MAC Candy Yum-Yum

4.5

Candy, rainbows and Unicorns

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Already bought a backup. No more words for this beautiful, bright, hot, flawless neon pink. I wear this on night outs as well, but not often at work or school. If you love colours that makes people focus on your appearance, go buy it. Now!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have Candy Yum Yum LIPGLASS; I did not see a place for it in Pville (only lipstick & lipliner). This is a fun way to jump into the brights w/o going full on neon AND matte at the same time, I find the glossiness to make it a bit less severe/harsh but a little more sexy & the effect is more Barbie adult film female lead but in a good way! I got this becoz I'm trying to get out of my comfort zone of MLBB/nudes/beiges & brown lippies & get a little more daring & adventurous. I can't think of too many more adventurous pinks out there. This is almost a watermelon shade on me very Nicki Minaj (well Nicki had her own VG's 1 was a similar color to CYY & VGNicki2 was a pale lavender grey which I ordered both blind & returned #2 which if ur looking 4 a dupe for #2 the Sephora Pantone 2016 l/s in Rose Quartz is somewhat close!). I can't wait til to see what kind of male att'n this will garner & attract! I feel flirty in this l/g it's a fun semi sheer not 100% opaque neon pink color I'm NC20 LLL & I think this would look gr8 on CCC/summer tan. I'm glad this is a part of the ("P") line no longer "LE" any longer w the fleabay free trade enterprising individuals participating in ridic price gouging! So unfair! So little supply w huge cult like demand following no longer unrequited devotion! We can now freely indulge!

To Read all 169 Reviews, Login or Join

Candy Yum Yum (I love the name!) is a very bright, almost neon, pink lipstick from MAC. It has a matte finish, and it is quite drying on the lips. However, the colour is to die for! It can be applied thickly to get a bright, glowing, neon pink colour which will certainly make you stand out in a crowd. Perfect for clubbing or days where you need a pick-me-up. However, it can also be applied lightly by dabbing it onto the lips, and this will transform it into a bright, Barbie pink colour which is more wearable in the daytime. I like to wear the colour both ways, but the versatility of the colour is a huge bonus, particularly as I bought it on a whim and wasn't sure how often I could wear it. Due to these two different methods of applying, I can wear it for many occassions. The application is smooth and easy no matter how you apply it. It is also an extremely long lasting lipstick that survives through drinking and eating. It has the delicious signature MAC vanilla smell. This is a bit of a 'cult favourite' colour and I can see why! It is my favourite bright pink lipstick and definitely a colour Barbie would own. Everyone needs a bit of Candy Yum Yum in their lives!

on 8/29/2015 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

The color is very pigmented and very pretty;however, it's such a shocking pink that I felt like it darkened my eyes and face and make me look very dramatic like I was wearing a face full of makeup even when only applying this lipstick. Also, this lipstick is VERY drying even for a matte.

on 8/19/2015 4:28:00 PM

El color es hermoso, no es completamente mate, lo que no me gusta y por lo que no lo volverķa a comprar es por que cada ve que lo uso se me resecan los labios horrible

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

beautiful colour but not good for extremely pale skin and big lips. I found this colour was very hard to use by it's self i usually have to mute the color with a nude lip. This lipstick is very hard to wear lips have to be in very good condition as they can't be chapped or dry as dis color will just emphasize these problems

on 7/9/2015 3:48:00 PM

I have the original Candy Yum Yum which was a bit more white based, and a tad more neon. That being said, I do not know if you would be able to tell the difference once it is actually on your lips.

This was originally a shade I'd reserve for nights out or on Halloween. I was very timid when it came to pinks and corals for some strange reason.

However, this pink does liven up the face. I would attempt this shade with caution, as it may make certain skintones seem rather sallow (as it does with mine. My skin leans quite yellow) and may yellow teeth.

So I say, approach this with caution and if you love it, go full speed ahead.

Texture is a normal Mac Matte, tad drying, long lasting.

on 6/15/2015 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Cool

Purchased the CYY trio after falling in love with Pink Pigeon. CYY is Pink Pigeon's younger, funner, more frivolous sister, the latter of which I have already composed a more in-depth review. It looks fantastic on my porcelain skin and complements my raven hair and hazel eyes. Colour lasts exceptionally well and even more so when I team it with Smashbox's 24 hour primer. It is beautiful and definitely makes you stand out from the crowd. Got plenty of looks from both men and women. Team it with a cute black dress or a pink skirt to feel super girlie.

on 5/30/2015 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Enough has been said by others concerning the color, texture, wearability, etc. I just wanted to add that I've completely used up two of these (scooped out to totally empty with a lip brush) and recently purchased my third tube. I've rarely worn it by itself, but do wear it regularly as a base to brighten up or lighten up other lipsticks. My favorite combination is to apply, blot. and then put Revlon Fire and Ice over top. It is a very flattering color combination, and the price is most definitely right!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

So this is probably one of the most pigmented lipstick I've ever tried... it literally has trouble coming off my lips even if I've worn it all day. Cons it can smudge around your lips. But yeah.. it's like a lip tattoo.. in bright pink. Definitely not to be used if you're going for a no makeup look.