Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Creme

Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Creme

3.9

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Deykuart A, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Argania Spinoza Kernal Oil (Aragan Oil), Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, Citric Acid, Fragrance Supplement, D&C Yellow-11, D&C Red-17

on 10/1/2017 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Smells FANTASTIC! NOT greasy! Makes hair extremely smooth, not heavy!!! I was VERY skeptical buying it, turned out to be so far best hair product I have ever purchased:)

on 8/22/2017 4:51:00 PM

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Fine

Beautiful product. I like and use a number of the Moroccanoil range and I repurchased this recently after I stopped using it. Not sure why I stopped, because this works very well for me. However, it is heavy so you must be very light handed with it if your hair is on the finer side like mine. I apply to mid length and ends and add a teeny amount of the oil to the ends. I use this on both damp and dry hair which results in soft and moisturised hair and a nice shine when I use the oil.

It has the signature Moroccanoil scent but it is quite strong so you want to avoid it if you don't like strong fragrances.

It is quite expensive but it's a large bottle and it's going to last quite a long time. I will definitely keep this product in my rotation from now on.

Just in relation to the comment about alcohol in this styler. Alcohols are not created equally.This creme contains Cetyl Alcohol which is a fatty alcohol which is an emollient known to soften hair and in some products it helps with detangling.

Good fatty alcohols: Cetyl, Stearyl, Cetearyl, Myristyl, Behenyl and Lauryl.

Bad alcohols: Alcohol denat, Ethanol, SD alcohol 40, Propanol, Isopropyl and Propyl.

Just an FYI.

on 11/25/2015 7:28:00 PM

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

This is like a leave-in conditioner. It hydrates your hair and makes it feel softer but it is not a styling product. There is no hold and it can weigh your hair down if you use too much of it. I will keep it for those days when my hair feels dry.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This leaves my hair silky & shiny, similar to how my hair looks and feels after leaving the salon. I will run a dollop throughout my hair after a shower & it air dries or blow dries with this effect. This does not completely combat frizz.

on 9/2/2016 7:53:00 AM

The product is not that efficient and it is just overpriced . You can find better products for less money.

on 2/26/2017 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My hair does not like this stuff - yet it loves alot of other Moroccan oil products. I understand this does not style, it is more of a leave in. My bi weekly hair wash routine is shampoo and condition in the shower, use a pump and a half of the oil treatment and brush hair and goto bed. I always wake up with full wavy /kinky hair that looks decent enough for sleeping on wet hair. I received this hydrating lotion in a gift pack with other Moroccan oil products and this came in a squeeze tube so I cannot comment on the pump bottle. After using the oil I put a quarter sized amount of this mid length and down and the next morning my hair was HUGE and pouffy. It's like this product makes my hair frizz out of control. I'll try it again and see if it needs to air dry naturally but I really didn't like the feel this gave my hair. My hair almost felt a little dried out. I'd rather try the smoothing cream and probably won't repurchase

on 3/16/2015 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This smells pretty good but doesn't work as well as it used to. Sometimes it was heavy and other times it was great. It all depends on how you use it.
The bottle doesn't close though so it's not great to store in a humidity prone area like the bathroom.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Can't live without it!!!!!

on 5/3/2015 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have gone through countless bottles of this product. I have dry, curly and chemically treated hair, and this is one of the few that have ever worked for me. Some say it is far inferior to its oil counterpart, but I disagree. I have tried both Moroccanoil oil and this cream, and this one (for me at least) works just as well. There are many reasons I use this instead of the oil. One, it is a lot cheaper. Two, it comes in big packaging (I get the 500ml bottle). And three, the same amount of product covers a lot more hair when applying.

I apply this just after washing and before styling, but also for extra hydration at any other time, even on dry hair.

I knocked off a lippie, just because of the silicone content, the alcohol and the artifical colouring. I undertand that although alcohol and silicone can be damaging in the long run, they really help style and give it a healthier appearance in the short run. But I don't get the need for an artificial colouring.

In any case, I love this enough I will most probably repurchase as usual.

on 3/21/2015 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a comparison of the Morocannoil Styling cream and the Macadamia Nut leave in cream. I love the Morocannoil one as doesn't feel sticky or heavy at all, smells like the Moroccanoil which I love. The Macadamia Leave-in Cream feels really sticky and smells a bit like a masculine fragrance. I have below the shoulder length hair and do one pump, rub my hands together and just rub it on from the ears down. It makes it look soft, shiny and conditioned well. Will always keep buying while they keep making this one.

Popular Styling Products