Organix Ever Straight Brazilian Keratin Therapy Organix 30 Day Smoothing Treatment

2.8

on 7/13/2016 4:30:00 PM

I really like this product for making my hair silky and soft. I have very curly, fine, shoulder length hair which I've been blowing out for YEARS. Luckily my hair is already pretty manageable. I use this product every couple of months or so, and I don't use very much at all-- just a couple of squirts to run through the ends of my hair and around my ears (the hardest part to keep straight). I'm giving it 4/5 because of the lack of straightening overall, but I am thrilled with the softness. I think this product may be discontinued? I haven't seen it in store in a long time. I hope it's still around!

on 3/11/2015 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I tried this treatment in 2012. There are many people that would find fault with this product but I was quite satisfied for the most part. The instructions were easy to follow, and blow drying was like a dream. My blow drying time was cut in half, taking about 20 minutes instead of 45. However, the flat ironing process and everything that came after that was pretty tedious. I used the highest setting of heat, and straightened small sections of hair a total of 10 times. But that’s a lot of sections and it took a lot of time!!! Afterwards my hair felt very waxy, but was quite shiny. The treatment had to then be kept in the hair for 48 hours and then washed out to be blow dried and flat ironed again. I experienced no reversion while my hair was straight until the humidity levels shot up like a madman. Also, 95% of my “curl” was not eliminated; 60% maybe. I would recommend this product to anyone who wants to escape the price of a professional BKT and those who may have a problem with frizz or blow drying their hair altogether. All in all, I would buy it again, but it’s not something I need or can’t live without. I was happy with the results though, minus my hair reverting when the weather got humid.

For a more in depth review, you can check out my blogpost: http://teayii.blogspot.com/2013/07/review-organix-brazilian-keratin.html

To Read all 91 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/28/2014 8:13:00 AM

not work for me waste time and money

on 11/17/2014 1:57:00 AM

I used this product last month. My hair looked very nice for the first two days, it was very nice, sleek and straight but after I washed my hair again, it was back to the frizzy, poofy mess! I tried again, and I got the exact same thing. It really shouldn't be called "30-day straight" if it only lasts for two. It only cost $14, but that it a waste since the product didn't do what it was advertised as.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

- the containers for the shampoo and product need to be see through, who gives a shit about the box. One star because the model has nice brows.

- take '...oversaturate' literally.

-took a while to dry, i (have a quiet expensive bd, said to dry in 1/2 the time as a normal one). I bd with settings 2&3 on a 1-3 scale.

-bd HOTTER on the roots ~~~> flatiron/smoke your ends later

-Yo, Ahora: in day 1
-products used (in order): sheer blonde shampoo; 2 steps of product shampoo; rinse WELL w whatever temp u want; towel dry DONT RUFFLE YOUR HAIR turn your head over throw the towel over your neck, wrap up your halo of hair, til hair 80% dry

-80% means your hair needs to be damp to the ends, not dripping. Ends are SATURATED w water but not dripping. Diff times for diff ppl.

-the leave in product: BLACK/KINKY/TIGHT CURLS LIKE THE BIRACIAL GIRL FROM THE CHEERIOS COMMERCIAL, add MORE, as usual, if we're using white people products.
White girls, less is more honey, slather but don't slobber, yaknow?
Both of you- brush your shit out w a paddle brush from ends to scalp, then brush hair EASILY w round brush, wind hair down to scalp in round brush, FOCUS THE HEAT ON YOUR ROOTS, IF YOUR ROOTS ARE UNRULY YOU LOSE THE GAME. feel free to use the paddlebrush. Use the concentrator on your bd or get one. Blowdry hair like you see on tv, brush it out, have the paddlebrush start @ roots, marry the blowdry nozzle and rub dwn a THINLY SECTIONED PIECE OF HAIR-- AND ALL HAIRS ARE IN THE SAME PLANE. :)

-Oh, section your hair and have like plastic clips to hold them up before you do this

-i read somewhere dont use CHI? Something about ceramic sucking up the shit. I used my old dusty trusty tourmalline from H.S. Hottest setting, please.

