MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Highlighter Pen (Radiant Rose)

Filtered by eye Color : Brown

4.6

Love this highlighting pen for under the eyes. Its so easy to blend and gives you a fresh, ready to go look quickly. I usually blend this out with a beauty blender and set with a powder.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This just wasn't the product for me. I can though imagine it being a nice procuct for a lot of other people- It has a nice applicator, blends out really well and i've seen it on other people giving a nice natural highlight.
Now this isn't a concealer, it's a highlighter, but I'd read online about it being quite nice in brightening up undereye circle areas on top of concealer and I found it dissapointing in this regard- it's simply not pigmented enough for those of us with crazy dark circles and I found it made creasing worse worn over my concealer (NARS radiant).
It didn't do as much as i'd hoped for me personally in brightening either, after a while it dried down to a colour I found a little too dark to give that 'wow' bright effect it had when I'd initially applied it.
There are also a lot of good aspects to it though- I've used it on a friend and it gave a lovely 'glow' look to his skin without the usual shimmery/glittery look and looked a lot brighter than on my skin. The thinner formula is kind to dry skin too, it doesn't add too much texture to dry/flakey like highlighting with a concealer would and it blends out well.

All in all for the price it just isn't worth it for me personally, but as odd as it sounds I actually think that it's a pretty decent product overall.

Just need a tiny drop and it does his job well. Great product!!!!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Radiant Rose is a beautiful rosy-lavender highlighter shade which is perfect if you have a dull or tired skin.

I love applying this product under my eyes, especially at the outer darker corners of the eye as Radiant Rose gives them an instant lift and freshness. You can also pop this under the eye if you feel like you have had a restless night or partied a lot.

You can also use this highlighter as a correcting colour underneath your favorite brightening concealer for a better effect.

If you want to read an in-depth review on this and other Prep+Prime Highlighers you can read this blog review below. Hope it helps deciding.

This highlighter is the top rated highlighter here on MakeupAlley so when I was looking for a highlighting pen it was the first that came to mind. I am a big fan of MAC Cosmetics because they're one of the few brands that offer high quality products at relatively reasonable prices.

When it comes to highlighting pens I usually find that the price is ridiculous for the amount of product you get but this particular one contains more than your average pen and actually lasts for a long time.

I have a light, neutral-toned complexion and this pen works great for me in the wintertime when I'm paler. I don't think it would suit people with deeper, more tan skintones as it would register very white and pink on them.

This is great for highlighting under the eyes (but not right undeneath the lashline because the white-ish pigment of this pen can give you a tired look.) You should definitely not overdo it with this pen because you could end up with a reverse panda eye look. If you use a small amount on the high points of the face it does give the most natural highlight, which looks as if it were your own. I like to add some to the top of the cheekbones and then add a bit of a shimmery pearly highlight on top for a subtle romantic look.

This isn't a concealer and it doesn't cover anything, so you need to use a proper concealer in conjunction with it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have previously purchased this but in the shade bright forecast which was completely stupid of me because it was too dark for my pale skin so I had to give it to a friend of mine. I decided to purchase it in this shade because I had already loved the previous one aside from the color so now that I have a nice color, I'm highly enjoying it. The pink undertone in this helps with canceling out the blue undertones in my horrific dark under eye circles. I like the fact that it's a pen, making it easier and faster to apply. The formula is really beautiful, it's very easy to blend, and it doesn't crease on me if I set it with a light pressed powder. It highlights wonderfully and adds a sheer wash of color so if you're looking for a full coverage concealer then this might not be the one for you but you can apply this over your concealer and it will give you the results you're looking for without looking like you have flour on your face. I personally like applying this on its own on days where I just want a bit of coverage to look put together without wasting a lot of time and I like to blend it out using a dampened beauty blender. I'm definitely going to repurchase this but I've been really eye-ing the shade light boost so I might check that one out as well. Overall, I think this product is fantastic and I have nothing against it at all.

I love this stuff. I was pretty much pressured into buying this by a MAC makeup artist but I'm glad I bought it. I apply it under my eyes on top of my concealer, on my forehead between my brows and on my chin. I usually blend it out with a beauty blender and always get great results. It gives a nice natural glowy highlight, definitely brightens my face without looking like I applied a bunch of makeup. I like the packaging, makes it very easy to apply. I think it is a bit pricey for the size, but it does last quite awhile and is an amazing product so it's worth the price.

I love this... But as a highlighter. To me this is not a concealer but it can be worn on top of a concealer... To highlight, which is its purpose. This is my absolute go to for highlighting underneath the brows. It creates a sharp line and is easily blended in. My brows are gappy and I have to draw the angle, this pen just perfects it. Couldn't be without it.
For reference I'm NW20/25 and the radiant rose is a perfect compliment to my skin tone.

I can't get enough of this highlighter. It works so well for me. I apply a more yellow based concealer (at the moment benefit fake up) underneath this for coverage and follow with a generous amount of this and it works absolutely amazing for my under eye circles. Great consistency to work with and keeps the skin looking radiant. Really great alternative for the By Terry Touche Veloutee that is way more expensive. Highly recommend!

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is a must-have, every day staple in my makeup kit, and also a product that I use on almost everyone as a freelance makeup artist. This is a highlighting pen and is not meant to be used solely as a concealer. I use this to highlight areas of my face (above eyebrows, sides of nose, and in the triangle underneath the eye). This is perfect for that highlighted, sculpted contour look that is big right now. You'll notice that this product does not have a shiny consistency when it dries. This becomes a matte finish, but still has luminous particles. This also does not crease or cake in fine lines the way most highlighting pens do. It's also very affordable at $25, especially when compared to similar products by other high-end lines that are closer to $40.

My favorite way to use this pen is to clean up around the eye, after doing a smoky eye or using a dark shadow in general, and really carve out a shadow shape. This has quickly become one of my HG products, and I like the clickable pen. Like any product that is packaged that way, it's going to take quite a few clicks to get the product from the barrel of the pen into the brush, so don't let that put you off, as I'd noticed a few other reviewers had mentioned that. The yellow shade in this pen is also amazing.