The Body Shop Gently Purify Clarifying Clay Mask (Wasabi, algae, and Dead Sea mud)

Filtered by skin type : Normal
No Image

3.0

1 review

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 7/18/2011 6:19:00 PM

I received this as a gift last christmas in a secret santa exchange, so I can't comment on the price.

I tried it once on a clean face, I started spreading it on my cheeks (thin layer!) and not even before I finished it started feeling quite warm. Of course, since the packaging said it was a warming mask I figured no problem and continued putting it on... well, next thing I know it felt like my skin was burning to the point where my eyes watered from the heat. I immediately washed it off. The areas where I managed to get the mask onto was bright pink and very sensitive after I cleaned it... Maybe I'm extremely thin skinned, but I couldn't even manage to wear it on my face for a minute let alone the recommended fifteen. The spot on my face where I had the mask on felt super dry, peeling, sensitive and rough for the next few days.

I tried it again though, figuring it probably wasn't meant for the face if I had such a bad experience with it so I took it with me into the shower (in case I had to do an emergency rinse like my first attempt) a few weeks later to use on my arms and collar/neck areas. It was still warm, and my skin was still pink after I washed it off, but I did manage to keep it on for a good ten or so minutes and my arms and neck area did feel a lot smoother and soothed.

So, I wouldn't recommend people with sensitive skin or thin skin on their face to use this as a facial mask, but as a little something extra for the rest of your body.