Thierry Mugler Angel

Thierry Mugler  Angel

3.2

on 10/13/2018 5:03:00 AM

You will either love or hate this one, there is no inbetween. To me, this is the sexiest sofistication in a bottle. It is dark, bold, sweet, musky, earthy, deeply erotic. The sillage is amazing, use VERY sparingly, otherwise it will turn into headaches. The lingering scent the next couple of days is even more intoxicating, I can't stop sniffing myself :-) But.. it is definitely not aimed at fragile, sensitive, shy, romantic types who like delicate, flowery or fresh, citrusy scents. It compliments a bold, sexy, confident, mysterious, strong woman who knows what she wants and goes for it. If you are one of them, men will go crazy around you, it is a dangerous seduction weapon :-)

on 8/8/2018 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

1992. Since then nothing else!
Its a permume that you will love it or hate it, Thats Angel and suits to a very specific type of women. Does not suit to fragile, delicate women. Its a hard scent full of vanilla, chocolate and a taste of outer space, something out of earth, a strange bitter hard scent mixed with wet soil. Thats how I can describe with words this perfume.
Its glorius to wear it and walk proud knowing that everybody can smell that you are near by. Not all men like it. The ones who love Barbies they hate it. The ones who prefer wild cats love it. Thats what my 25 years experience says.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Not for the faint of heart. I guess my love of this is due to my association of being in Santorini and Dublin on my honeymoon so perhaps I’m biased. But if you love a spicy and bold vibe, this is your jam. I love the intensity when I first apply it as well as the lingering scent the next day. My other go-to’s are Chanel coco mademoiselle (more so in the winter) Burberry Brit and Clean Smoked Vetiver.

Smells too strong. This fragrance is strong for summer time. İ used it in winter time.. İ was in public elevator (lift) a man who i dont know, asked me what is this smell on me. He said "please, i will buy a gift this parfum to my girlfriend :)))) so i thought, this fragrance effects other people im good way:)

Angel either works with your body's natural chemistry or it doesn't. Happy to say that it smells divine when I use it. People have approached me in various stores repeatedly to ask what fragrance I was wearing.

Angel is one of my staples and I love bold, exotic fragrances like Serge Lutens Chergui and Bois et Musc. These fragrances seem to work with certain people and definitely not with others. I've smelt Angel on a friend or 2 along the way and to be honest, I thought it smelt awful.

I will NEVER stop wearing this fragrance and can't get enough of it it! The hair mist and body lotion complete the scent extravaganza when out on the town!

on 6/5/2017 12:28:00 PM

I've worn this for years. I love the smell. It can be quite overpowering when first applied, but once it settles in, it gives a lovely musky, powdery smell. This works with my body chemistry better than any other perfume. There is a trick to applying this. With the spray, you have spray then walk into it. One spray only. This will give you a nice, soft fragrance that will last all day. If you do a couple sprays to your wrists and neck directly it will be too overwhelming and people around you will be pissed. I currently use the oil. One dab to my wrist then I rub other places. The oil lasts all day but tones down so not to offend people.

I got the travel spray & putting all my pennies into the coffer layering my scent instead of getting alien I ordered the hair scenting spray. :-)
---
Original review: I'm sitting in the car waiting for my dad to get either the hair spray scent version or the travel spray at Macy's currently. I had the big blue star from cvs but it was a little musty I think it must've been sitting there an awful long while. I don't know if our cvs even has much in the way of designer perfumes anymore I never go in there but Kroger would make a killing w an endcap of little paris Hilton & Britney Spears our old Kroger had perfume! I got a dupe of this; lost it promptly (I have quite the dupe collex! More duped than real) so I reordered my dupe oil & I got it today & im like wth this smells so good! I didn't wear it in the 90s so here I am rebuying it in the authentic form after realizing I hadn't given her a proper chance w my cvs bottle that was real. This reeks of stripper heaven I must say I'm fascinated & oh my friend liked this i respect that individual very much. I wear it loud & proud. My dentist office even asked me not to wear perfume there. F that this is equal air opportunity (it was chanel Coco I believe that day! F#%&!) I just sneezed & now I can clearly smell my angel dupe all over the car. My poor daddy having to endure it my mom hates perfumes she says they "ALL smell like 'dirt'" her words exactly & my dad likes his polo green but I ordered him some super dupes for his bday so I'm hoping to change that. My mom says I should spend all of my money on "ONE 'good' perfume" rather than 20 dupes for which I've got a few real ones: chanel, Dior addict, GA Si, &.....3 shelves of Victoria's Secret & B&BW fare, my holder w all of my fakes in my bathroom & a few scattered about the house & then well there's my obsession w cheap musks (Jovan, bonne Bell, Coty, body fantasy, oils...) & celeb renditions of perfumes from Katy Perry to paris Hilton to Jessica Simpson so why yes my mother I am buying one really good fragrance ANGEL & next pay day ALIEN. I'll wear my angel without regrets coz life's just to f short. I bid you Tschuess & thanks for reading my rant! Ps: I ended up with the travel spray as they were OOS on the hair scent. This smells like xmas in Wien Weihnachtenmarkt fresh pines, spice cake, wassail punch... I've never been to Austria but I will someday #bucketlist
---
Til;dr #winning #downtowntriplecrown

