Chanel Rouge Coco Shine - 67 Deauville

4.4

on 6/1/2016 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is for a review for Chanel CoCo shine 79. I wish I can tell you I hate it . But I don't. I have dry lips to begin with. Mac lipstick will cause my lips flake after 3hrs . This one doesn't . This colour is light coral pink on me. I still need a lip balm underneath. Great for daily wear to the office. May look out for the rest when my budget allows it.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

The only bad thing I can really say about this product, is the price. Then I remind myself, that this is Chanel, and (to me at least) it's totally worth it.

For starters, I didn't go looking for this shade. I got given it as a gift. On first inspection I wasn't crazily impressed-I'm not really into the whole pink/nude craze, I'm more of a red lipped girl myself. But then I tested it out, and man oh man...

It glides on super smooth, which is what Chanel promised with the Coco Shine range. It's got a creamy consistency, but it isn't greasy at all. It keeps lips super moist, and doesn't accentuate dry parts at all- WIN!

The color is unlike anything I've seen before. It's not brown, not pink, more like somewhere in between, with gold shimmer in between. Don't worry about the shimmer though- it doesn't look gaudy at all, and instead only catches the light. Though the color does go on sheer-ish, it can be built up, though never quite to opaque standards. This works for me though, as it works as a low key day to day shade-MLBB.

The packaging is only what can be expected from Chanel-sleek, minimalist and totally on point. It's the iconic black rectangular tube, stamped with the interlocking Cs on top. The lipstick is twisted out of the gold cylinder on the inside. It's slightly thinner than my outer Chanel lipsticks, but fits comfortably into any other lipstick holders.

It works perfectly for a day to day natural look, but I also use it when I do a dramatic eye look and want to downplay my lips.

This has defiantly become my new go-to.

To Read all 9 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

If Biarritz was too beige for you and Bel-Ami too pink for you, Deauville is right in the middle- it gives a nice nude lip that does not wash out and veers MLBB on my pale complexion. Biarritz used to be my favorite but now Deauville is my go to lipstick that always stays in my purse.

Wear is typical for rouge coco shines-on me, only a few hours. No strong scent (especially compared to the regular rouge coco lipsticks) and while it isn't moisturizing, it doesn't dry me out either.

What i like, especially compared to Biarritz, is that this lipstick can handle a full face just as well as a no makeup look, at least on this pale girl.

on 3/6/2013 11:58:00 AM

It gives the "my lips but better look". I love how it gives me a nude lip look without washing me out. The color in the tube is deceivingly dark, but once applied it gives me a sheer hint of color. I loved it immediately when I tried it on.

on 7/17/2011 10:15:00 AM

After finally deciding that I've grown up enough to splurge a little on my make up I made the leap to purchase the Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in #67 Deauville.

I love a nice natural looking lip and this one is nice enough for day to day wear. Would I wear it out for a big night, maybe. Staying power, I've had cheaper brands that lasted longer, but then again it's a pretty sheer lipstick.

What I do love about it is that it is SO creamy on my lips, usually in winter, I find I have to put lip balm on underneath my lipstick but this was so beautiful and kind to my lips....maybe it was worth the astronomical price. For those in the US, I have major make up price envy.

In short, love it. Would purchase again. May even have to try BOY shade that everyone raves about.

on 6/2/2011 12:28:00 AM

Deauville is a gorgeous, soft pinkish-brown that turned out to be exactly what I wanted. I normally do a nude lip but was looking for something a little darker but still natural looking. It's got a nice shine to it; I didn't reach for my gloss after like I normally do. Because it's sheer, I pair it with their liner in Natural which I love as well. I've used it without the liner for a softer look. And my boyfriend said it tastes good too. An added bonus:)

on 5/13/2011 3:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Shade: Neutral soft pinky brown, sheer, a pretty MLBB shade on my pigmented lips.
Consistency: Soft, and shiny but not greasy. Comfortable feeling.
Packaging: Sleek black metal tube, Chanel logo on cap top.
Overall: Nice everyday shade, looks polished. Staying power is subpar, but that is to be expected for a sheer, glossy formula. I don't mind reapplying, so it is ok for me.
Retails for $32.

on 4/17/2011 5:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Bought this and the BOY shade the weekend that they were released in Australia and found that I wear this shade almost everyday to work with neutral eyes, its a great warm brownish nude MLBB shade. Sheer, not fantastic staying power but makes your lips feel great - just like lip balm. On reflection I decided that BOY was too pink so gave it to my younger sister and bought CAVALIER instead which is a darker plummy brown and will be perfect for winter which is just around the corner.

on 4/7/2011 2:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I bought this intending to replace my favorite Aqualumiere formula (Ipanema and Yucatan) which has been d/c. DEAUVILLE looks similar to Yucatan in that they are both a neutral shiny brown in the tube. However, this color doesn't go on the lips as a shimmery brown as I had hoped - it's more like a MLBB pinky brown but still gorgeous. Formula is a moisturizing blend of lipgloss and lipstick, glides on easily. No need to apply lip balm first. Will probably re-purchase and I am also going to get this in CANOTIER which is a lighter, shimmery nude beige and looks similar to the Ipanema shade.

NC30.