MAC Prep + Prime Highlighter Pen (Radiant Rose)

Filtered by hair type : Wavy

4.7

This highlighter is the top rated highlighter here on MakeupAlley so when I was looking for a highlighting pen it was the first that came to mind. I am a big fan of MAC Cosmetics because they're one of the few brands that offer high quality products at relatively reasonable prices.

When it comes to highlighting pens I usually find that the price is ridiculous for the amount of product you get but this particular one contains more than your average pen and actually lasts for a long time.

I have a light, neutral-toned complexion and this pen works great for me in the wintertime when I'm paler. I don't think it would suit people with deeper, more tan skintones as it would register very white and pink on them.

This is great for highlighting under the eyes (but not right undeneath the lashline because the white-ish pigment of this pen can give you a tired look.) You should definitely not overdo it with this pen because you could end up with a reverse panda eye look. If you use a small amount on the high points of the face it does give the most natural highlight, which looks as if it were your own. I like to add some to the top of the cheekbones and then add a bit of a shimmery pearly highlight on top for a subtle romantic look.

This isn't a concealer and it doesn't cover anything, so you need to use a proper concealer in conjunction with it.

I love this stuff. I was pretty much pressured into buying this by a MAC makeup artist but I'm glad I bought it. I apply it under my eyes on top of my concealer, on my forehead between my brows and on my chin. I usually blend it out with a beauty blender and always get great results. It gives a nice natural glowy highlight, definitely brightens my face without looking like I applied a bunch of makeup. I like the packaging, makes it very easy to apply. I think it is a bit pricey for the size, but it does last quite awhile and is an amazing product so it's worth the price.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I've gone through two of these and I'm buying my third this week. I'm so pale that I use this as a concealer. It's the only product I've found that matches my skin. It covers my dark circles and makes me look alive. I cannot say how much I love this product - there aren't enough words in the English language. With that said, it does not work on any kind of blemish other than red, smooth spots.

I can't get enough of this highlighter. It works so well for me. I apply a more yellow based concealer (at the moment benefit fake up) underneath this for coverage and follow with a generous amount of this and it works absolutely amazing for my under eye circles. Great consistency to work with and keeps the skin looking radiant. Really great alternative for the By Terry Touche Veloutee that is way more expensive. Highly recommend!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is incredible!!!!!! I have tried numerous highlighters in the past but this one is the best it gives my porcelain fair skin a beautiful ethereal glow It doesint do much for dark circles but for covering blemishes and giving a radiant lit from within glow this is it.its not to sheer nor to runny the consistency is impeccable I love this please Mac don't ever discontinue this....

Best highlighter and concealer for fair skin!

My favorite highlighter!!! I can NOT rave about this enough. It doesn't cake up on foundation, leave shimmer on your face, it just highlights and blends seamlessly. THIS is what a highlighter should be!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I'm in love with this product. I had nabbed some from my girlfriends makeup bag when I had left my makeup at home pre a date night and absolutely fell in love when I tried it on. I have dark circles and need a good primer to really make my concealer stick. This is great. It primes the eye area, both under the eyes and the eye lids and makes a great base for concealer, liner or you could even just throw on mascara and go au natural. Definitely a fan.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Love love love love love love love. Hate the price, but love everything else. I will continue to buy it even though it's pricey because it is one of the only highlighters that really looks good on my fair skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was so sure this was the perfect color for me, but it looked very ashy on me. I am NW20. This should have been perfection, but it always gave me this ashy look. No matter how little I used. Now given all the raves for this product, I still think maybe I was just doing something wrong. But bottom line is, I had to return because no matter how I used it, I wasn't enjoying it. I tried Light Boost too (sample) but it was off as well.