Thierry Mugler Angel

3.2

on 11/22/2017 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Uhg, my Mom loves this stuff. I'm not familiar with scent notes, but this stuff is STRONG and not in a nice way. Really not a fan.

on 11/22/2017 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm an infamous mediator. I see both sides to everything, so this highly polarizing fragrance drew too much curiousity to pass up! Surely people were exaggerating, and it's not something you either LOVE or you HATE? The top selling fragrance in the world, surely the haters were just rebelling against the popularity of an otherwise decent perfume?

I braced myself, applied one spritz, and was hit with a strong bug spray, Christmas tree, and soap smell. I perserved. An hour in, the patchouli settles down and the honey, foody notes start peeking through. It stays like this till end on me. While people complain that this smells ''dirty'' to me it smells clean. Far too clean.

At no point did I feel angelic or beautiful. If anything, it is as if I was a very naughty girl who was punished for eating too many sweets by having my mouth washed out with soap. The soap with the bare trace of the sweets is exactly how this smells. Any temptation that the gourmand might provoke is dashed with the soapy notes, and not in a sexy teasing way, a very WRONG way. Like this is something that will kill you if you eat it. I absolutely agree with another reviewer that said that the combination of edible + inedible is nauseating. And not in the rude way, the actual stomach-turning way.

So there you have it. I wanted to like this or at the very least see the good and bad equally, but this is just... bad. I genuinely wish I could smell the beautiful sweet notes that everyone who loves it professes to smell. Oh well! I'm convinced that most people who love it had to acquire the taste. Considering I don't believe I've smelled this on anyone before in my life, at least rest assured that you will smell unique.

A good fragrance, spray it one time and you're good to go. Don't do it more than once or it's too much. I see why Angel exists for many years now. Pro: - fragrances is awesome - beautiful bottle - stays for hours (extreme concentrated) Neutral: - price Con: - you get not much for that price

Angel either works with your body's natural chemistry or it doesn't. Happy to say that it smells divine when I use it. People have approached me in various stores repeatedly to ask what fragrance I was wearing.

Angel is one of my staples and I love bold, exotic fragrances like Serge Lutens Chergui and Bois et Musc. These fragrances seem to work with certain people and definitely not with others. I've smelt Angel on a friend or 2 along the way and to be honest, I thought it smelt awful.

I will NEVER stop wearing this fragrance and can't get enough of it it! The hair mist and body lotion complete the scent extravaganza when out on the town!

Smells too strong. This fragrance is strong for summer time. İ used it in winter time.. İ was in public elevator (lift) a man who i dont know, asked me what is this smell on me. He said "please, i will buy a gift this parfum to my girlfriend :)))) so i thought, this fragrance effects other people im good way:)

on 11/10/2017 8:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I've never used this perfume but my mum and sister does. The smell is a very sweet and strong (like very strong). I would def not purchase this, it makes people around you dizzy because of how strong the scent is. would never recommend anyone to buy this

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got the travel spray & putting all my pennies into the coffer layering my scent instead of getting alien I ordered the hair scenting spray. :-)
---
Original review: I'm sitting in the car waiting for my dad to get either the hair spray scent version or the travel spray at Macy's currently. I had the big blue star from cvs but it was a little musty I think it must've been sitting there an awful long while. I don't know if our cvs even has much in the way of designer perfumes anymore I never go in there but Kroger would make a killing w an endcap of little paris Hilton & Britney Spears our old Kroger had perfume! I got a dupe of this; lost it promptly (I have quite the dupe collex! More duped than real) so I reordered my dupe oil & I got it today & im like wth this smells so good! I didn't wear it in the 90s so here I am rebuying it in the authentic form after realizing I hadn't given her a proper chance w my cvs bottle that was real. This reeks of stripper heaven I must say I'm fascinated & oh my friend liked this i respect that individual very much. I wear it loud & proud. My dentist office even asked me not to wear perfume there. F that this is equal air opportunity (it was chanel Coco I believe that day! F#%&!) I just sneezed & now I can clearly smell my angel dupe all over the car. My poor daddy having to endure it my mom hates perfumes she says they "ALL smell like 'dirt'" her words exactly & my dad likes his polo green but I ordered him some super dupes for his bday so I'm hoping to change that. My mom says I should spend all of my money on "ONE 'good' perfume" rather than 20 dupes for which I've got a few real ones: chanel, Dior addict, GA Si, &.....3 shelves of Victoria's Secret & B&BW fare, my holder w all of my fakes in my bathroom & a few scattered about the house & then well there's my obsession w cheap musks (Jovan, bonne Bell, Coty, body fantasy, oils...) & celeb renditions of perfumes from Katy Perry to paris Hilton to Jessica Simpson so why yes my mother I am buying one really good fragrance ANGEL & next pay day ALIEN. I'll wear my angel without regrets coz life's just to f short. I bid you Tschuess & thanks for reading my rant! Ps: I ended up with the travel spray as they were OOS on the hair scent. This smells like xmas in Wien Weihnachtenmarkt fresh pines, spice cake, wassail punch... I've never been to Austria but I will someday #bucketlist
---
Til;dr #winning #downtowntriplecrown

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I had never heard of this perfume, but I got a sample of it in one of my subscription boxes years ago. Since then I have been infatuated with it! It's think it's one of those perfumes that you either love or you hate. I love it! It's a very specific scent and it's very potent. You really only need one or two sprays and this perfume will last you the whole day! I have gotten so many compliments when I'm wearing it. It is a bit expensive, but I honestly think it's worth it. This is a scent that can't be duplicated and it stands the test of time.

on 6/5/2017 12:28:00 PM

I've worn this for years. I love the smell. It can be quite overpowering when first applied, but once it settles in, it gives a lovely musky, powdery smell. This works with my body chemistry better than any other perfume. There is a trick to applying this. With the spray, you have spray then walk into it. One spray only. This will give you a nice, soft fragrance that will last all day. If you do a couple sprays to your wrists and neck directly it will be too overwhelming and people around you will be pissed. I currently use the oil. One dab to my wrist then I rub other places. The oil lasts all day but tones down so not to offend people.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Angel is beautiful. I know a lot of people wear it, but it smells so lovely that I won't count its ubiquity against it. When I was working retail a lot of my customers wore it, and I could walk into the dressing room for hanger checks and still smell it, which always made me smile. Angel isn't for the feint of heart. You wear Angel when you want to be noticed. You wear it when you want people to sniff the air and say, "someone is wearing Angel." I love it on other people, and I even like it on my skin, but I do have to be careful to not over-apply it since my skin really amps it. When I am feeling extra-dramatic, Angel is the best scent to wear. I love the packaging too, the bottle is gorgeous (even though I don't particularly think the color of the juice or the shape of the bottle really meshes with the fragrance itself, but those are just my inherent biases talking.) I know a lot of people love to hate this fragrance, but I am in the equally important love to love it group.

Popular Fragrances