Rosewater by Heritage Products

Rosewater by Heritage Products
Rose Petals Rosewater by Heritage Products

4.6

Vor Mag Water, Hydroessential Rose Oil

This simple, unglamarous product is one of my few must-haves in my arsenal. I won't ever be without this stuff.

First: yes, it smells like roses. It's rosewater. I keep seeing people complain about the scent. Don't buy rosewater if you don't like rose scent. I'm not sure why this is taking people by surprise. I enjoy the smell because it is true, authentic rose, like smelling the flower - not fake, powdery, or overpowering. The smell lingers for a few minutes after using, then dissipates. It doesn't stay with you all day.

The packaging is okay. The sprayers can be inconsistent: sometimes I get one that sprays a very fine, even mist and sometimes I get one that squirts out in more of a stream. Luck of the draw, I guess, but I've had more good ones than bad. The packaging isn't pretty, but for how great this is and the low price, I don't care.

I mostly use this as a toner on my face. I spritz it on after cleansing, morning and night, and it helps to calm my skin, reduce redness, and add a bit of hydration. It dries quickly and leaves no tackiness. I sometimes use it as a makeup setting spray if I feel like my makeup has turned out a little too heavy or powdery. On summer days, I'll spritz it on my face and body throughout the day to refresh and cool my skin.

I also like to mix this with oils to "cut" them. Take a few drops of the oil of your choice, add a spritz or two of this, and the oil becomes more spreadable and more readily absorbed. I do this for both face and body, and it makes oil much easier and more enjoyable to apply.

Lastly, I like this in my hair. I have curly/wavy hair, and if I need to dampen my hair to refresh it, I like to use this vs. plain water. I feel like it works better, and it smells nicer, too.

I'll keep repurchasing this forever. I'm sure other brands of rosewater work just as well, but this one is inexpensive and easy to find, so I'll stick with this one.

on 1/31/2017 11:58:00 PM

I use this everyday, several times a day...I also use the rosewater/glycerin from Heritage. I was using Mario Badescu rosewater until I realized it contains red dye, blue dye, hexalyne glycol alcohol, and butelyne...umm no thanks, too much alcohol for a product created to use several times a day..Heritage is void of all that junk, and a natural product. I have purchased at least 15-20 bottles of this over the last 2 yrs, and cannot be without it. I set my makeup with it, I spray it on my brushes before use, spray my Beauty Blender before use, I spray it at night as my final cleansing/moisturizing step to seal in all the moisture of my moisturizer and serum, and a few times throughout the day to freshen my makeup.

I try to write all my reviews the same way I'd like to see reviews, so first off here are my stats:
- 18 years old
- Combination skin, oily t-zone and slightly dry cheeks
- Acne prone, especially to black heads
- Some acne scarring (hyperpigmintation)

This is basically the most perfect toner, make up setter, whatever!

Pros
- Spritz bottle is convenient + the rose colored bottle
- Smells heavenly
- Just two ingredients: rose oil and water!
- If you've applied makeup too cakey, just do one or two spritz and it'll help immensely
- The most universal toner you'll ever experience, I usually spritz this after applying tea tree oil on my face as well as neck and chest, it's cooling and soothing
- If you're hot throughout the day don't hesitate to use this!
- Super cheap

Cons
- Gallon size needed!!

I mostly bought this as an aromatherapy pick-me-up to keep in my purse; rose is a natural antidepressant and stress reliever. I work in a hospital and strong fragrances aren't allowed. I can spritz myself with 10-20 sprays of Heritage Rosewater and enjoy the fresh, light rose scent... which dissipates almost completely within 5 minutes, so I don't offend my patients. It lasts slightly longer on clothing, but still only an hour, tops. I wouldn't buy this expecting to use it as a perfume or body spray, despite what the label states, unless you are content to smell like nothing at all after a few minutes.

I do use this as a facial mist, as well, although I haven't noticed any amazing changes in my skin. I don't have any irritation or rosecea on my skin; I've heard rosewater is helpful for those conditions but I wouldn't know. Mostly, it just feels refreshing and smells good for a brief moment in time. Sometimes, that's all you want.

The only ingredients in this product are water and natural rose extract-- no alcohol, no synthetic fragrances. My daughter adds it to her sparkling water because she loves the Indian-inspired flavor of rosewater! It's a bit expensive for that purpose, though. The translucent hot-pink bottle is adorable. Would definitely recommend this as a refreshing in-the-moment aromatherapy treat that won't leave you with a lingering fragrance. I might be trolling my local Indian grocery soon to see if they sell cheaper alternatives, as I suspect this product suffers from Whole Paycheck Markup Syndrome.

on 10/9/2017 1:33:00 PM

I love this product. Yes, it is expensive, which is a little annoying, but I feel it's worth it because it's such an awesome multitasker. I keep one bottle of this in my fridge, next to my huge bottle of witch hazel. I like to use the cold witch hazel as a toner after cleansing or using masks, and I follow this with a spritz of cold rose water and let my skin rest for a while before putting on any moisturizer or whatever. If my eyes are puffy or irritated from allergies or crying, I'll use eyedrops and then moisten two cotton rounds with the witch hazel and rosewater and leave them on my eyes for a few minutes. (Be careful- witch hazel stings a bit if you get it in your eyes!) This feels super comforting and rejuvenating.

