Thierry Mugler Angel

Thierry Mugler  Angel

3.3

on 12/29/2015 9:36:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

i am one of the Angel lovers, haha...I can see how some would hate it but to me it smells so good! I love a deep, warm scent in winter and this is all of that. It lasts and lasts and I just love it! It's a nineties classic! I wear it out and at night more than a daily thing but I will always have this on hand and I think I'll be wearing this in the grave!

It is STRONG so if you are easily offended by scent I would give this a pass but I encourage everybody to try it and to give it a test run. It really has to dry down and then it's wonderful. It does not work on everybody and if your not into gourmand perfumes (think: food) then this isn't for you. Very complicated and very lush.

on 5/10/2015 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Heavy, cloying, and headache-inducing. Good thing I didn't eat anything because I'd be upchucking right about now.

on 3/15/2013 8:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Tried this perfume the other day and i gotta say it was Evil on me, i cannot even describe the smell,My husband was even repelled by me, anyway i went straight home and washed it off, but did it wash off NO, it stuck to me like hell. Alien is my favorite perfume of all time and i so wanted to love Angel but on me its a NO NO.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I actually love this. I can see why people might not, though. It's sort of a love it or hate it scent. I'm horrible at describing scents, so I'll leave that for others. The packaging is beautiful; so many perfumes just look tacky to me, but this one is pretty. This is a strong, heavy scent, and a little goes a long way. I think it's great.

on 4/19/2012 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I got a sample yesterday with a Sephora shipment and I was so excited to try it. I know there are tons of women that love this perfume. I am a Flower Bomb addict! If you read those reviews it's the same, either you love it or you hate it. That said, Angel smells like I just sprayed a bottle of nasty body odor on myself. I could not believe how bad this smelled on me although someone I work with actually said I smelled good. LOL. It's so crazy how perfume smells different on people. The dry down was actually not that bad and the scent does last. There is nothing worse than a perfume that you can't smell on yourself...for me that is Light Blue and Vera Wang Love Struck. I can't smell these the minute after I spray them. I am going to try the sample again tomorrow just in case!

on 5/10/2011 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I have to say that this represents a lot of the aspects of a fragrance that doesn't suit me at all. The scent is way too strong, sickly and over powering. This was an unwanted gift. It gave me headaches and I was very glad to give it away. Fragrance choice is such an individual thing.

on 3/1/2009 8:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Love this fragrance. Have decided to make it my signature fragrance..and now want everything available in this line and the womens.

I like to layer this with chocolate scented lotions. It really empowers the chocolate note in the fragrances and creates a unique scent with amazingt staying power.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I would never pay the outrageous full price for this, but my mom had a half-bottle of EDP left over that she gave me. It's... okay. Starts off with a weird sour-fruit note, like canned peaches, and quickly mellows to an interesting vanilla-caramel-patchouli thing, like a hippie roasting marshmallows. The juxtaposition of gourmand and patchouli notes is, I think, what gives Angel its cult following (and virulent haters). For my tastes, if I want a sexy vanilla-ish Oriental, I pick Shalimar or Obsession. They work better on me.

How they get away with the ridunkulous pricing is beyond me-- it's not HG material for me, for sure. I actually find it rather simplistic. Parfums de Coeur just came out with a line of "sexy" body sprays and the "Va Va Voom" one smells just like Angel, for $6.95 @ Walgreens.

on 2/11/2009 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I must have the right "chemistry" for this fragrance. It's my favorite and my splurge every 6 months!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Put me on Team Hate. Can't stand the roasting, burning, tarry note.

Popular Fragrances