Thierry Mugler Angel

Thierry Mugler  Angel

3.2

on 6/29/2018 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I never purchased this but have used it. I find the scent sickening. To make things worse, it lasts forever, even a little after bathing. It has pretty strong sillage, too. All this would be great if I liked the scent. Maybe, it is the patchouli that I find so offensive although I can tolerate patchouli in moderation. Everyone has different tastes in fragrances and many like this, apparently. My one try of Alien was much more favorable.

I couldn't rate this bad just because it didn't work on me because it is an important perfume. On me on the opening it was Ok at first because it was just the patchouli note. But then it got terrible as it was drying down. It smelt like rubber on me I couldn't believe it but it did. Strange because I have the 06 or 08 extrait and I love that. Its a patchouli, chocolate, vanilla, caramel mixed in are some floral and it smells amazing.

So I will keep the extrait and will either sell or swap my 1.7 ounce bottle of this because sadly it just doesn't work on me. I could not write a oh this smells so bad and just bash it because that's not cool. I see it on other sites and I don't like it. If you dislike something there's a way to say it. Anyway sillage and longevity are excellent with this. I think the dry down is amazing but I wonder if it smells the way I do to other people and I just don't want to take that risk to find out.

All in all this is a pioneer in the gourmand world of fragrance, without Angel who knows what that catagory would be like. So I'm super glad this is around and if you can't wear Angel like me try Muse its amazing chocolate heaven with vetiver it truly is an excellent choice.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Not for the faint of heart. I guess my love of this is due to my association of being in Santorini and Dublin on my honeymoon so perhaps I’m biased. But if you love a spicy and bold vibe, this is your jam. I love the intensity when I first apply it as well as the lingering scent the next day. My other go-to’s are Chanel coco mademoiselle (more so in the winter) Burberry Brit and Clean Smoked Vetiver.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm really on the fence with this one. So many strong, often contradicting notes. And when I say strong, this is Burberry level, fill-the room strong. I initially tried this when ten or so samples popped up in my magazines, and even with it's weirdness I find it alluring. Hard to stop coming back to, but not something to pick up without testing first.

The good: The samples came in a very unique cardboard spray package, and while I prefer the tall thin bottle to the star shaped packaging, it is refillable, and for that it gets 5 stars on packaging. The scent itself has some very strong notes, with patchouli, bergamot and sandalwood battling it out only to mellow into the gourmand and fruity side of things. There's a lot going on in this, but I love bergamot and nothing I own is quite like this.

The bad: This is too strong to wear around lots of people, I prefer it in cooler weather, this is definitely not a daily scent for me but something I reach for when I want drama.

The ugly: I've never worn another fragrance that is quite as polarizing. People either really love or really hate this.

on 1/18/2018 1:02:00 PM

It is way too strong for me. I got it as a present if I wear it people start to cough. Don't get it.

on 11/22/2017 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Uhg, my Mom loves this stuff. I'm not familiar with scent notes, but this stuff is STRONG and not in a nice way. Really not a fan.

on 11/22/2017 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

ORIGINAL 1 STAR REVIEW
I'm an infamous mediator. I see both sides to everything, so this highly polarizing fragrance drew too much curiousity to pass up! Surely people were exaggerating, and it's not something you either LOVE or you HATE? The top selling fragrance in the world, surely the haters were just rebelling against the popularity of an otherwise decent perfume?

I braced myself, applied one spritz, and was hit with a strong bug spray, Christmas tree, and soap smell. I perserved. An hour in, the patchouli settles down and the honey, foody notes start peeking through. It stays like this till end on me. While people complain that this smells ''dirty'' to me it smells clean. Far too clean.

At no point did I feel angelic or beautiful. If anything, it is as if I was a very naughty girl who was punished for eating too many sweets by having my mouth washed out with soap. The soap with the bare trace of the sweets is exactly how this smells. Any temptation that the gourmand might provoke is dashed with the soapy notes, and not in a sexy teasing way, a very WRONG way. Like this is something that will kill you if you eat it. I absolutely agree with another reviewer that said that the combination of edible + inedible is nauseating. And not in the rude way, the actual stomach-turning way.

So there you have it. I wanted to like this or at the very least see the good and bad equally, but this is just... bad. I genuinely wish I could smell the beautiful sweet notes that everyone who loves it professes to smell. Oh well! I'm convinced that most people who love it had to acquire the taste. Considering I don't believe I've smelled this on anyone before in my life, at least rest assured that you will smell unique.

EDIT: Okay, so I tried this again, making sure to diffuse the fragrance over a large area of the body instead of concentrating a spray. Definitely feeling more sweet notes, a general softer feel to it, no pine tree, no bug spray. This is a spray-once-and-walk-through-naked fragrance. Gave it an extra lippie because I can KIND OF see the appeal now.

EDIT2: Gosh, I keep improving the score. Definitely don't spray this concentrated on your wrists or elbows and sniff yourself to judge the fragrance. Be brave on a day in and spread a small spray over your forearms. Notice the sillage instead of sniffing up close. Definitely have a more balanced opinion now! Mature, chocolatey, vanilla-y yummyness. Still not a fan of the patch but it doesn't feature as heavily when thinly applied.

EDIT3: Idk what happened, the stinkbomb made me love it! At any rate it's perfect for Christmas. I actually wore it outside today after a snowstorm and it was perfect. I just made sure to put it on an hour before.

The scent reminds me of getting a hug from my rich aunt (I believe she wore original Shalimar) while at a birthday party full of sweets and good times. The patch features, but balances out the sweet notes with spiciness/smoke/cleanliness after one hour of sparse skin wear.

Angel is a dominatrix. She will beat you, assault you, and just when you've given up, AND NOT A MOMENT SOONER, she will show you the glory of God. Vera Wang Princess is the soft, kind, unoffensive version of Angel. But Queen Angel has her place when you need to show your authority and strength. Respect her majesty, apply carefully and only in appropriate situations where you need the strength, and you will be rewarded with amazing comfort while you Take Control of Shit.

Sometimes, you need to smell like a rich white lady with questionable, but expensive taste, in order to feel in control and taken seriously.

on 11/10/2017 8:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I've never used this perfume but my mum and sister does. The smell is a very sweet and strong (like very strong). I would def not purchase this, it makes people around you dizzy because of how strong the scent is. would never recommend anyone to buy this

A good fragrance, spray it one time and you're good to go. Don't do it more than once or it's too much. I see why Angel exists for many years now. Pro: - fragrances is awesome - beautiful bottle - stays for hours (extreme concentrated) Neutral: - price Con: - you get not much for that price

Smells too strong. This fragrance is strong for summer time. İ used it in winter time.. İ was in public elevator (lift) a man who i dont know, asked me what is this smell on me. He said "please, i will buy a gift this parfum to my girlfriend :)))) so i thought, this fragrance effects other people im good way:)

Popular Fragrances