-burn the FUCK out your hair and pull that flatiron down straight. There should be smoke. Hit the nape and edges, around ears. Thats what ppl notice when you flirtatiously play with your hair/put it up.

UPDATE! I love this i love this i love this.

I recommend: john frieda gloss (use on dry hair, sit for 20m); john frieda (insert your hair color here) shampoo; tresseme anti breakage with b12 and gelatin; chi infra treatment; dollar store VO5 CLARIFYING SHAMPOO (yes I said do a clarifying shampoo after all that-- the treatment will only work if you've clarified all the excess layers of stuff you've done).

Final Update (After 2nd use)
I used it again after 30 days. I used a 450 F flat iron to seal the product in and I think it made all the difference.

Results : I blow dryed and flat ironed my hair after the wash.
1) I did not lose my curl pattern - my hair still had waves in it. It hadn't become completely straight
2) less blow drying and flat iron time
3) my hair looks smooth, shiny and has the "healthy" look to it. It kind of has a nice swing to it - my hair has more movement and it is more fluid.
4) It is holding up well without frizzing up in humidity.

Cons : it has horrible wet dog stench to it after washing, its just horrendous and unbearable.

Final thoughts:
I may purchase this again because you cant go wrong for $15 and I really like this product .
But the effects are not long lasting . I'd rather buy a $50 product whose effect last for 3 months or so. Its a PITA to do this treatment every month.
That being said, I'd recommend this for anyone looking for a smoothing treatment on budget and formaldehyde free . This product is worth its price.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Updat week 2-3

My hair is starting to feel normal already (partly because I got into the pool a few days back - i think the chlorinated water ruined the treatment). The back of my hair is starting to get frizzy, rest of the hair is fine(no frizz). And my hair is getting poofy (1 lippie off for that :( )

My ends are starting to look brassy and fried , they seemed healthy right after the treatment.

All in all - i think you get what you pay for. But do try this product ,its a decent treatment for the price .

Will I buy this again? I dont know. I am gonna try doing this again with a 450 flat iron after 30 days and i'll see if its any better the second time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've always been interested in trying out keratin treatments since I've heard about them. I dont have 300$ to shell out for bkt at salon and decided to do a at home keratin treatment. So, i got this - you know, just to test the waters

What I was looking for : I have a 2b-ish wavy, thick , asian hair. I wanted to cut down my blow drying time. It takes 30-45 minutes and its a PITA trying to tame down the frizzies and also relax my waves.

About the process : Few observations
I did not notice any fumes but the smell is certainly not pleasant. Please do it in a well ventilated area.
Do it when you have time . It is plain torture to just sit for 48 hours with a helmet head and trying to straighten out the kinks.

Results :
My blowdrying time was cut to 15 mins !! I was ecstatic. And it was a breeze to blow dry my hair. I blow dry it with a round brush and its always me sweating, huffing and puffing every mornig. I love this stuff !

Curl pattern - I havent air dryed my hair. But my curl pattern remained the same on wet hair, so I dont think this did anything to straighten my waves. I used a 410 F flat iron to straighten my hair during the process .

Frizz - NADA. I mean this is awesome. I dont know how long this is gonna last but I live in a pretty humid city (60%-70% humidity) and my hair is holding up pretty well

Texture - Now this is what bummed me. I dont know if this is the heat damage (due to obsessively trying to striaghten out the kinks) or me skipping the argan oil (i just used my redken heat protectant) , the texture of my hair seemed a bit rougher than usual. :(

Smell - I did not see any smell post wash. My hair smells like my shampoo ( organix keratin shampoo)

So far, I am impressed and I will update on the longevity of the treatment.The only con so far is the 48 hour wait period with a smelly hair.

