MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Highlighter Pen (Radiant Rose)

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This has become a staple in my morning makeup routine by accident. A friend gave this to me because it was too light for her, and I now use it every single day. When I first used it, I was taken back by how well it covered dark areas. It's really great and lightweight for use at the corners of eyes, around the nose, around the lips, and above/below the brows. This wouldn't be my number one for use as an all around concealer, but it COULD work as one if you forget your normal concealer or if you're in a hurry. It does a pretty decent job to cover redness/blemishes as well as working to lightly conceal dark circles(and mine are pretty purple/dark).

I use this pen on my eyes too before applying shadow since it's so handy being a clickable pen. I'd probably give it a 3/5 on how well it works to keep eyeshadow on(I'm not sure how many uses this pen is supposed to have lol)

This is definitely a repurchase for me.

Love love love this! It's perfect to use while contouring and highlighting those cheek bones and brow bones. It's opaque and stays matte all day long. I'm prone to acne and it hasn't irritated my skin or broken me out once. I know it's semi pricey, but let me just say that you get what you pay for! There is not one drugstore illuminator that even comes remotely close to the quality in this one!

This is really good! It's great for a natural highlight effect; in that it naturally makes your face appear sculpted/highlighted where you apply it. I apply it to the tops of my cheek bones and it really, really highlights them in a way a shimmer powder doesn't. It doesn't have a glow effect or have any shimmer; instead it's very pale (but the rose base means it doesn't wash you out or look unnatural). The ingredients are non irritating and won't break you out :) - yay mac (I ran them through cosdna). It's a great price (imo); most high end highlighters are so expensive, but this one is so resonable. I like the sleek packaging and it dispenses a good amount of product :). The shade itself is very, very pale - I applied it pretty much all over large areas of my face, and it made me look washed out (I am about an nw18) - so I wouldn't recommend that or recommend this shade for medium and up skintones. But to highlight your features; this is AWESOME, really natural, it will forever be in my makeup bag :).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Man, I wish more people knew about this product!

In comparison to the famous YSL Touche Eclat: This is cheaper by half but has more than twice the amount of the touche eclat! It has more coverage and is more brightening too. You can't beat this one for fair skin (I'm NC15-20). I hope MAC never discontinues because I'll be buying forever and ever!

So far, so good. I gave this 4 lippies because I'm not sure if allergies have been bugging me or this product. My eyes feel a little weird, but I'm sensitive to eye products. It does a fantastic job, though, over my Neutrogena concealer. Really does brighten without following the typical "brightener" rule of "I'm super shiny and reflective!" This manages to brighten while being matte. I suppose it has a sheen to it; matte would look very odd. I'm a big fan so far because it works without containing Vitamin E in it, which I'm allergic to.

*Edit - I've been wearing this a week or two and it's great! It covers my circles without the need for another concealer. I'll use my older one if I'm super tired, but otherwise, this one product is my go-to now. I just wish it wasn't in that stupid click pen; a tube contains so much more product and is easier to work with.
*Edit again - this is Holy Grail material, ladies. Nothing makes me look more refreshed, and it's so easy to use. I will distinctly go out and pay way too much money for this again when mine runs out! continued >>