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I had never heard of this perfume, but I got a sample of it in one of my subscription boxes years ago. Since then I have been infatuated with it! It's think it's one of those perfumes that you either love or you hate. I love it! It's a very specific scent and it's very potent. You really only need one or two sprays and this perfume will last you the whole day! I have gotten so many compliments when I'm wearing it. It is a bit expensive, but I honestly think it's worth it. This is a scent that can't be duplicated and it stands the test of time.

on 12/3/2016 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

At first I was surprised about the low rating here, but then I realise that most reviews are either 1/5-2/5 or 5/5 - it seems it's pretty much impossible to be indifferent about this scent.

I got this as a sample (the EdP version) a year or so back, spritzed it at the inside of my wrist and pretty much recoiled. I remember wondering what the heck this perfume even was, and washing it off right away. That was probably my mistake - to me, this perfume definitely needs some time to mellow down on the skin, but once it has, it's stunning. It was when I was researching cruelty free perfumes that I stumbled across the name, and I figured out why the name was so familiar when I found the sample in my makeup drawer. I gave it a second chance, and fell head over heels for it this time around.

I'm pretty sure there's no other perfume that even comes close to this. I understand that not everyone will like it, but I've grown to love it. I've always been fond of sweet and floral scents before, but lately I've gotten tired of the headache-inducing floral bombs, so a perfume without any floral notes at all sounded particularly interesting. It's such a complex scent, big and bold, balanced yet full of contradictions and surprises. It is, by far, the sexiest scent that I've tried, and not for those who want something discreet.

I mentioned above that I found this while searching for a CF perfume. Turns out finding one wasn't the easiest thing. I've seen one or two sites stating that Mugler tests where required by law, but I also found the brand to be mentioned as an example of CF perfume enough times to at least feel comfortable that the brand has been known for being CF at some point - hopefully that still holds true. On their website they claim to only test on humans, but I haven't been able to find whether or not they're on the Chinese market. Before repurchasing, which I intend to do if I get confirmation of their CF status, I will get in touch with them regarding their presence (or hopefully lack thereof) on the Chinese market.

+ Such a unique perfume
+ A little goes a long way (can easily get overwhelming if you overdo it)
+ Lasts well throughout the day
+ Pretty bottle
+ Good nozzle on the bottle, creates a pretty fine mist which is certainly preferable with a perfume with such a big presence
+ Available in refillable bottles, which is great both environmentally, and for your wallet (though sadly I haven't found a retailer that deals with the refillable ones here in Sweden)

- The price isn't completely unreasonable for such a gourmand perfume, but it still stings a bit..

on 11/16/2016 3:35:00 PM

Angel is one of the most recognisable perfumes in existence (or so I thought!) I've moved tables, lit cigarettes and once even left a pub to avoid it. I have never, ever allowed it to come into contact with any part of me! Then this summer I got a lift to an evening event with a colleague. She smelt AMAZING. What is your perfume? I cried. I have never smelt this wondrous fragrance! She told me it was Angel, and I began to wonder. Then I was in the vicinity of a chap wearing Amen and found it delicious, and I wondered some more. Then I couldn't sleep and ended up buying decants of both Angel and Amen to try. I wore Amen first, and liked it very much indeed. I had a tentative spray of Angel and was wary - a bit, erm, urine-y to begin with. But the dry down...I wanted to eat my own arm. The next day I didn't pussyfoot around and went for three sprays (I like BIG fragrances, Boudoir, Opium, Black Orchid, Mitsouko, etc, but never apply more than three sprays). OH MY GODDDDDDDD HOW HAVE I NOT BEING WEARING THIS SINCE 1992?!?! Perhaps if I had been I wouldn't be divorced, because it would have lured my perfect man from wherever he's hiding and I'd have married him instead. I love it. This is what the madam in the Crimson Petal and the White would wear, it kind of smells like forbidden love in a Victorian drawing room. Full size bottle next pay day.

Popular Fragrances