Thierry Mugler Angel

Thierry Mugler  Angel

3.4

on 1/19/2017 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is one of those legendary perfumes that everyone has experienced at some point. To me it is the Poison of the 90s, a strong and unapologetic perfume that is bold and brash. It's very polarizing. You definitely need a light hand with this one. To me it is a patchouli bomb. I do appreciate it, and the body products are lush (especially the body cream and shower gel). Very sweet and the textbook definition of gourmand.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Top Notes: melon, coconut, mandarin orange, cassia, jasmine, bergamot, cotton candy

Middle Notes: honey, apricot, blackberry, plum, orchid, peach, jasmine, lily-of-the-valley, red berries, rose

Base Notes: tonka bean, amber, patchouli, musk, vanilla, dark chocolate, caramel

This perfume is so divisive that I'm afraid to wear it out of the house! I think it's just like Tabu in the sense that people don't realize how strong the sillage is, nor do they realize how the frag comes across to other people.

I think this might be one of those perfumes that you should spritz in the air and walk through, otherwise it might be headache and sneeze inducing to those with allergies or sensitivities.

Anyway, on to the perfume itself. It's the MOTHER of all gourmands. The first of its kind. The flagship that paved the way for all those gorgeous gourmands that so many of us are addicted to.

Even if you think you might hate Angel, I still recommend trying it, even if it's only so you could say you smelled the very first gourmand.

Thierry Mugler is a mad genius. It had never occurred to anyone else to make anything like this before. So cool. His other perfume, Alien, is just as unique. I recommend trying that one as well.

on 6/29/2016 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my absolute favorite perfume! I smelled the men's one on my friend, and was blown away, so I immediately bought the ladies' version for myself. It is heavy, musky, patchouli infused, extremely sensual. It's like sex in the bottle! If you like floral or fruity smells then this baby is not for you. You gotta have a large presence to wear this. It's not for shy or faint hearted people. You gonna turn heads as you walk by.

I first had this perfume when I was in my late teens, soooo many peoples complimented it and many people then went on to buy it. After a few years I decided to move on to different ones. In 2015 I bought some more as I wanted a perfume again that I know actually does last all day...again I received so many compliments about it from passers by which was nice but I do feel that it reminds me of the past and that's where I should leave it. If you want a perfume to last from morning to night I definitely recommend this one! It wont let you down !

on 3/9/2016 6:17:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Ive had alien for a while now never cared to try angel and I did so I bought it today and I like them equally as much and the fact that the bottle is refillable which is the best part. I went to the mall to buy dior addict but was sold out so I bought angel and I'm glad because after smelling all of the dior fragrances I actually like pure poison the best so that's my next purchase when I find a deal as it is pricey and not refillable...overall angel is a strange scent and I supposed an acquired taste but it draws compliments and can be smelled from a distance and I like that because whats the point of wearing a fragrance only you can smell?? It seems as if it morphs from initial application at first its very odd but dries down sweet and just a lil floral...angel is my new signature scent

on 1/29/2016 8:16:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Too musky and earthy for me, I can smell something sweet under the musk maybe a vanilla but it's buried under a scent I dislike. I don't despise this as much as some other people do but it's not for me. Staying power is good though, so if you like it you can enjoy it all day lol. Would not repurchase.

This is one of those scents that smells amazing on one person and horrid on another (similar to what Alien can do as well) or can smell so good to one person, and not that great to another! I decided to give this another try after trying the EDT and it being so not good on me...the EDP however smells amazing on me! I worked with a woman who wore this, I'm pretty sure she wears the EDT and it smells so nice on her, my chemistry just argues with it and goes super hella powdery weird on me. I was so pleased by the way the EDP wares on me though - it's creamy, sweet, cozy..with just a touch of spiciness! I feel if you wear gourmand fragrances and can pull off warm vanilla scents, and you're maybe looking for something a tad different, give this one a try. I recommend trying both the EDP and EDT as they can be slightly different than the other. It's definitely not a fragrance that everyone or anyone can wear.

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Angel can be strong if over applied. I've been in the midst of some hot and sweaty ladies leaving after gym and reeking of over applied Angel. Yuck I think! rather wear something citrus after a workout please..
Angel on me is a nice warm jasmine that's been dampened by woody notes. I think Angel smells different on different people or in different climates.
My first reaction to Angel on 'the others' was to recoil back with immediate dislike, but on me it smells gorgeous, I'm so pleased that I made the effort to try, and to buy.
I actually could buy a refill next time, because I find this bottle is not easy to control the quantity of scent been applied and then I would pour it into another empty user friendly bottle.

on 11/16/2015 9:58:00 PM

I pretty much love this perfume ❤️. I first smell this in England and then in my country several times and allways asked the women wearing this what was that amazing and strong smell, the answer every time was Angel by Thierry Mugler. I am now in my second bottle and wishing I could buy another one soon.
If you or the one you love, don't like strong smells jus DONT buy this. If you love to stand out and to be remembered, this is for you.

on 10/18/2015 4:55:00 AM

I think craigdw2 's review echoed my feelings exactly!

If you wear Angel and it suits you, then you can't wear anything else. It's love at first smell!

I was at a shop and my ex smelled me from afar and followed the scent to come find me. And that was 3 years after we had broken up. It was such a funny but sweet moment. It's a scent that stays with you and becomes part of you.

I have come to terms with that perfume being my "one" and don't even bother trying any other anymore.

I will most probably die wearing Angel.

Popular Fragrances