Hourglass Femme Rouge - Raven

Filtered by age: 19-24
No Image

1 review

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, DI-PPG-3 Myristyl Ether Adipate, C10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol Esters, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Ozokerite, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Microcrystalline Wax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Cetyl Alcohol, Tribehenin, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Vanillin. May Contain: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850:1), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410:2), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090:2).

on 4/7/2011 1:08:00 PM

This is my second Hourglass lipstick. These are super pigmented and have great coverage with one swipe. The squared off tip kind of annoys me, but supposedly its supposed to be better for when using a lip brush. At any rate, I find these moderately moisturizing as far as lipsticks in general go. (My fave all time moisturizing lipstick has to be the Chanel Rouge Alluresin the cool click packaging.) The color range is a little limited, but overall there are some great classic colors to chose from. Raven is kind of hard for me to put my finger on how to describe it. Its not warm but its not cool toned/fuchsia eitherand its not quite neutral? Its a bright cheery red/watermelon/cherry/strawberry kinda color with perhaps a hint of coral to it. Its definitely not for the faint of heart. It has a natural shine to it as its not matte, but not glossy either. As with any red lipstick, make sure your lips are well exfoliated and moisturized. (I like to use a lip balm like the EOS spheres under for added moisture.) I have had no issues with feathering with this lipstick, even without using a lip liner. Overall this is a win on my warm/yellow nc20-ish nars Deauville skintone. While it is a little price-y at $30 a tube, they are re-fillable and the packaging feels luxurious and nice in my hand.