Rosewater by Heritage Products

Vor Mag Water, Hydroessential Rose Oil

on 3/15/2012 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is such a wonderful multi-purpose product, I don't know what I'd do without it. Cheap too, $8 for an 8oz bottle on Amazon though the big bottle doesn't have a spritzer. That's fine, since I decant into a smaller bottle anyway. Only two ingredients--water, and rose, that's it. It's incredibly gentle, slightly astringent, and just moisturizing enough to neither strip my skin nor make it feel greasy. I use this in numerous ways: setting my makeup, as a gentle base for my DIY toner, even to mask any smells in my hair (especially on days I do an ACV rinse). Would definitely repurchase, and would buy it by the gallon if I could.

NOTE: Unless your skin's super dry, if you're buying this to set your makeup be careful not to buy the version with glycerin in it. The glycerin is extra moisturizing, but it'll also make your makeup run/fade much quicker. I made that mistake, but since DH has skin as dry as the Sahara I gave it to him.

on 12/14/2011 3:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I'm on my second bottle of this in about a year. I love the smell, not too perfume-y, but definitely distinctively rosy and very fresh. Like another reviewer said, I don't notice the smell for long but I know other people do because they always say I smell good when I'm wearing it. I use it a LOT in the summer as a cool off throughout the day if it's really hot out. It's totally energizing and refreshing. The description on the back is absolutely hilarious, but I think there's some truth to the "higher vibration" energy stuff....:

"Contains: Vor-Mag Water (water that has been vortexed and magnetized to raise the energy to a higher vibration that we believe to be more beneficial) and Hydroessential Rose Oil" -from the label

My only complaint is that the bottle is a bit of an eyesore. The pink is unnaturally bright, and the font and design look cheap and obnoxious. I've been keeping my eye out for a nice fancy vintage perfume bottle or something that I can use for my rosewater.

Popular Fragrances