Thierry Mugler Angel

Thierry Mugler  Angel

3.2

on 2/26/2016 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Favorite fragrance. Hands down. Pricey but only use it for special occasions.

on 5/12/2014 9:35:00 PM

I've heard about this scent for so lonxg and every time i smelled it at sephora i just couldn't believe anyone would buy this. It just smelled terrible! So strong and (forgive me) "old lady ish". Just terrible. Fast forward a few years, my teacher wears this and she always smelled so good. I didn't realize it was this until I dared myself to sniff it again at ulta one day and it smelled like her! And all of a sudden, i can't get enough of this. Now I smell the patchouli. Now I smell the chocolate....and holy crap, it's incredible. I cannot get enough of it! I bought the EDT and love it but wanted to also try the EDP which I love even more. The first few minutes you spray this on it smells wayyyyyyy strong but give it 5 minutes and it will be so worth it.

on 5/4/2014 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The first time a sales lady sprayed my wrist with Angel I almost gagged. "how can this be one of the most popular fragrances in the world?! It smells like a dumpster swarming with roaches" I said to my husband. I nearly gagged, but resisted the urge to wash it off. We came home and after 7 hours or wearing it I smelled this delicious mix of patchouli and vanilla and berries and everything that's delicious in this world. Fast forward a few months later, I decided to give it another go, on paper. And I held that paper for a good hour. Smelled it every 5 minutes and I could not get enough of it! I still didn't hasten to buy it. Did the tango for a month and I finally decided to buy it. I'm in love. PS. The packaging of the refillable 50ml star bottle I found ridiculously cheap. The plastic/metallic like cover is so flimsy. Seeing that I paid 140$ for this bottle the expect the packaging to be top notch. And it isn't.

Haven't been on makeupalley in forever but wanted to give this a great review!! I get a burst of citrusy chocolately freshness that is very unique every time I apply. I am going to order another angel because mine is getting low! I recommend to all of my friends and they are always complimenting me!

One of my favorite fragrances. It lasts and lasts.
I love patchouli and chocolat so this is pure heaven in a bottle for me. It's pricey but you don't need much.

on 10/21/2012 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I've been using angel for sometime now and I used to despise it. It really is a love or hate it perfume depending on ones body chemistry. An old coworker of mine used to wear this and I hated it on her. I never wanted to try it because of that. When I bought a refill of womanity, which I LOVE, the SA gave me a sample of this to try and I have had a love affair with this one ever since! Thierry Mugler's perfume line is very unique, but they are all at least worth trying. They are very high quality fragrances and totally worth the investment!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I received this for my birthday from my man...it's his favorite perfume, other than Dolce and Gabana's Light Blue which he's already gifted me and which is completely different.

If you don't like baby powder, you'll hate this. I have a baby who's still in diapers so I kind of love the smell of baby everything. If you think "young" scents=fruity, this is not for you.

Also, you MUST wait for this to settle on your skin (as you should with every perfume you try)...the initial spray of this is not it's true scent. It's extremely strong at first and not what it ends up smelling like after it sets. I can understand how people are overwhelmed by it at first.

I dislike "old lady" scents and most musks...I consider Red Door an old lady scent, to give you an idea of my opinion of old lady...and I could see how this could evolve to smell that way on some people.

This perfume is amazing with my body/skin's chemistry and fades into the softest, gentle, sultry, velvety, silky, sexiest scent I've ever worn. So rich but somehow still light and airy, feminine and girly, not at all too mature for me (in my 20's). I feel like Angel is a perfect name for the way this smells on me after a couple of hours...it's just such a romantic, lovely, through and through female, angelic scent. It smells like it's price, too...expensive lol.

I guess the people who say it smells like chemicals or bug spray have a totally different body chemistry, b/c this smells nothing like raid on my skin.

It's nice to finally have a staple perfume that smells young on me that doesn't smell like a cheap fruity drug store body spray (also why I love dior light blue...that's more of a summer scent, though).

A little goes a long way...so if you're a multi-sprayer, you're probably going to suffocate yourself and others around you. It's best to spray this at least a half hour before you go out so it has time to melt in.

on 7/24/2012 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This meshes SO well with my body chemistry... it lasts a good 10-12 hours on me. I have about 15 or so bottles of various perfumes and I think this is going to end up being my signature scent... makes me feel sexy and pretty when I wear it. In a bad girl kind of way lol. It just has that "smell" to it. My 81 year old, very stylish and hip grandmother wears this, and she knows what's up. Love, love, love it. I would repurchase if I ever run out (one spray does it for me, this is definitely NOT a perfume you want to bathe in!).

on 7/23/2012 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is my favorite night time, winter, and fall perfume.
That being said I feel that this is too strong to wear during the day (but the body lotion is appropriate strength for day) and the people who liberally douse themselves with this daily are the ones that have me escaping the elevator.
This is one of 2 perfumes I have found in my 26 years that actually lasts and lasts on my skin; it is the only perfume I have ever had that I can spray on at 4pm the day before and still smell on me when I wake up the next morning.

What more can be said about Angel? It's strong, sweet and distinct. I love it and get lots of compliments.

But It is frustrating to pay $100 for a bottle to smell like everyone else...
And my mother asks me not to wear it around her!

Popular Fragrances