I also keep one in my purse- I really like to spritz this on my face as a pick-me-up in the middle of the day. I also like to use this on my hair; followed by a drop of Argan oil, and then I'll braid or bun it and leave it. When I wear makeup, I use this as a makeup setting spray, but if you like a super-matte, powdery look then stay away because this looks really glowy and moisturizer. I like the glowy, fresh look of moisturized skin so this really works well for me. I think this has helped keep my skin clear; but I do so much to keep my skin clear already it's hard to tell. But aside from that, I feel like this makes my skin just look healthier. Maybe I'm imagining things but I feel like this has made my skin tone more even too.

All in all, I love this product. I love the scent and how it leaves my skin and hair feeling really clean, comforted and moisturized. Great for use as a toner, a pick-me-up, smoothing frizzies, and setting makeup. I also spritz this on my pillow before bed to leave a pretty scent.

Also, a side note. IT'S SO PRETTY AND PINK AND GIRLY!! How can I not love the neon pink bottle?? Makes me feel good just to look at it, lol.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I gave this product 3 stars cause I feel like it's overrated. I guess I was expecting too much, lol, but to me it's just a really nice smelling mist in a bottle for $7. I guess it's refreshing for a hot summer day or if you have a sunburn, allergic reaction, etc. but to me it's not all that worth it. I do love the smell of roses though, but that's about it. I feel like I'd rather make a green tea spray or cucumber spray which is free (since I have it in my house already) and it'd feel just as refreshing with the same effects.

on 9/26/2012 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is absolutely enchanting. I bought it from iherb for a very fair price along with a rose absolute blend, and together they create the most beautiful scent. I use it on my face as a finishing spray after applying my mineral foundation, and it makes my skin look dewy and fresh. It is also a very pure product, so I feel safe spraying this on my skin. The spray itself is also really good, creating an even layer that is just damp enough to tone your face without ruining makeup.

Rose oil is also known as a "multitasker" for women. Not only is the scent calming and alluring at the same time, but it is also an anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory agent that soothes and cleanses the surface of the skin. It is also beneficial for the hormone levels, being good for the reproductive system and for a healthy menstruation cycle. Is it also used to treat insomnia, mood swings, stress and even depression. Pure rose oil is very heady and can cause headaches and even nausea, but this is diluted and so soft that you can use it as much as you like.

Will definitely repurchase, and I'm tempted to try the other versions out there as well. (Jasmine, rose water with glycerine, lavender and orange water). Great quality for such a fair price!

on 1/30/2012 2:40:00 PM

I love this rosewater! I've been buying this product for years. It has no alcohol, no witch hazel, no aloe, nothing but simple rosy freshness and water. For my super dry skin, that is a major plus. I use it in these ways: before moisturizing to help thick creams sink in, after applying makeup to help set it and give it a dewy look, to freshen hair and prevent split ends by spritzing the ends of dry hair and sealing in with a small amount of conditioner, to help my daughter's fine/flyaway hair comb back into a tidy ponytail, as a refreshing pick-me-up, as a moisturizing mist in dry air (like planes or when indoor heat is running). When static cling is a problem, I can can calm it with a little mist of rosewater. And it smells great too! Just a light scent of fresh rose petals. Definitely a holy grail product for me. I can't recommend it enough.

on 5/22/2018 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'd contemplated buying this product for a while. One day it was on sale at my local farmer's market (the 8fl oz bottle was $8) so I went for it. The ingredients are as follows: "Vor-mag Water (water that has been vortexed & magnetized to raise the energy to a higher vibration that we believe to be more beneficial) & Rosa Damascena (Hydroessential Rose) Flower Oil." Being my extra self, this spoke to me (along with the fact that the bottle touts the claim that this has been used in Edgar Cayce Readings... like yes. I am here for that.)

As a child I disliked rose scents. As a teenager I had an abusive ex who loved roses, so I developed a negative association with roses in general. IDK what changed (maybe getting older, acquiring a more developed scent palette, & healing from the past) but I started becoming obsessed with rose-scented things. They just smell so good to me now. So I use this rosewater mainly to spritz on my face before bed, to relax. Especially in the summer it feels so nice & is a welcome relief from the Texas heat. I'll sometimes use it as a body splash or to freshen up a room. On the Heritage Products website it says it can also be used for cooking, bathing, or to dilute oils for skincare.

In my experience, this stuff lasts forever. The rose smell itself dissipates fairly quickly (it's not a perfume or anything by any means)... but as for the actual rosewater spray itself... I use it often, have had my current bottle for at least 6 months, & I'm still have about 75% of the bottle left. The packaging is sturdy with a good pump, & simple, so it matches my aesthetic. When I run out I'll definitely repurchase because it's an inexpensive & easy way to get my rose fix.

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

So glad I finally tried this! I can spray to my hearts content on my sensitive skin and it doesnt bother me. I use mostly on my face, but the bottle says you can use this as a body spray as well. I love that I can spray on for a little scented pick me up when out and about. I wear flip flops all day... I usually carry baby wipes to wipe street grime from my feet. This would make a great spritz for after that. Will definitely repurchase!

Popular Fragrances