MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Highlighter Pen (Radiant Rose)

Filtered by skin type : Normal

4.5

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

When I first purchased this product I loved it. I thought it was a dream come true. But then a couple of weeks later I noticed that I had developed some dark sun spots int the exact areas where I was applying this product. So be careful and limit your sun exposure when wearing this product. I hate this dark spots on my face and I don't know what to do to make them go away. Skin bleaching? Chemical peal? I don't know what to do.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This, along with Bobbi Brown corrector, is my HG combination for under eyes. I can't believe I didn't discover this sooner. The consistency is great, it effectively brightens dark circles under the eyes, lasts all day, makes me look more awake, and doesn't settle into lines or get cakey.

Plus, it's Back 2 Mac eligible. Will repurchase and recommend.

Love love love this!! I use it everyday and just purchased my second one!! Applies great, no cakiness!

$25 for .12 oz knock off of YSL Touche Eclat ($41 for .1 oz)
There are many versions of the YSL out there now. I use radiant rose every single day. the product clicks up. Can sometimes get a little messy when you underestimate how much will ooze out, but given how amazingly long this pen lasts, it stays pretty neat if you're careful. The formula lends luminosity to the area applied in a very light way. Though I used to apply concealer in the same way (to naso-labial folds), this is lighter and blends really well. I haven't tried any drugstore versions and won't pay $41 for YSL. For me, this is the perfect choice. I have been holding my back up for 2 mos and still haven't had to bust it out.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this sooner, I use it every day without fail. This highlighter is AMAZING, I adore the consistency, what with it being a cream highlighter. I use it after I have finished applying all of my make up, straight from the pen, on my nose, upper lip and in between my brows, and on my chin. I blend it in with my fingers and it makes me look glowy and fresh. The colour is very light, and has a pink tone to it. Although I am more yellow toned, (nc30) I feel the pink tone still goes well with my skintone. The only thing is dislike about this product is the packaging, it is the same as the touché éclat pen, but it is impossible to tell how much product is left in it before it runs out. I recommend always having a back up. I just want to add that I don't use it as a cheek highlighter or under the eyes, the reason being is I use the cream colour base in the shade Shell for my cheekbones as it matches my blush well, and for under the eyes I prefer to use a peachy concealer to cancel out the brown/blue tones. I recommend the highlighter called Bright Forecast for under the eyes, it is a definite peach colour.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I'm in love with this product. I had nabbed some from my girlfriends makeup bag when I had left my makeup at home pre a date night and absolutely fell in love when I tried it on. I have dark circles and need a good primer to really make my concealer stick. This is great. It primes the eye area, both under the eyes and the eye lids and makes a great base for concealer, liner or you could even just throw on mascara and go au natural. Definitely a fan.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I recently bought this and I really like it! I use it under my eyes, on my forehead, down my nose and a bit on my chin. It really gives a certain glow and it highlights my under eye area which makes my face look so much fresher. I have thought about buying the touche eclat - but this is a whole lot cheaper and I'm satisfied! :-)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

A cheaper alternative to YSL version. Love the formulation and color. This conceals and gives me a highlight without shimmer. Perfect shade for fair skin.