Thierry Mugler Angel

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
Thierry Mugler  Angel

2.9

on 12/31/2014 2:20:00 PM

I have only tried Angel once and that was enough. I have heard and read a lot about it and that if I didn't like Alien I would like this; and I didn't like Alien. I sprayed it on and immediately recognized it. I have smelled it a lot and didn't recognize it as a perfume but assumed it was fabric softener/perfume mating that produced a monster offspring, a rub for strained muscles, some weird herbal alcoholic beverage someone had spilled, a cleaning solution, a man who ran out one can of AXE and finished his spray down with a different AXE smell. . . . I tried one tiny spray on the back of my hand. By the time I got out of the store the smell had grown so big I was embarrassed. Other than patchouli I couldn't tell you the notes. It seemed very medicinal in an unpleasant way--a nausea inducing potion, too--and all I could focus on was getting it off me. I tried to wash it of in a filling station bathroom but that didn't affect it. Then I got home and used hand soap. Then I used dish soap. Then both again. I could still smell it for hours although not as strong. I can say I tried it now, at least, and I know what that strange smell I encounter everywhere is now. I won't try it again much less buy it. I recommend it for those occasions you don't want people too close and hermits.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

as i grow older my senses have been leaning towards feminine and womanly smells rather than the candy and sweet smells i use to enjoy as a young girl. my all time favourite is chanel no.5 and this is up there with it. I first tried this fragrance at turkey in istanbul. initially when i first sprayed it on the smell wasnt that great but within half an hour it smelt amazing. now when i wear it i remember turkey and my aunty in istanbul wore this perfume so many times in her life that her skin induced it in. If you are someone who wears perfumes for memories then make angel the perfume that you will never forget. angel has scarred my sensory system that it is inevitible to forget. thank you thierry mugler for an enjoyable and pleasant experience.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I absolutely love this scent.

Although I can understand how there are so many bad reviews - this really isn't a scent you need to use too much of - ONE small spray, please. I honestly think that some people dislike Angel because some idiot has probably sprayed almost the entire bottle over her clothes. No. Just no. Please, if you want to wear Angel, then do it justice and use very sparingly.
Anyway. Rant over.

Regarding the scent itself, I use the Eau de Parfum and have been obsessed with it ever since I first tried it.

This perfume is incredibly popular in Spain - whenever I go over to visit relatives I recognise this on so many girls in the street. It just smells gorgeous in summer - as I'm writing this I can picture Seville in the really hot months - and this scent conjures up loud, buzzing nights. This is a very mediterranean perfume - we tend to like the stronger scents, that leave a bit of a trail. I would say this is very unmistakeable, and an absolute masterpiece.

The overall composition is sweet. Yes, it is a gourmand, but not one that I find too sickly or offensive. You will not actually smell like a dessert while wearing this, despite all of the rich, almost edible notes - it's too complex to come across as a chocolate pudding/sugarbomb attack on the nose, because of the patchouli that serves as a base. I definitely get a strong, immediate hit of honey, red fruits, cotton candy and dark, dark chocolate - which I am slightly obsessed by.

I always feel great while wearing this. It's so warming and exotic. And yes, you may have
heard, men adore this scent. It really is an aphrodisiac. A kind of smell that you want to snuggle up to or savour - I always find myself sniffing my wrist because I'm craving more of its sensual, heady goodness. But it has to be on the right skin and body chemistry. If Angel doesn't suit you, then you'll probably know about it very quickly from other people's reactions, which could put some people off and explain the bad reviews. But please, I repeat, don't give Angel a bad name by wearing it if it doesn't suit you. That's just encouraging any bad rep for such a wonderful product.

