Hourglass Femme Rouge - Raven

Filtered by eye Color : Green
No Image

4.5

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, DI-PPG-3 Myristyl Ether Adipate, C10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol Esters, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Ozokerite, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Microcrystalline Wax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Cetyl Alcohol, Tribehenin, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Vanillin. May Contain: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850:1), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410:2), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090:2).

Love their lipsticks! they last a long time, and they have gorgeous colors. Make sure to check your teeth, sometimes when applying I would get some color on my teeth. Love, love love!

on 1/7/2014 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Ah, the never ending search for THE red.

I have an olive/yellow complexion so was after a warm-based bright red that is all like 'looking hot in my bright red lippy, Penelope Cruz/1940s style' rather than like 'hey my lipstick enters the room 5 mins before the rest of my face' - I already have one of those (blue based red).

Description:
Bright red with warm undertones. Some reviewers have described as 'orangey red', which is probably a fair description, but it really is a RED, not to be confused with an in-betweener colour. The texture is moisturising, and the pigment strength is high for a moisturising, dewy lipstick. The packaging is all sexy and gunmetal shiny, and the fact that this is refillable satisfies my inner greenie, so does the fact that hourglass do not test on animals (however, not entirely sure about their ingredients being tested on animals, hmmm).

Application:
Best with a brush as the square shape makes a direct lippy application tricky (for my cupid-bow shaped lips and shaky hands).

Wear:
Yes super moisturising and good pigment, and when it fades it turns to a totally non-offensive, quite flattering salmon-flesh colour. However, I must admit I thought that this luxury fancy-pants lipstick would last a bit longer on my lips, even with lips firstly coloured with red pencil, it didn't have the staying power I dreamed of.

Why I will try other reds before buying this one again:
1. I'm not 100% sure about the company's animal cruelty stance, need to clarify that.
2. Possibly a little light for an olive complexion resulting in more of a bright pop red, rather than sexy red.
3. I will probably NEVER run out of this because I don't wear red all that often (only when I go out, which is like twice a year - yes I am old).

Luv N.