Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm - Pink Blossom

Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm - Pink Blossom
Tinted Lip Balm - Pink BlossomBurst bees pink blossom

4.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is my favourite chapstick/lipstick combo. Feels lovely and moisturising, nice natural colour. Really really great.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Does not contain sunscreen which is the only downfall of this product (Burt's Bees website claims this is anti-aging).

The ingredients are great and more importantly, it works. My parched lips are smooth and moisturized.

It is very oily as opposed to waxy like chapstick. Therefore it has to be applied more often. Although it feels oily, it does not feather outside my lipline into any wrinkles.

The color is so beautiful on my NC15 fair skin. My lip color is splotchy pigmented and it evens out the color. It is a sheer wash of color, but it makes my lips look naturally luscious pink.

Although you can find lots of great balm for under $7, I will buy this again because my lips not only feel good, the color makes them look fantastic.

on 12/15/2013 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Boy was this ever a find. I purchased Chanel Coco Lip Shine in Boy which was beautiful but lasted all of 10 minutes and was not hydrating at all. So I was on the hunt for a substitute and this fits the bill wonderfully The hydration is great and the colour is a rosy pink which brightens and looks natural. This lasts about 4 hours both the moisturizing and the colour. It is not just for weekends. I rated it a 4 because it has a plastic taste on initial application and that disappears over time.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I've been looking forever for a product like this. A lip balm that adds a subtle amount of pink to my lips. Love it!!

on 6/5/2013 5:10:00 PM

Very moisturizing, not sticky at all. Very sheer color, but not invisible. Looks very natural and is a perfect touch-up to your makeup! I just think any tube of wax that you put on your lips should be priced under $2-$3. Wish it would stay on just a little bit longer, I do touch it up often.

It is a great product - moisturizing and not sticky, very discreet color (i tried Pink Blossom) and scent. I really liked it and i'm looking forward to try other shades as well. Might be a bit too light for cold weather but now, in the end of May, it is perfect.
Not the most glamorous packaging though, but it has some vintage appeal.

on 2/13/2013 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I thought this was a nice product but not great until I figured out a trick to do with this that makes my lips look a lot larger and the color even better. I first apply burt's bees sun protecting lip balm in spf 8 to my lips. This leaves them with a white cast like all natural sunblock for lips often does. However, on top of that I then apply this tinted lip balm. The result is that the white layer underneath tones down the color of the tinted balm enough to make it look really natural on and for some reason (filling in all the lines/cracks in my lips?) this duo makes my lips look a lot plumper. Better than those expensive lip plumping glosses (and I've tried almost all of those). Sometimes for an extra full look I dab a little pearly gloss in the center of my lips. These two lip balms combined give me the perfect color, make my lips look bigger and also keep my lips really hydrated. By itself I find this balm nice but the color is easy to overdo when just using the one balm. It is really hydrating on though.

on 7/15/2012 4:26:00 AM

A lot of people are complaining because these cost around $7 each, well in Australia they cost $15 which s just ridiculous!! I would never have bought this based on the pricing, but I received this product in hibiscus for my b-day and i have to say it's great. Usually i have to choose between color or balm (I find balms make my lip color wear off really quickly) which means dry and flaky lips in winter, but this means you can have subtle color and healthy lips. I would buy this for $7, but I think $15 is just ott!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have to say that this lip balm surprised me. I normally love Burt's Bees lip products but when these tinted lip balms came out I thought they were too pricey. I figured no lip balm can be worth $7. So I decided to swap for this item (brand new) and I actually love it! The formula is sooo incredibly moisturizing and has a nice slip to it. The lasting power is very good for a tinted lip balm. I also love the color - Pink Blossom is the perfect MLBB color on me, and it has no shimmer whatsoever which I like. I think it would make a good base for another lip color or with a lip gloss over it too. I would go as far as to say that this is the best tinted balm I've ever tried (and I've tried Korres lip butter as well as many others). I think this is making my HG lip product list. And most definitely an item I'd purchase in the future - it turns out it is worth the price afterall imo :)

on 5/28/2011 1:41:00 PM

I REALLY like this product! First of all its a really nice barbie pink and if you layer it can become much more vibrant. Its hydrating, but not as moisturizing as the original Burt's Bees formula. However for a tinted lip balm I'm absolutely in LOVE!