Thierry Mugler Angel

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Thierry Mugler  Angel

3.1

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I had never heard of this perfume, but I got a sample of it in one of my subscription boxes years ago. Since then I have been infatuated with it! It's think it's one of those perfumes that you either love or you hate. I love it! It's a very specific scent and it's very potent. You really only need one or two sprays and this perfume will last you the whole day! I have gotten so many compliments when I'm wearing it. It is a bit expensive, but I honestly think it's worth it. This is a scent that can't be duplicated and it stands the test of time.

on 1/15/2017 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Angel in all its glory works wonders on my sisters skin. Her chemistry and Angel are a match made in heaven. And because of that, I can experience its unique and addicting profile. Her skin turns Angel into the gooey, caramel and dark chocolate heaven it's meant to be. It's quite delicious.

Angel always reminds me of a stripper perfume. No negative connotations intended. I imagine a stripper/dancer wearing this to work. Knowing she's fierce, beautiful and confident. It's so sticky and heavy but free spirited and hot.

A girl who wears and rocks Angel is not one to be messed with. I imagine only the most radical girls wearing this fragrance to death. And I am so jealous if this works on your skin. Angel is a delicious masterpiece.

on 12/22/2016 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Really didn't appreciate the fragrance this had at all I found so strong and just odd in it's smell. I think where fragrance is concerned the beauty of it is in the ye of the beholder, some people love this I find a lot of strange smelling fragrances are well loved by a lot of other people but this one didn't do it for me.

Intoxicatingly, wonderfully weird. After 24 years, Angel has inspired hundreds of other fragrances--yet it's still in a class by itself. If I had to pick a signature perfume at this point in my life, Angel would be it: fearless, confident, original, beautiful teetering on the edge of ugly (which only makes it more beautiful).

Angel smells like candied, mentholated armpits and potting soil-- yet somehow it all comes together to make heaven. That's the magic and the genius of Angel. It makes me deliriously happy to wear it. But I understand why some hate it and probably don't appreciate my sillage trail. This is not a fragrance for the shy.

Several FYIs:

1) By comparison to scents like Fantasy, La Vie Est Belle, and Pink Sugar, Angel is NOT sweet. Don't blind buy it if you're expecting an uncomplicated gourmand scent. Angel pioneered the use of foody dessert notes, and is frequently described as the mother of gourmand scents. However, it has an enormous amount of patchouli in it and to my nose, the patchouli and herbal notes dominate over the sweet ones.

2) The blue juice for which Angel is famous is unfortunately quite prone to oxidation. This is why the juice tends to turn gray, green, or yellow-brown (in that order) over time. Please don't let that scare you off from buying a used bottle off eBay or from using a discolored bottle you own. The fragrance itself is NOT affected by this process (although if the juice is actually a dark brown, the product is pretty old).

3) The Instyle fake version sold at Walgreens is a pretty good dupe though lacking the complexity of the original. It's still quite yummy and maybe more appropriate for summer/workplace use.

on 9/1/2016 8:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this fragrance and have loved it from the beginning! Having always loved what they call "oriental" type fragrances like Opium, Shalimar, and the original Estee Lauder Cinnabar, this was quite a departure for me. I virtually wear no other fragrances, and I have gotten more compliments on it than I can begin to count!

on 7/22/2016 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Horrible perfume , smells like men's after shave . Perfume gets worse throughout the day . Gave me the worst headache !

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I actually really love the smell of Angel. It is beautiful, although not for the faint of heart. It is a bit foody and reminds me of drizzling, spicy gingerbread, but the more sophisticated version! It's deep, dark, almost incense-like,there's a chocolate note in there, and it makes me want to keep smelling it. All of these qualities describe how I like my scents. I can smell the patchouli in this. The downside: a. it's expensive, although they have the refill bottles and b. some people absolutely HATE it. My mom can't stand to even be around the smell. It is definitely not for the office, and it is seriously one of the most powerful perfumes. A little bit goes a very long way, and I like to be mindful of choosing when to use it. This is why I ranked it 4 lippies out of 5. That being said, I have gotten compliments. I suppose it is a love/hate thing. I've been told it smells very sexy. I'd describe it that way too. Sexy, bold, unique.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

i have this product and i love it . all you need is a little it stays with you until you wash it off.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I will keep buying this until I'm sadly no longer here I just love it and it will always be a reminder of some of my best memories, one smell of this and I'm transported love love love love it 😊😍💖💋💙

on 2/21/2015 5:31:00 PM

I am wearing this tonight, a romantic and snowy winter evening while I make a lobster bisque. People have gotten this perfume all wrong by wearing it out to various inappropriate public places, such as offices, church, stores and restaurants. No, no, no. We all know there are wonderful things you can experience in the privacy of your home that would be disgusting anywhere else. Hence the negative reviews.This is meant for romantic winter evenings only and it is sublime. Not just sublime, indispensable. Don't be afraid of the price, it will pay for itself.

Popular Fragrances