spray. I'd be ashamed of wearing this. One of my friends even said it stank like baby powder and diapers!

So I own this perfume, but as a gift, and I have to say that I wish I'd warned the person who gave this to me before they bought me a perfume, because I absolutely hate this perfume on me. I really wanted to love it, but honestly on me, it smells like a dying rat. Or like someone has retched on my arm (this has never happened btw, pure speculation). So I really recommend trying before buying because I'm an example of the skin that it does not suit!

I got a sample of this perfume, I saw the bottle and thought it looked so nice. Unfortunately, putting the perfume on, I wanted to get away from the smell so bad but I couldn't, because it was on me.. It smelled disgusting. I changed my clothes as soon as I got home and tried to scrub my neck to get it off. Sounds so melodramatic haha, but I actually couldn't stand the smell. Worst part was that no matter how much I scrubbed, I couldn't get the smell off. Screw you Naomi Watts. So I guess if you like this perfume, that'd be a pro, it stays on forever.

on 7/12/2008 6:41:00 PM

Can people limit the amount of times they complain about the longevity of a fragrances actual smell ? Your nose eventually acclimatises itself to the smell and doesn't really notice it that much unless it is seriously headache inducing . . . think about when you go to a stranger's home and it has a noticible different smell - not bad just different - but after a while your nose just adjusts until you don't notice it any more. The same thing happens with a scent. Ask a colleague/family member if they can still smell you, they probably can !

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The best scent in the world.

on 5/1/2006 10:41:00 PM

They say you either love it or hate it right? I hate it! I cannot stand it.. The lasting power is good however because I couldnt get rid of it! Too strong for my liking, smells like Potpurri to me. Bleh.

LOVE it! though strong...very strong its by far the most complimented perfume that i have..i have angel innocnce which is less vanilla. This fragrance is very expensive but to have a "signature smell" then this is it! the packaging isnt gr8. the top kept falling off my my bottle

Popular Fragrances