MAC Prep + Prime Highlighter Pen (Radiant Rose)

Filtered by age: 19-24

4.7

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This just wasn't the product for me. I can though imagine it being a nice procuct for a lot of other people- It has a nice applicator, blends out really well and i've seen it on other people giving a nice natural highlight.
Now this isn't a concealer, it's a highlighter, but I'd read online about it being quite nice in brightening up undereye circle areas on top of concealer and I found it dissapointing in this regard- it's simply not pigmented enough for those of us with crazy dark circles and I found it made creasing worse worn over my concealer (NARS radiant).
It didn't do as much as i'd hoped for me personally in brightening either, after a while it dried down to a colour I found a little too dark to give that 'wow' bright effect it had when I'd initially applied it.
There are also a lot of good aspects to it though- I've used it on a friend and it gave a lovely 'glow' look to his skin without the usual shimmery/glittery look and looked a lot brighter than on my skin. The thinner formula is kind to dry skin too, it doesn't add too much texture to dry/flakey like highlighting with a concealer would and it blends out well.

All in all for the price it just isn't worth it for me personally, but as odd as it sounds I actually think that it's a pretty decent product overall.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Absolutely gorgeous for under eye circles - makes skin look radiant! Purchased with Mac Longwear concealer, but honestly just using this gives a fantastic finish, never looks cakey or heavy. Doesn't crease much and holds pretty well throughout the day.

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

Awesome as color corrector for my dark circles. I have very pale skin an I've used ysl touch eclat for the same purpose but I think I like the mac one better cause I find it doesn't crease as easily and has more pigment to it. Brightens and corrects at the same time, concealer on top and the result is very nice. I like the packaging and it's not very pricey tho there are more affordable options out there. Very likely to repurchase after I run out.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love love love this. After purchase this kind of sat in my draw for a while as I wasn't exactly sure how to use it. It is NOT a concealer, and highlights only. Once I learned how to use it to its maximum highlighting potential, it became my go to 'big night out' product. I draw under my eyes, a stripe down my nose and then highlight my chin and forehead then leave it to cook on my skin for a minute or so. By this time it has melted into my skin and is ridiculously easy to blend in. It leaves the skin with a lovely photo finish glow and the colour tone is perfect form my cool pale skin (NC15). Every other Mac product I have tried has been overrated and poor value for money but This has lasted me a year and 5 months (only using in a weekend). I will most definitely be repurchasing.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Radiant Rose is a beautiful rosy-lavender highlighter shade which is perfect if you have a dull or tired skin.

I love applying this product under my eyes, especially at the outer darker corners of the eye as Radiant Rose gives them an instant lift and freshness. You can also pop this under the eye if you feel like you have had a restless night or partied a lot.

You can also use this highlighter as a correcting colour underneath your favorite brightening concealer for a better effect.

If you want to read an in-depth review on this and other Prep+Prime Highlighers you can read this blog review below. Hope it helps deciding.

This highlighter is the top rated highlighter here on MakeupAlley so when I was looking for a highlighting pen it was the first that came to mind. I am a big fan of MAC Cosmetics because they're one of the few brands that offer high quality products at relatively reasonable prices.

When it comes to highlighting pens I usually find that the price is ridiculous for the amount of product you get but this particular one contains more than your average pen and actually lasts for a long time.

I have a light, neutral-toned complexion and this pen works great for me in the wintertime when I'm paler. I don't think it would suit people with deeper, more tan skintones as it would register very white and pink on them.

This is great for highlighting under the eyes (but not right undeneath the lashline because the white-ish pigment of this pen can give you a tired look.) You should definitely not overdo it with this pen because you could end up with a reverse panda eye look. If you use a small amount on the high points of the face it does give the most natural highlight, which looks as if it were your own. I like to add some to the top of the cheekbones and then add a bit of a shimmery pearly highlight on top for a subtle romantic look.

This isn't a concealer and it doesn't cover anything, so you need to use a proper concealer in conjunction with it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This has become a staple in my morning makeup routine by accident. A friend gave this to me because it was too light for her, and I now use it every single day. When I first used it, I was taken back by how well it covered dark areas. It's really great and lightweight for use at the corners of eyes, around the nose, around the lips, and above/below the brows. This wouldn't be my number one for use as an all around concealer, but it COULD work as one if you forget your normal concealer or if you're in a hurry. It does a pretty decent job to cover redness/blemishes as well as working to lightly conceal dark circles(and mine are pretty purple/dark).

I use this pen on my eyes too before applying shadow since it's so handy being a clickable pen. I'd probably give it a 3/5 on how well it works to keep eyeshadow on(I'm not sure how many uses this pen is supposed to have lol)

This is definitely a repurchase for me.

I have very yellow-toned skin, however this is still workable providing that you use your concealer or foundation atop of it. I don't ever use full-coverage products so this is not a problem for me.

I really loved what this product did to brighten my skin as a highlight, without the shimmer. However, it sadly broke me out. I tried this on and off for over a year and it definitely is this product.

I didnt intentionally mean to buy this, it was on a whim kind of thing and I am so glad I did. The packaging is uber sleek, the tip applicator is lovely and soft then the twist mechanism that pumps up the product is super easy to use.

I absolutely adore the awakening look it gives on top of my Pro Longwear concealer in NW20 that hides my dark circles on NC25 skin (I use pink tones to neutralise the dark areas) or just alone with minimal makeup to freshen my face.

Cons would be you can't see how much product is left and the price is a little exy.. But I am happy to repurchase as it has became a must have over the YSL Touche Eclat.

All in all - Hands down, great job once again MAC!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

LOVE this product for highlighting under the eye. It isn't as heavy as the concealer I previously used and it does a better job. Definitely will be purchasing again!