on 7/14/2014 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I read all of the reviews (positive and negative) and they were very helpful. I did not expect for my hair to be straight without blow drying and flat ironing. It's not "naturally straight" due to the treatment. It is, however, noticeably easier to blow out and flat iron. The improvement in frizz is HUGE. I've always struggled with frizz, especially in the Summer, and this product is so helpful. I can tell you that if you live at the beach, it might not hold up to beach humidity. The first week after I did the treatment, I was at the beach and my hair stayed relatively frizz free when it wasn't super humid but did frizz up when it was very humid. That's why I didn't give it 5 lippies, but maybe I'm expecting too much! When I got back home (DC suburb), I was thrilled. It's very humid here in the summer and my hair has been looking really good. It's been 3 weeks and it's looking just as good as when I first did the treatment. I do wash my hair every other day for the most part, so maybe that helps with staying power. I'm using sulfate free products - both Organix and also Loreal Oleo Therapy shampoos and conditioners.

Regarding the application: I took the advice of some reviewers and was careful not to oversaturate my hair with the treatment. I applied it as I would a leave-in conditioner. I have armpit length hair (and a lot of it), and I'd say I used half of the treatment. Which is great, because now I have a second application. Can't beat that for a grand total of $15! As to the smell of the treatment, it is not pretty but it's not too terrible. I'd say slightly more than medium stinky ;). I used my Karmin tourmaline flat iron, which goes up to 450 degrees. I would say I did 5 or 6 passes with iron for each section of hair, not 7-10 as the directions specify. Just my preference at the time and it worked out fine. All in all, the entire treatment - from shampoo to finishing flat ironing - took me just over an hour. I've been blowing out and flat ironing my hair for years, so maybe that helped. I was very strict about waiting the 48 hours to shampoo and ended up waiting an extra 10 hours or so (waited till the morning after the 48 hours were up). My hair looked semi-decent after 48 hours but was not presentable by the next morning. It felt great to shampoo it!

All in all, I am very happy with the results of this product. I've recommended it to friends and will use it again! My hair feels and looks great and it's so nice to go out and come back home and my hair still looks good despite the humidity!

on 1/18/2014 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely LOVE this product. To be honest, after reading reviews about the horrible smell, leaving hair greasy and how difficult it is to apply, I almost decided not to use it! But I did pay for it so I decided to try it myself. I am SO glad I did because it is amazing!

I think those that had problems with greasy nasty hair and toxic smell used WAY too much of the straightening product. Also, you have to be sure your hair is towel dried with no dripping. I treated this product as I would a leave in conditioner. I used sparingly (since I knew I wouldn't be washing it out) I made sure I used enough to coat it and of course combed it through really well. I combed it the entire 30 minutes of the leave in time. Then I blow dried it and used the flat iron. No hassle whatsoever. It was super easy to use! Easier than coloring products. Pretty much like a styling product or a leave in conditioner.

FYI
I Hispanic. My hair is dark, long with a bit of wave and a little damaged. I bought it to defrizz and tame it. The fly aways and frizz have just been awful. This product made it look just like the girl on the box. No more friz, no more fly aways, just straight, sleek and gorgeous.

I will definitely buy it again.

After I moved down South, I immediately began struggling with the humidity and the constant frizzy state of my normally tame hair. I tried a few moisturizing serums and conditioners and nothing tamed the frizz, so I bought this product. However, I was not interested in having straight hair, just frizz-free. I straightened my hair according to the directions, waited a day, and then used a flat-iron on braids and twists in order to regain my waves. After washing my hair around the 40 hour mark and applying an anti-frizz serum, my hair was good to go--wavy, shiny, and frizz-less. However, I do not dye or use heat on my hair, so those who do might have more unruly results.

on 12/22/2013 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So I have never been happy with my curls..not since the 90's anyway.
I read the reviews and thought I would still try this..I was really ok with having
waves left..not pin straight. Well, I did this about 4 months ago and my hair is still
a big mess. Of course I want my curls back..no such luck..my hair now looks sort of
like I have a really bad perm...waves here..straight there..and my curls are underneath(obviously missed the underside of my hair when I applied).
I dont know how long it will be until the curls come back..I may have to relayer
and just cut out the damage. I will not recommend nor repurchase.