MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Highlighter Pen (Radiant Rose)

Filtered by hair type : Other

4.9

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Radiant Rose is a beautiful rosy-lavender highlighter shade which is perfect if you have a dull or tired skin.

I love applying this product under my eyes, especially at the outer darker corners of the eye as Radiant Rose gives them an instant lift and freshness. You can also pop this under the eye if you feel like you have had a restless night or partied a lot.

You can also use this highlighter as a correcting colour underneath your favorite brightening concealer for a better effect.

If you want to read an in-depth review on this and other Prep+Prime Highlighers you can read this blog review below. Hope it helps deciding.

I love this... But as a highlighter. To me this is not a concealer but it can be worn on top of a concealer... To highlight, which is its purpose. This is my absolute go to for highlighting underneath the brows. It creates a sharp line and is easily blended in. My brows are gappy and I have to draw the angle, this pen just perfects it. Couldn't be without it.
For reference I'm NW20/25 and the radiant rose is a perfect compliment to my skin tone.

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is a must-have, every day staple in my makeup kit, and also a product that I use on almost everyone as a freelance makeup artist. This is a highlighting pen and is not meant to be used solely as a concealer. I use this to highlight areas of my face (above eyebrows, sides of nose, and in the triangle underneath the eye). This is perfect for that highlighted, sculpted contour look that is big right now. You'll notice that this product does not have a shiny consistency when it dries. This becomes a matte finish, but still has luminous particles. This also does not crease or cake in fine lines the way most highlighting pens do. It's also very affordable at $25, especially when compared to similar products by other high-end lines that are closer to $40.

My favorite way to use this pen is to clean up around the eye, after doing a smoky eye or using a dark shadow in general, and really carve out a shadow shape. This has quickly become one of my HG products, and I like the clickable pen. Like any product that is packaged that way, it's going to take quite a few clicks to get the product from the barrel of the pen into the brush, so don't let that put you off, as I'd noticed a few other reviewers had mentioned that. The yellow shade in this pen is also amazing.

I haven't had this long but have worn several times and the pink gives a beautiful brightening to my undereye...I apply this in natural outside light which is perfect to show how pretty this is....

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This, along with Bobbi Brown corrector, is my HG combination for under eyes. I can't believe I didn't discover this sooner. The consistency is great, it effectively brightens dark circles under the eyes, lasts all day, makes me look more awake, and doesn't settle into lines or get cakey.

Plus, it's Back 2 Mac eligible. Will repurchase and recommend.

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This product is great... really beautiful texture... thin, pigmented, and has a lovely finish. The girls below me have basically covered it, but it's definitely worth checking out. Both this and the light boost! I use them together.

$25 for .12 oz knock off of YSL Touche Eclat ($41 for .1 oz)
There are many versions of the YSL out there now. I use radiant rose every single day. the product clicks up. Can sometimes get a little messy when you underestimate how much will ooze out, but given how amazingly long this pen lasts, it stays pretty neat if you're careful. The formula lends luminosity to the area applied in a very light way. Though I used to apply concealer in the same way (to naso-labial folds), this is lighter and blends really well. I haven't tried any drugstore versions and won't pay $41 for YSL. For me, this is the perfect choice. I have been holding my back up for 2 mos and still haven't had to bust it out.

This is my favorite highlighting pen so far. it's bright pink color and creamy opaque consistency make it perfect for my under eye area. I use this under my concealer. It smooths out easily and allows layering of products without losing or moving this product. It doesn't look cakey at all.
Awesome product!

I'm obsessed and love a good highlighter that has peachy pink undertones as I use them as an under eye corrector. Originally I fell in love with the classic Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat No 1, but then found a budget friendly drugstore Maybelline's Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in Radiant. When I heard MAC was adding their own version to the market, I had to try and went down to my local counter to purchase it. Radiant Rose works beautifully with my complexion, MAC NC15 or Matchmaster shade 1. The formula is creamy, silky, and blends easily into the skin. Sets without the need for powder and pairs beautifully with many of my fave concealers when used as an under eye corrector. Provides a good medium coverage for me and wears all day without fading, feeling or looking dry, and doesn't settle into those lovely fine lines and creases. Definitely brightens and illuminates without shimmer or glitter too.

Comparing MAC to Maybelline:
- Packaging - Both are packaged in a click style pen with an attached synthetic brush applicator. (I personally despise this packaging. I snip off the bristles with scissors for hygienic and comfort purposes and prefer using my own brushes or fingers for application/blending)
- Product amount - MAC 3.6ml/0.12 fl.oz with Maybelline 1.5ml/0.05fl.oz (and Yves Saint Laurent 2.5ml/0.1oz)
- Swatched side by side - MAC Radiant Rose is lighter and pinkier whereas Maybelline's Radiant is darker and more peachier.
- After - Maybelline when finished is tossed in the trash and MAC can be used towards their Back 2 MAC program

Personally I've converted and made the switch to MAC's Prep + Prime Highlighter Pen as it a wonderful product, great coverage, and meets my needs for an under eye corrector.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've had it for few weeks now and I love it! I've tried bunch of under eye concealers/highlighters and this is currently my favorite. The price point is good compared to YSL#1 and I prefer the finish and color of the Mac. I thought it will be similar to Maybelline Dream Lumi in Radiant but this performs so much better. Maybelline is peachy Mac is pinky-er. It also doesn't sink into my fine lines and the blendability and the finish is so much better. It's a great highlighter if you are somewhere between NC20-30.