Thierry Mugler Angel Eau de Parfum

Thierry Mugler  Angel Eau de Parfum

3.1

on 4/7/2003 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Angel doesn't smell at all of chocolate, hazelnuts or patchouli to me. Rather, it smells of overripe oranges, clove and cumin. I say that in all seriousness, and not as an exaggerated way of saying I think it stinks (which I do). I must not have the chemical receptors one needs for smelling th notes that the creators intended this fragrance to impart. Needless to day, I don't enjoy Angel at all.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love Angel. Everywhere I go, people actually ask me what I am wearing and the girls ask if it's Angel. I will never go back to another. And I love how I can go to Dillard's and just get my star refilled with perfume and NOT buy another one!

on 7/13/2003 2:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I really tried to give this a fair chance, but I just can't take this scent. Another case of overhyped and overpriced. I got my sample and I sat through the torture of the initial "shock" of Angel in hopes of discovering the warm honey/chocolate dry down. Well I'm here to tell you it's all a lie! Conspiracy I tell you! Gack, cough, cough! First of all, it took more than 20 minutes to get rid of that barf inducing first blast of bitter evil patchouli monster throwing rotting fruit to settle down. After an hour, I stopped coughing and I found it began to calm down into something fairly normal. I still couldn't detect any sensual chocolate or honey notes.....just a vaguely pleasant slightly calmer patchouli note and yes still cloyingly sweet fruit. If you are looking for chocolate.......head to Creative Scentualizations or Serendipity 3. If you must have honey....well Perlier has always been the expert on that. Angel won't help you either way. For those who must wear this......please be kind (like so many others have stated) and use just one drop.....that's all that is safe for environmental standards. Also, don't leave the house for at least an hour after application. And please don't wear this in the summer. Yes, Angel is the foot fetish of perfumes. Most people think it stinks and would rather barf than come near it......others, well, have an unexplainable attraction. UPDATE: the more I smell this, the more I hate it. yumi1 has a good point. This scent brings up an image of some pothead covering up the "evidence." Yuck. Apparently care was taken to find the most strong worst possible patchouli know to man to put in this fragrance. Not to mention every nasty molding rotting sticky fruit. Chocolate and honey? It WISHES it smelled like that! It's so bad, I actually consider myself lucky to live in an area where people smell mostly of monoi, tanning lotion. And that's saying something. A pretty bottle filled with a flatulent venom. If that makes sense.

on 12/16/2003 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

After reading everyone's reviews I decided to try it at the store. I am so glad I did not buy it before trying it. Not only did it completely gross me out but it would not come off my arm. I washed my arm 5 times and went over it with antibacterial alcohol wipes and I could STILL smell it! I really wanted to like it since I'm always searching for the "perfect" perfume, but no luck this time I guess!

on 1/17/2004 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

At first sniff I HATED this stuff. It smelled like black licorice and smoke. I even returned a big bottle with all the extras that I got for my birthday. I had a few samples lying around and I tried it again a few weeks later and noticed that the fragrance changed the longer it sat on my skin. Now, I kind of like it. It's really different from any perfume I have ever worn before. It smells almost exactly like a cologne my father used to wear called "Santa Fe," which I think has been discontinued.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I cannot decide if Angel deserves the highest rating here or the lowest, so to be fair I've left it right in the middle. I have never actually purchased a bottle of the stuff, I merely spritz some on my person when I've passed by a bottle. I probably will never plunk down the (exorbitant amount of) dough for it. Why? I can't decide if I truly love the stuff and think it to be a most divine elixir that amazingly morphs me into a sexy sulty siren, or if I absolutely loathe it and find it to be as nauseating as a belly full of food posioning.
It has had both these effects on me within the span of 5 minutes!
To me it is a fragrance of extremes - I feel very "ripe" when I wear it. I am not sure what I mean by that, but imagine every definition for the word ripe, both good and bad, and they can all be applied here. I smell the vanilla and the chocolate, but there must be patchouli in it too I am guessing, to account for the utter weirdness of this fragrance.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

yuck - pee-eww. no thanks!

on 5/1/2004 6:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Blaah! This fragrance is evil! It made me vomit!
I think lolita is a much better interpretation of similar scents that i detect in this fragrance.
Stay away from me if you are wearing this. The End.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Nope, this perfume, does NOT like me. I'm on my 3rd bottle of Coco Mlle, but in the past year or 2 everyone is wearing it, so I'm looking for something new. I was hoping Angel would be it, but on me, it smells like scratch and sniff chemical chocolate and then cheap incense. Boooo... what a bummer.

on 10/13/2004 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I got so many compliments everytime I wear this fragrance. I love it!!!