3.8

Reviews

1.0
from

4 months ago

Makes my hair so much worse. Doesn’t hydrate at all and makes it frizzier and feel drier. Looks good for about 1 minute while it dries.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesOther

1.0

2 years ago

This cream is expensive and doesn’t smooth my straight but voluminous hair. It stays frizzy. I was curious enough to try it. What a disappointment. I'll stick to their famous oil instead.

About reviewer (128 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

2 years ago

Smells FANTASTIC! NOT greasy! Makes hair extremely smooth, not heavy!!! I was VERY skeptical buying it, turned out to be so far best hair product I have ever purchased:)

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

2 years ago

Beautiful product. I like and use a number of the Moroccanoil range and I repurchased this recently after I stopped using it. Not sure why I stopped, because this works very well for me. However, it is heavy so you must be very light handed with it if your hair is on the finer side like mine. I apply to mid length and ends and add a teeny amount of the oil to the ends. I use this on both damp and dry hair which results in soft and moisturised hair and a nice shine when I use the oil. It has the signature Moroccanoil scent but it is quite strong so you want to avoid it if you don't like strong fragrances. It is quite expensive but it's a large bottle and it's going to last quite a long time. I will definitely keep this product in my rotation from now on. Just in relation to the comment about alcohol in this styler. Alcohols are not created equally.This creme contains Cetyl Alcohol which is a fatty alcohol which is an emollient known to soften hair and in some products it helps with detangling. Good fatty alcohols: Cetyl, Stearyl, Cetearyl, Myristyl, Behenyl and Lauryl. Bad alcohols: Alcohol denat, Ethanol, SD alcohol 40, Propanol, Isopropyl and Propyl. Just an FYI.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Relaxed, Fine

2.0

3 years ago

My hair does not like this stuff - yet it loves alot of other Moroccan oil products. I understand this does not style, it is more of a leave in. My bi weekly hair wash routine is shampoo and condition in the shower, use a pump and a half of the oil treatment and brush hair and goto bed. I always wake up with full wavy /kinky hair that looks decent enough for sleeping on wet hair. I received this hydrating lotion in a gift pack with other Moroccan oil products and this came in a squeeze tube so I cannot comment on the pump bottle. After using the oil I put a quarter sized amount of this mid length and down and the next morning my hair was HUGE and pouffy. It's like this product makes my hair frizz out of control. I'll try it again and see if it needs to air dry naturally but I really didn't like the feel this gave my hair. My hair almost felt a little dried out. I'd rather try the smoothing cream and probably won't repurchase

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesOther

3 years ago

This leaves my hair silky & shiny, similar to how my hair looks and feels after leaving the salon. I will run a dollop throughout my hair after a shower & it air dries or blow dries with this effect. This does not completely combat frizz.

About reviewer (257 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

3.0

3 years ago

The product is not that efficient and it is just overpriced . You can find better products for less money.

About reviewer (31 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair

HairBlond

3.0

4 years ago

This is like a leave-in conditioner. It hydrates your hair and makes it feel softer but it is not a styling product. There is no hold and it can weigh your hair down if you use too much of it. I will keep it for those days when my hair feels dry.

About reviewer (91 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairOther, Curly, Medium

EyesBlue

5 years ago

I have gone through countless bottles of this product. I have dry, curly and chemically treated hair, and this is one of the few that have ever worked for me. Some say it is far inferior to its oil counterpart, but I disagree. I have tried both Moroccanoil oil and this cream, and this one (for me at least) works just as well. There are many reasons I use this instead of the oil. One, it is a lot cheaper. Two, it comes in big packaging (I get the 500ml bottle). And three, the same amount of product covers a lot more hair when applying. I apply this just after washing and before styling, but also for extra hydration at any other time, even on dry hair. I knocked off a lippie, just because of the silicone content, the alcohol and the artifical colouring. I undertand that although alcohol and silicone can be damaging in the long run, they really help style and give it a healthier appearance in the short run. But I don't get the need for an artificial colouring. In any case, I love this enough I will most probably repurchase as usual.

About reviewer (112 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

EyesGreen

5 years ago

This is a comparison of the Morocannoil Styling cream and the Macadamia Nut leave in cream. I love the Morocannoil one as doesn't feel sticky or heavy at all, smells like the Moroccanoil which I love. The Macadamia Leave-in Cream feels really sticky and smells a bit like a masculine fragrance. I have below the shoulder length hair and do one pump, rub my hands together and just rub it on from the ears down. It makes it look soft, shiny and conditioned well. Will always keep buying while they keep making this one.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age44-55