Sephora Advanced Airbrush Set

Sephora  Advanced Airbrush Set

4.5

on 7/7/2016 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I use #56 brush daily.It works so so good with foundation.I use less foundation with this brush.I use liquid foundation and I use this brush to go over my face even after I apply my makeup.I love how it blends.I first put a bit of foundation in my palm and dip the brush in it and start below my eyes first and then just blend it in my face.I never need to even dip my brush but Once into the foundation.This brush just blends so well I can't believe How less foundation I use! I sometimes use this for blush or bronzing.I wash it about every couple weeks.Great Foundation brush!

I have had this brush set for a couple of weeks now and have used it since I got it. I have to say that I do love this set and my favorite is the concealer brush. The set is almost wirth it for the concealer brush alone. The other brushes are just beautiful and work well too. I have had many sephora brush sets and I have liked them all, they are just amazing quality brushes and I love them. I have more sephora brushes ordered now, the tools of the trade and antobacterial brush sets. If your reading this because you want to buy this set, I say go for it they are beautiful work great and come in a beautiful case. I have many brushes and I have been using these since I got them. Like all sephora sets they are pricey but you do get what you pay for and this brush set is no exception.

To Read all 12 Reviews, Login or Join

Amazing brush set, I have always used drug store brushes and have been happy with them but never overly impressed or amazed. I had a gift card and have all the makeup I need so why te heck not splurge on brushes?, well for god sakes I'm glad I did, what a difference!!!!! How the heck have I been using those crappy brushes for so many years and not known there was better ones? I will get to the point-BUY THESE BRUSHES! The foundation and the concealer are the stars of the set by far, the powder and eye brushes are better than my old ones but didn't make as much of a difference as the face brushes, you seriously will be amazed at how airbrushed you look! I will be buyig more now from the airbrush colection for life!

on 11/15/2012 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I wasn't convinced I needed to spend $40 on one brush but after trying this set, I am changing my tune. All of the brushes are super soft, doesn't shed (haven't deep cleaned it yet, only spray cleanse) and some are just useless. It would have been better if this set contained a blush brush instead of an additional eye brush.

-powder: large and fluffy, distributes loose and pressed powder foundation evenly and naturally but it'll probably fan out in less than a year
-foundation: i had to use double the amount of liquid for a natural finish. if this was set just a bit lower, it might not waste so much product.
-concealer: way too big for under eyes, too soft to distribute evenly, wastes product.
-crease: have no use for this since i have hooded lids; tried to use as a concealer but it is too soft & long
-shadow: my favorite and most used; ultra soft no matter how many times you go over your lids; distributes color w/o fall out

You do get what you pay for. There is no way this is a $170 value. $25 at best, is more like it. A great starter set but it's probably best to buy individual brushes that you need.

on 5/9/2012 1:12:00 PM

Airbrush 55. An excellent brush for applying and easy blending of foundation. Compared to Tarte Airbrush finish bamboo foundation brush, this one provides lighter coverage (which for me is preferable).

on 2/21/2012 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

A few weeks ago I bought a Sephora brand concealer and the MUA who tested it out on me used the airbrush concealer brush. I loved the finish of the concealer so much that I bought it only to get home and figure out that it was way too yellow for my skin tone, When I went back to return it I did decide to pick up this brush set. The set of five brushes comes with a sleek, shiny, gunmetal case which is a definite plus! It comes with a powder brush that is a little too flat and soft for my tastes. A concealer brush which is AWESOME! A foundation brush that really does give you a natural, airbrushed look. A crease brush with bristles that are too long for me to manage well, so I kind of keep making a mess. :( and an eyeshadow brush that is great for applying and packing on product. Overall I rated this product an 8.25 out of 10. The set is worth the $65 price tag because if I puchased the three brushes that I love from the set that individually, it would run me upwards of $70. You can watch my Youtube review here--->

on 1/5/2012 3:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I am really in love most this brush set. only one brush I didn't like
is the powder brush ( powder brush my fave is Hakuhodo and
koyudo) it's too soft and doesn't pick up color well.
but it's ok. 5 brush for $65. it's very good deal compare hakuhodo or any other HE brush.

I was trying to buy the pro Brush #56 and concealer brush,
but sephora SA told me that this set's #56 and concealer brush is better. so I decided to try this set.
I haven't use pro #56. so I don't know what's the diffrence
but I am glad that I got this set.

please make sure that opne brush case to make sure all
brush in it. as I saw couple brush is missing when I did check it at sephora.

I will koyudo liquid foundation brush review too.

If you're trying to decide whether or not to buy the Sephora Advanced Airbrush Set, a serious desire for two or three of the five brushes makes this a very good deal. If you only want one or two and really don't need the rest, I'd recommend spending the same amount on a few brushes of higher quality.

They're reliable brushes and I would buy the set again. Just keep your expectations in check because they're not the most flawless brushes available.

The value of the set earns a 5 out of 5 (I really wanted two of the brushes, so the other three were like a bonus). The quality is slightly above average and rates a 3.5/4 out of 5. The packaging works well for me as a travel case and rates a 4.5 out of 5 (having a mirror inside would have made it perfect). For size reference, I usually bring a few eyeshadows, mascara, blush, lipgloss and a travel container of tinted moisturizer.

They're definitely better than the standard Sephora brushes and better than what you'll find a the drugstore - and they're certainly sufficient for my slightly-more-than-basic needs - but they're not comparable to higher-end brushes from MAC or what you'd find at a department store.

on 5/15/2011 10:39:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am completely in love with every brush in this set. The sales girl at Sephora showed me this set when she saw me picking out a few of the Sephora Platinum brushes because she said this would save me a lot of money. I was very skeptical because I was looking to invest in high-quality brushes and I wasn't sure I believed her when she said they compared to the Platinum brushes. I am so glad I listened to her because I absolutely love these brushes!

The kit comes with five brushes: a powder, foundation, concealer, shadow, and crease brush. My favorites are the powder brush and the crease brush. I use the powder brush for my powder and bronzer. It gives such a light but perfect application. I am very fair and have a hard time with bronzer looking blotchy and weird on me. If you have similar problems you NEED this brush for bronzer! It is amazing! The crease brush is perfect. It does all the work for you and is the perfect size. Overall, all of the brushes are extremely soft and high-quality and I would recommend them to anyone. Best makeup purchase I have made in awhile. This kit is perfect if you are the type of person that doesn't need a bunch of different brushes and would rather just have a few brushes that give a flawless look.

on 5/7/2011 7:53:00 PM

I fell for the #56 foundation brush and went back for this set. Just tried the concealer brush today and I feel like I just discovered the airbrushes all over again. I was doubtful of its ability to cover smaller blemishes, but because it buffers in the concealer, it covered marks of all sizes. Brilliant! This will go with me on EVERY trip.

Popular Makeup Brushes