NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream - Amsterdam

Soft Matte Lip Cream - AmsterdamSoft Matte Lip Cream - Amsterdam

on 2/10/2017 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

The colour pay off is amazing. Also how cute is the idea to name the lipcreams by cities?! I love the scent (it smells like candy!), the matt finish and the colour itself is beautiful, even though it is too bright for my taste - but this only a personal preference and doesn't say much about the product itself. But it fades so easily, if you drink a little bit the whole color flakes away. This is the reason why I won't buy any of the darker shades, because If I wear a dark/bright lipcolour I want it to stay for a long time on my lips. Still I will buy some of the lighter/nude shades (Athens,London) cause than I wouldn't mind that much to reapply them....

If you are some one who needs to apply lip balm throughout the day, DO NOT BUY THIS.
Although the pigment in the color offers a rich red which will earn you copious amounts of compliments..

Pros: handy little bottle with a brush applicator, making application less messy. Readily available at a drug store. Color is rich and doesn't fade easily. Smells delicious.

Cons : Not that cheap, has a drying effect that feels very mousse like but dries out the lips at the same time.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Gosh this is pretty! It's a cool cherry pink. I first saw a swatch on Pintrest paired with a plum lip liner (Jordana Plush Plum) and I just couldn't stop thinking about it! The first time I tried these lip creams I was horrified at how dry they were and took them all back. I guess time has gotten me adjusted to matte lips and I find this one to be quite lovely. Overall, a solid purchase for six bucks. Ya'll be sure to try it with the plum liner...it's great!

on 4/11/2016 6:45:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Amsterdam is one of the best lips creams (and I have nearly all of them).
It's an orangey red that looks great with my light, warm toned skin, and dark hair. I suggest putting this on in thin layers (I've seen people apply the lip creams with a ton of color at once and it doesn't work well) and let it dry with your lips apart before eating or drinking. Done this way, it goes on smoothly and lasts very well; it doesn't flake off or clump.

on 2/28/2016 12:23:00 AM

I tried this shade once at the department store.. I kinda like its color on my lips but not the red color as I've expected. It looked pinkish on me....

on 8/2/2015 6:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I think the problem that some of us have had is that we apply too much, as we would with a lip gloss or lipstick. But then it can look clumped or patchy and we just think it doesn't work. I experimented because I didn't want to throw it out because it was unusable. I found that if you dab it on and blot it a little, then fill it in again and blot it, it looks perfectly even and soft. And it feels so nice - not drying, not sticky. It is more trouble to put it on in this painstaking way but then it looks beautiful and lasts. I wouldn't use only this every day, obviously. There are far too many lip colours to just use one. But I really love this shade of matte red. One thing I learned is not to put gloss on it. That will just wipe it right off the minute you sip coffee or anything.

on 4/26/2015 10:48:00 PM

I have 3 colors--Amsterdam, Cannes and Antwerp. I use the Cannes as an everyday go to work color. Amsterdam is darker and pinker and good for evening and Antwerp is a nice bright color for weekends. These lip creams are awesome. Color stays for a long time and feel very light.

on 4/4/2015 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I've been really enjoying NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams! After seeing this lip color on Rikkie Quintanilla on her YouTube channel, I had to order it online! The application is so much easier than a normal lipstick. The color is beautiful, but it may look better if I had warm skin because it has an orange-ish tone. I apply a small amount of lip balm on before I use this and it doesn't seem to dry my lips out much (even though I feel like I have extra dry lips). The shade lasts quite a while--but let it dry on your lips for 10 minutes after application before eating, drinking, etc.

on 3/28/2015 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

This is not my first Soft Matte Lip Cream, and I like the others well enough, but this one sucks for me. I love the color as it's represented by the tube. BUT... it goes on unevenly, is splotchy and is just not a very good look for me. Maybe I got one from a bad batch, but I am not a fan of this particular one.

on 3/21/2015 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I picked this up at CVS for under $4 along with another lip cream (Milan). The color on the outside of the tube for this one was fairly close - but not 100% (with Milan, the color of the product inside was vastly different from the color on the outside of the tube). Amsterdam applies as a bright red with just a slight hint of orange in it making it probably better for those who lean towards warm tones or are at least neutral. High marks for ease of application, dries down pretty quickly, feels like you aren't wearing any lip product at all - so truly matte. Transferring is really minimal. But with any matte lip products, make sure your lips are in good shape overall before applying. I can completely see how these matte lip creams would really accentuate chapped, dry or flaky lips. Even though the packaging color varies from what is actually inside, the sale price on these makes them worth a gamble and they are a nice compact size to toss in your purse, travel bag or briefcase.