Thierry Mugler Angel

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
Thierry Mugler  Angel

2.9

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

as i grow older my senses have been leaning towards feminine and womanly smells rather than the candy and sweet smells i use to enjoy as a young girl. my all time favourite is chanel no.5 and this is up there with it. I first tried this fragrance at turkey in istanbul. initially when i first sprayed it on the smell wasnt that great but within half an hour it smelt amazing. now when i wear it i remember turkey and my aunty in istanbul wore this perfume so many times in her life that her skin induced it in. If you are someone who wears perfumes for memories then make angel the perfume that you will never forget. angel has scarred my sensory system that it is inevitible to forget. thank you thierry mugler for an enjoyable and pleasant experience.

on 2/19/2013 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

I was looking for a new perfume and checked this out because I'd heard some hype about it. At the Macy's counter I sprayed about half a spray onto my wrist, barely any at all. At first it smelled slightly off... almost like urine. But it only smelled that way for about a minute, and once it had settled into my skin, it was the best perfume I had ever smelled. I'm no good at describing fragrances, but overall this is a musky woodsy scent with just enough sweetness. Throughout the day I could smell it strongly, and even into the following day, just from that one spray!
As far as price goes it is expensive for the amount you get but a tiny bit goes a looong way. It's definitely worth it in my opinion.
I don't really judge perfumes by their bottles, but I'm not crazy about the star bottle, it's not really my taste.
Overall this is my new signiature scent... I can't get enough!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

LOVE this perfume! I really dislike negative reviews on perfumes, because like so many people have said, perfumes turn out differently on everyone. That's not anyone's fault, but we shouldn't hurt the perfume's poor feelings because of that. :(. Anyway, yeah I love this so much! (And alien.) I can smell the chocolate well in this when I spray it. It honestly is a bit overwhelming the first time you smell it, but if you give it a chance, it's great. I can spray this and still smell it on my wrist the next day. That's what I love most about Thierry Mugler perfumes. They really are worth the price.

Beautiful, complex scent. When worn, I never been told anything other than 'you smell amazing'. I believe that some people just cannot appreciate it, or their sense of smell is not developed enough. This does not smell like chemicals or BO at all. *scratches head*

on 11/1/2009 3:31:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I received a sample of this product but I didn't have much interest in it so I shelved it for a while. One day I saw this and thought that maybe I should try it because of the rave reviews. When I first smelled this from the sample bottle I thought it was just a regular old generic perfume. Boy was I wrong. It smelled so good after a while once it absorbed and when time past it smelled even better. It makes me want to get the full bottle but the price is a bit steep.

I really want this scent. Now I am really picky when it comes to perfumes but this one smells extraordinary. The top notes are kind of spicy with a prominent smell of coconut. Then later the top notes change character completley and turn into something sweet and cotton candy like. While this scent remains sweet it's not at all sickly in anyway at all. It smells abit like Miss Dior Cherie just much less floral and more spicy and sweeter.

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

One of the most unique scents I have. You'll love it or hate it. I adore it!

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is the most AMAZING woody oriental I've ever tried. Soft and sexy and feminine, I feel like I'm surrounded by sweet ashes of different woods, a scent I've ALWAYS been partial too. It's warm, its soft, and the staying power is very significant. This is definitely a winter HG for me. Maybe even my signature!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The best scent in the world.