So, if you're feeling like you want to try Angel, ease into it with just a single spray and you might be surprised. It really is like nothing I have ever smelt before or since. My firm favourite - the good news is it's quite economical despite it being more expensive than a lot of other perfumes. It's definitely an investment buy. This is because you need such a tiny amount due to the incredible sillage and longevity. I can spray this once onto my wrist, dab it onto the other one, rub my wrists behind my ears and on my neck, then I'm good to go - and, unbelievably, I can still smell it the next day. All day. So, if you like the smell, this is good news. If you don't, then it could be a bitch to scrub off in the shower. While I'm wearing it I tend to feel like it's quite a confident, sexy, rich, deep and complex scent - not the typical watered-down fruity crap that so many unfortunately misguided girls wear now. No, this is proper perfume - a classic scent.

I also adore the most recent campaign for this with Eva Mendes. She really suits the vibe of the perfume and just embodies its confident, strong but also really feminine and classic appeal. I would definitely picture somebody like her wearing this scent. I don't know why but I really feel this suits Hispanic women (probably because it reminds me of the thousands of girls who wear this in Spain). It just conjures up dark hair, tans and summertime.

The bottle is also great - very pretty on my dresser, I have the little blue star and I love the fact that the juice is coloured. Everything about this product, from the scent to the marketing is stylish and luxurious.

Try it, and if it doesn't work for you, then leave it alone. But if it does, then you'll be very lucky to enjoy such a gorgeous, unique smell.

on 2/19/2013 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

I was looking for a new perfume and checked this out because I'd heard some hype about it. At the Macy's counter I sprayed about half a spray onto my wrist, barely any at all. At first it smelled slightly off... almost like urine. But it only smelled that way for about a minute, and once it had settled into my skin, it was the best perfume I had ever smelled. I'm no good at describing fragrances, but overall this is a musky woodsy scent with just enough sweetness. Throughout the day I could smell it strongly, and even into the following day, just from that one spray!
As far as price goes it is expensive for the amount you get but a tiny bit goes a looong way. It's definitely worth it in my opinion.
I don't really judge perfumes by their bottles, but I'm not crazy about the star bottle, it's not really my taste.
Overall this is my new signiature scent... I can't get enough!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

LOVE this perfume! I really dislike negative reviews on perfumes, because like so many people have said, perfumes turn out differently on everyone. That's not anyone's fault, but we shouldn't hurt the perfume's poor feelings because of that. :(. Anyway, yeah I love this so much! (And alien.) I can smell the chocolate well in this when I spray it. It honestly is a bit overwhelming the first time you smell it, but if you give it a chance, it's great. I can spray this and still smell it on my wrist the next day. That's what I love most about Thierry Mugler perfumes. They really are worth the price.

on 1/14/2013 4:17:00 PM

I don't own this perfume, and I'm glad I don't. All I smell is grass and milk, unfortunatly. :/

Beautiful, complex scent. When worn, I never been told anything other than 'you smell amazing'. I believe that some people just cannot appreciate it, or their sense of smell is not developed enough. This does not smell like chemicals or BO at all. *scratches head*

on 11/10/2012 1:29:00 AM

EW. Honestly. It doesn't smell like anything disgusting, like garbage or something, but it smells like a bunch of nice things that don't go together....It smells like trees, ginger ale, caramel, and roses...Together, I just get a whiff of a pleasant armpit whenever I smell this. I kept trying it all week to try to like it, but I couldn't. Something is just off!
I gave it 2 lippies, 1 because it was a good try, and a second one because the bottle is beautiful.
just don't waste your money on this!

on 10/26/2012 1:57:00 AM

This perfume is very much a hit or miss with most people..at first spritz it's a very strong, overpowering smell. However, once the top notes fade out, it becomes a sweet, spicy scent that you could only smell in close range. I guess it really does depend on body chemistry and how it reacts with your skin/body heat. It definitely is a very dark, sultry fragrance..just make sure not to over-dose!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I never bought this perfume before, but I recognized the packaging and name when I was in a department store (I think it was The Bay). I sprayed it once on my jacket thinking it was going to smell nice. The first thing I thought of was "Damn, this smells TOO strong and it smells like old lady". I was hoping the scent would disappear quickly since I hated it, but it stayed on the entire day. There's a plus for someone who wants to purchase this perfume.

Popular Fragrances