Thierry Mugler Angel Eau de Parfum

Filtered by skin type : Other age: 25-29
Thierry Mugler  Angel Eau de Parfum

3.5

Angel is very strong and one of those perfumes that literally smells different on everyone. I walked by a woman the other day in DSW and noticed how amazing she smelled. I was going to ask her what perfume she was wearing, and then realized it was Angel.
Also, I think a little goes a long way. Too much of this perfume is really too much.

on 10/21/2012 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Since it's Release in 1992 Angel has been Revered Repeled Idolised Scroutinized Critizised for it's Synthtic Aesthetics
Angel Has to be the most Misunderstood Heroine of Perfumery, Is this all Doom and Gloom for Angel?' Perhaps
But Mr Mugler Doesn't go by Convention and Angel is his Dopelganger, A Perfume for People who think outside
the Box, The Notes of Angel is Beyond Complex It's more i can say an Epic Like the Odyssey or the Maharbharata
The Notes are like the pages of a Book that needs to be Discypher for Knowlege.
Angel opens with Patchouli adds a Brief Smoky touch A Tinge of Incense Finishes the Top, The Drydown
we get a Mixture of Pineapple and Orange In a Few Minutes Angel Turns in a Gormet Fantasy of Different
Layers Of Chocolate Dark to White Comes Steeping our Senses Like a Decadent Desert, Red Berries Adds the Juiciness of Angel, The Cotton Candy And the Pervasive note of Musk Is Like a mature version of Aqualina's
Pink Suger,
The Con is Unfortunally Angel Despite it's Complexity it's Just a Plathora Of Sweet Plastic.

Update: At first this smelled amazing and sexy on me a bit like Vicks vapo rub but I overlooked that, then someone commented that is smells like a man's perfume I really wanted this fragrance to smell good on me, Sadly after a while I noticed that it is indeed very manly and smells like Vics vapo rub maybe it's just my body chemestry, waste of money but oh well gave it to my dad... I was wondering why no one ever complimented me on my perfume lol.

on 3/16/2007 3:09:00 AM

this is a "something different" perfume for me. it's heavy and musky, but it's nice to wear once in a while. older women usually compliment me on it LOL but yeah it's a **bit** heavy. has good staying powers.

on 8/2/2006 2:43:00 PM

When I was in high school, I *hated* this scent - thought it smelled like cigars. But, as I got older, it apparently grew on me. It's still slightly heavy/strong for my taste, but I do still wear it on occasion. It is unlikely that I will buy another bottle once this one is gone. I do, however, love the men's version on my husband (though not as much as I love Lolita Lempicka on us both!).

on 5/16/2006 3:59:00 AM

blech!! blech!! i first smelled this long ago when a sales attendant gave me a sample on a strip of paper and my thought was, "ugh yuck!!"

now, fast forward to several years after: i saw a tester of angel while browsing through a huge cosmetics sale and as i'm currently on a fragrance kick, i thought, "why not give it another sniff?" i sniffed it from the bottle and didn't like it, but i sprayed it on my skin with the slight hope it'd be better.

huge mistake! i couldn't believe how anyone would like to use this [supposed] perfume -- i couldn't imagine it smelling good on anyone at all! (aren't perfumes meant to make you smell good?) and "Angel!?" that's too aspiring a name to call such a revolting scent!

i don't have any descriptions for it other than "disgusting" or "nauseating!" i'd have to give a star for its staying power though -- i couldn't wait to wash off the fragrance from my wrist upon spritzing it on, but after 2 washings with safeguard, 4 with an odor-removing hand wash, another with dishwashing liquid, about half a cupful of isopropyl alcohol, and a generous scrubbing with coffee beans, the sickening scent is still there!! yuck!! i'd rate it a negative if it were only possible.

EDIT: i think a bit of angel spritz caught onto my bag, and i could still smell it -- the smell is now horribly stuck to my memory and it's just as appalling as when i first smelled it. yuck!

on 1/27/2006 11:51:00 AM

Incredibly lovely if you have the right skin chemistry and spray with a light hand. To me after the initial spicy blast it mellows into a chocolatey aroma spiked with Vapour Rub or nasal spray - a strong menthol note. Not for everyone but if it suits you it's wonderful.

I love this fragrance. I love gourmand fragrances and this is the gourmand of all gourmands. Best when applied sparingly with a light hand, perhaps only a "walk through."
The star shaped bottle is pretty but it is a pain if you don't have that little stand for it as there is really no way to display it other than lying it down.

This smells so good on some people and not so good on others. I think it really just depends on the wearerís chemistry. On some people, it smells so sweet and ethereal, heavenly. It reminds me of cotton candy and caramel, a sweet and rare treat. However on others the patchouli comes out too strongly and its just not a pleasant smell mixed with all that sweetness. How can you tell if you can wear Angel or not? If you smell like sweetness and incessant laughter, itís good on you. Otherwise, try Angel Innocent, it has the non-patchouli qualities and is more wearable for more people.

on 9/28/2005 12:05:00 PM

I didn't like this at first; I like it now. Something about it is compelling and luscious. If you only like bright, "clean" scents, this would not be for you. I am a fan of Angel Innocent, too. In fact, I wear Innocent with a tiny smidge of Angel dabbed on and it's delicious. Love it! I realize that it's something that might not be pleasing to other people though. I try to be careful when/where I indulge in this wonderful scent.