Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm - Pink Blossom

Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm - Pink Blossom
Tinted Lip Balm - Pink BlossomBurst bees pink blossom

4.1

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/17/2016 7:37:00 PM

After many, many years...and many wasted dollars...and many discarded barely used tubes....the search for my HG tinted lip balm is over. I've been bypassing the Burts Bees tinted balms for years-after a bad experience with their lip shimmers years back. Those burned my lips and left them frosty and sparkly. Then a couple years ago I tried one of these in a shade I hated...I think it was Tiger Lily-looked awful on me. A couple weeks ago, tried Hibiscus-not a fan. But THIS!
This is the perfect shade I've been looking for forever. That being said-it's sheer and pretty much the exact shade of my natural lip color which is already a pigmented reddish pink. If anything this might be a tad lighter than my natural lips-but it evens every thing out for me as my lips can look a bit splotchy sometimes. So this is one sheer shiny beautiful layer of pinky perfection.
One thing that kept me from trying this sooner is that the shade of the cap is a light pink-and I'm afraid of using anything lighter than my natural lip color as that tends to wash me out. But inside-as you can see from the photo of the opened tube (I shoulda looked here sooner obviously) it's actually a darker pink. A medium shade I guess. But so, so natural looking.
As a balm it's hydrating yet light and slippery the way I like it. For daytime anyway...at night I use a thicker heavy duty cocoa butter balm. This is strictly for feeling pretty. LOVE IT and I need to go buy 100 more tubes in case they ever stop producing

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this tinted balm. I love the glossy, fresh look it gives. I tend to wear pretty light "no makeup" makeup so this goes perfectly with that look. I have several of these tinted balms as they're so affordable!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Good quality lip balm. It is has more of a thin, greasy feel, rather than waxy. This particular shade is a sheer cool-toned rosy pink. My lips are naturally a bit rosy, so the colour doesn't show up on me very well, but this would probably suit paler lips. The scent is a bit sweet and chemically, though pleasant.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

My to-go lipstick. As a lip balm it's nice but don't expect miracles. The air in my house gets pretty dry during winter because of the heaters and no lip balm I've tried so far could prevent my lips getting a little chapped. I just keep it at a minimum level with a gentle lip peeling and lip balm, and Burt's Bees works just fine for that.

As a lipstick it's really good for me. I'm very pale and a lot of lipsticks, even in pink color looks too much on my face, but this one just leaves a natural-look while giving some color. I also love its scent. As long as Burt's Bees continue to make it I will probably buy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is my favourite chapstick/lipstick combo. Feels lovely and moisturising, nice natural colour. Really really great.

on 8/23/2016 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

An absolute HG for me. I wear minimal makeup and love anything that enhances my natural features, which this does beautifully. The color is absolutely perfect on my pale (slightly yellow under-toned) skin. It's my lips but better. It has great pigmentation and a smooth creamy texture that feels lovely on the lips. I wear this everyday and have at least 3 tubes scattered between my car, purse, and home. I HATE lipstick, like actually hate it. It is beautiful on others but I just don't feel I can pull it off, especially since I'm always snacking on something. It always smears all over my teeth/face and I end up looking like the joker - not cute. I never have this problem with the Burt's Bees tinted lip balm. The smell and taste is a little funny but nothing I can't live with.

pros:
-beautiful color
-smooth texture
-keeps lips smooth and soft
-natural ingredients

cons:
-a little pricey for balm, but not for lipstick I guess
-smell/taste isn't the best

***** EDIT *****
Not only is this stuff still my favorite HG lip color/balm, it is now my HG cream blush as well. With a clean ring finger, I dab some onto my cheeks and it is just as beautiful as on my lips. It really pulls your whole look together to have the same color on your lips and cheeks. It is perfect for my everyday "no makeup" look. Super natural, fresh, and dewy looking. I also don't have to worry about how it will effect my skin because it has gentle natural ingredients. I will never be without this little multi-purpose gem. LOVE LOVE LOVE <3

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Does not contain sunscreen which is the only downfall of this product (Burt's Bees website claims this is anti-aging).

The ingredients are great and more importantly, it works. My parched lips are smooth and moisturized.

It is very oily as opposed to waxy like chapstick. Therefore it has to be applied more often. Although it feels oily, it does not feather outside my lipline into any wrinkles.

The color is so beautiful on my NC15 fair skin. My lip color is splotchy pigmented and it evens out the color. It is a sheer wash of color, but it makes my lips look naturally luscious pink.

Although you can find lots of great balm for under $7, I will buy this again because my lips not only feel good, the color makes them look fantastic.

on 10/9/2014 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Love this!!! It's the perfect pink for me! A lit of soft pinks look corpse-like on me, or pepto-bismol. This is soft, creamy, long-lasting and divine!

Love this! So much better than a lipstick! It moisturizes and has great pigmentation.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

For a lip balm it has great pigmentation. You have to reapply it because it does not last all day. Your lips feel soft and creamy specially great for winter time. The packaging is really cute with a nice message written on it. This product should be on one's purse always.