on 11/23/2007 5:44:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

This is my HG or "Holy Grail" perfume. I love it because, to me, it is the most beautiful scent created. Of course, 'beautiful' is objective and there are many differing opinions as to what it is and what it looks and smells like. I imagine that Marilyn Monroe would have given up No.5 for it. Think: beautiful but also sexy, shy yet overt. It's unapologetically distinctive, and yes, it would probably be rather ill-advised to splash it all over yourself like you would a body spray just before stepping onto some mode of public transport. There is a time and a place for Angel. 2 or 3 sprays at any one time should more than suffice (it's an EDP, after all, and less is definitely more with this one). In the evening I used to practically have a routine of applying 3 just before I left my place and topping up with another 1 or 2 as the night progresses at least a couple of hours later. Note that there's something very night-creature about Angel, kind of a perfect seductress scent. It's kind of like red lipstick � perhaps too much for the day but makes an impact at night. I also adore Angel's trademark dusky blue - chosen because that blue is that of the sky when the first star appears and hence the bottle shape. In terms of the actual notes: chocolate, vanilla, caramel, berries, honey, bergamot, praline and patchouli, you may assume that this is a scent unlikely to be described as light, fresh or clean. You would be correct. It shocks many to learn that it was released in 1992, well after the 'big' scents of the 80s where it would have perhaps felt more at home, than amongst the "anorexic oceanics of the 1990s". It smells more voluptuous. Because of this (and because I'm a fragrance addict with different scents for different occasions, outfits, moods...you get it) I feel that Angel would be inappropriate for certain occasions such as dinner with the in-laws though there's no obviously animalic or indolic notes, no civet or musk or white flowers. It's kind of the opposite of Estee Lauder Pleasures or Ralph Lauren Romance - you know, just that kind of easy, breezy, any occasion, conservative middle of the road type of scent. Angel's advertising sometimes seems to try to convince us of "the memories of Thierry Mugler's childhood" that inspired this scent and "the tenderness" but the reality is this may act as a bit of a catalyst in helping Angel wearers lose their innocence. That sounded a bit weird so here's a casual wink ;). It's a man-getter, that's for sure. It feels more like femme-fatale in a bottle than childhood memories. But I will admit there is a beautiful fragility that only seems to emerge in the dry down. I'm not sure what this is, imagine that's why it's called Angel; that fragility stops it from being called something like Vixen or Boudoir (the overkill sexy scent by Vivienne Westwood). It truly kills me inside that it's so widely available and mainstream. I can only be thankful to the unrelenting stream of watered-down eau-de-forgettables invading the fragrance market that distract and capture the attentions of many an unsuspecting shopper (albeit fleetingly). Angel is the classic movie that makes a lasting impact and can be enjoyed over and over again. But it can be disheartening to discover that the movie that you believed spoke only to you is being quoted on cheap t-shirts sold online. But I think that's the sign of a good perfume - you know, like when your friend asks what scent you're wearing and you feel inclined to tell her you can't remember or something. This has only happened a few times out of the many many perfumes I own (Kai, Angel and a couple by Annick Goutal, if you must know). I am guilty of this, though it has mainly been men that have commented on this fragrance. You may even lose count of the number of men that comment, by the way. If you already are an Angel-wearer, then you'll know what I'm talking about. If a perfume ever had the ability to make a man follow you like a curious dog, this is it. Before I forget, and just in case you were born yesterday, I'll just casually mention that Angel is the 'Marmite' of the perfume world. The definition of a "love it or hate it" scent. If you love it, you *really* love it, and if you hate it, words cannot express how much. You know what? You don't choose Angel, Angel chooses you. At least it cannot be described as bland. The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about after all. I despise mediocrity and those cheap watery Victoria Secret type scents. Criticisms though of Angel include "suffocating silage" to the general vibe being "Eau De Candle-shoppe". There are references to rotting fruit, being strangely reminiscent of weedy smells and the rest is probably not all that appropo for MUA.. As for *some* reviews on here, blah blah pretentious blah. Anyway, I am a happy prisoner (oh, did I mention its time-defying lasting power?) of its deliciousness and I feel confused that others experience only unmitigated horror. I am on my 4th EDP and also have the deodorant spray, roll-on deodorant, "celestial" spray, body cream, body oil, hair mist, exfoliator, shower gel and the sunessence Angel thing which I don't like. In fact, I don't like any of the Angel spin-offs. The original is always the best.

Popular Fragrances