Thierry Mugler Angel

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
Thierry Mugler  Angel

2.9

on 12/31/2014 2:20:00 PM

I have only tried Angel once and that was enough. I have heard and read a lot about it and that if I didn't like Alien I would like this; and I didn't like Alien. I sprayed it on and immediately recognized it. I have smelled it a lot and didn't recognize it as a perfume but assumed it was fabric softener/perfume mating that produced a monster offspring, a rub for strained muscles, some weird herbal alcoholic beverage someone had spilled, a cleaning solution, a man who ran out one can of AXE and finished his spray down with a different AXE smell. . . . I tried one tiny spray on the back of my hand. By the time I got out of the store the smell had grown so big I was embarrassed. Other than patchouli I couldn't tell you the notes. It seemed very medicinal in an unpleasant way--a nausea inducing potion, too--and all I could focus on was getting it off me. I tried to wash it of in a filling station bathroom but that didn't affect it. Then I got home and used hand soap. Then I used dish soap. Then both again. I could still smell it for hours although not as strong. I can say I tried it now, at least, and I know what that strange smell I encounter everywhere is now. I won't try it again much less buy it. I recommend it for those occasions you don't want people too close and hermits.

on 1/14/2013 4:17:00 PM

I don't own this perfume, and I'm glad I don't. All I smell is grass and milk, unfortunatly. :/

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I never bought this perfume before, but I recognized the packaging and name when I was in a department store (I think it was The Bay). I sprayed it once on my jacket thinking it was going to smell nice. The first thing I thought of was "Damn, this smells TOO strong and it smells like old lady". I was hoping the scent would disappear quickly since I hated it, but it stayed on the entire day. There's a plus for someone who wants to purchase this perfume.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

UGH!! Awful! Angel just smells overwhelmingly musky and spicy to me; I can't even discern any chocolate/berry notes. It's so strong, concentrated, and long-lasting. This perfume is definitely not for those who like to smell good.

*Side note* I like the packaging, though. An adorable bottle to have on your dresser.

A few years ago, there was a girl in one of my classes who constantly smelled like a mixture of ice cream and marijuana. I guessed that she probably ate a carton of Ben & Jerry's every morning while simultaneously smoking a blunt, because I had never smelled anything so confusing and nauseating before.

Fast forward to my 17th birthday. I received a bottle of Angel perfume, took one whiff, and immediately realized I was wrong.

The girl was wearing Angel.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

After one of my friends said that he loved this perfume on a woman, I wanted to try it SO badly... to the point where I almost bought it online without smelling in it the store. I couldn't find it ANYWHERE, and when I finally saw it at Shoppers... I practically ran to the adorable, heart-shaped bottle.

It smells... horrible. I hate the scent - I think it smells like cologne (and a really bad one) and gives me a headache. Almost, it's very strong and potent, so when I sprayed it on, I smelled it everywhere I went.

The only think I like is the packaging, but unfortunately, there's where it ends. I hate this perfume (sorry to anyone who does like it) and am glad I never bought it.

This fragrance is absolutely awful. Having a very extensive perfume collection, I can compare this to many other scents, and Angel is overpowering for the nose and for your natural scent. It is not fresh, or appealing, but rather cheap smelling and rancid. The whole "food molecule" concept (Angel is apparently the first fragrance without floral notes) makes this perfume sickly and sweet. I get the impression that it contains no water at all.
I would never buy this product again, it is honestly the worst perfume i have, I have never even worn it once out of my house. I simply couldn't allow myself to leave with this on.
You can immediately tell when someone has this scent, it seems that no matter how little you use, it will stick to you and STAY for ever, which is good if you like the smell i guess :)

on 8/11/2010 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I HATE this. It smells like men's cologne, burnt something-or-other, and spicy chocolate (but not the good kind). It lasts awhile but I STINK! I will never, ever buy this. It smells atrocious.

on 7/9/2010 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This STINKS! BADLY! Every single person that I've asked about the smell of this perfume told me they hate it! It's definately cloying and the drydown isn't any better than the inital spray. I'd be ashamed of wearing this. One of my friends even said it stank like baby powder and diapers!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I thought Angel was one of those scents which would smell positively of real chocolate but instead it smelt too oriental and much too oldish, something not even my grandmother would wear, unfortunately. I could barely detect any chocolate nor vanilla notes, all these supposed notes were hidden under some spice. Totally disappointed with this one, although the bottle is really pretty.

Popular Fragrances