Rosewater by Heritage Products

Rosewater by Heritage Products
Rose Petals Rosewater by Heritage Products

4.9

Vor Mag Water, Hydroessential Rose Oil

This simple, unglamarous product is one of my few must-haves in my arsenal. I won't ever be without this stuff.

First: yes, it smells like roses. It's rosewater. I keep seeing people complain about the scent. Don't buy rosewater if you don't like rose scent. I'm not sure why this is taking people by surprise. I enjoy the smell because it is true, authentic rose, like smelling the flower - not fake, powdery, or overpowering. The smell lingers for a few minutes after using, then dissipates. It doesn't stay with you all day.

The packaging is okay. The sprayers can be inconsistent: sometimes I get one that sprays a very fine, even mist and sometimes I get one that squirts out in more of a stream. Luck of the draw, I guess, but I've had more good ones than bad. The packaging isn't pretty, but for how great this is and the low price, I don't care.

I mostly use this as a toner on my face. I spritz it on after cleansing, morning and night, and it helps to calm my skin, reduce redness, and add a bit of hydration. It dries quickly and leaves no tackiness. I sometimes use it as a makeup setting spray if I feel like my makeup has turned out a little too heavy or powdery. On summer days, I'll spritz it on my face and body throughout the day to refresh and cool my skin.

I also like to mix this with oils to "cut" them. Take a few drops of the oil of your choice, add a spritz or two of this, and the oil becomes more spreadable and more readily absorbed. I do this for both face and body, and it makes oil much easier and more enjoyable to apply.

Lastly, I like this in my hair. I have curly/wavy hair, and if I need to dampen my hair to refresh it, I like to use this vs. plain water. I feel like it works better, and it smells nicer, too.

I'll keep repurchasing this forever. I'm sure other brands of rosewater work just as well, but this one is inexpensive and easy to find, so I'll stick with this one.

I try to write all my reviews the same way I'd like to see reviews, so first off here are my stats:
- 18 years old
- Combination skin, oily t-zone and slightly dry cheeks
- Acne prone, especially to black heads
- Some acne scarring (hyperpigmintation)

This is basically the most perfect toner, make up setter, whatever!

Pros
- Spritz bottle is convenient + the rose colored bottle
- Smells heavenly
- Just two ingredients: rose oil and water!
- If you've applied makeup too cakey, just do one or two spritz and it'll help immensely
- The most universal toner you'll ever experience, I usually spritz this after applying tea tree oil on my face as well as neck and chest, it's cooling and soothing
- If you're hot throughout the day don't hesitate to use this!
- Super cheap

Cons
- Gallon size needed!!

on 9/26/2012 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is absolutely enchanting. I bought it from iherb for a very fair price along with a rose absolute blend, and together they create the most beautiful scent. I use it on my face as a finishing spray after applying my mineral foundation, and it makes my skin look dewy and fresh. It is also a very pure product, so I feel safe spraying this on my skin. The spray itself is also really good, creating an even layer that is just damp enough to tone your face without ruining makeup.

Rose oil is also known as a "multitasker" for women. Not only is the scent calming and alluring at the same time, but it is also an anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory agent that soothes and cleanses the surface of the skin. It is also beneficial for the hormone levels, being good for the reproductive system and for a healthy menstruation cycle. Is it also used to treat insomnia, mood swings, stress and even depression. Pure rose oil is very heady and can cause headaches and even nausea, but this is diluted and so soft that you can use it as much as you like.

Will definitely repurchase, and I'm tempted to try the other versions out there as well. (Jasmine, rose water with glycerine, lavender and orange water). Great quality for such a fair price!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Mmmm rose water spray! I put the bottle in my fridge and use it as a make up finishing spray and also it's the best for when you've just come from the gym, a run, or just exhausted from work and you spray your face with this and it feels so good! After a nice, hot bath, this is great to spray all over, too. Right before bed, so relaxing and calming. Needless to say, I have and will be repurchasing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Love, love, and more love for the Heritage Rosewater. My skin isn't the same without it.
I use this as a toner both in the morning and at night as it hydrates extremely well. I have issues with milia on my forehead and this rosewater truly does the trick. I've noticed that when I run out of this my skin starts to freak out and gets extremely bumpy/rough in texture, but after using the rosewater again it'll calm down in a few days.

Super soothing and leaves your skin feeling sooo soft! It feels great layering a moisturizer/oil on top. Also really great for spritzing in the middle of the day (cooling + calming). Definitely my HG toner, nothing can replace it (and trust me, I've tried).

on 4/28/2014 8:39:00 PM

I'm obsessed with this Rose Water!! The spray bottle is so nice to spritz your face throughout the day. I also use this as a daily face toner twice a day after cleansing. It calms my skin instantly, and makes my skin look even and hydrated. I have also started tossing my bottle in a little ice cooler with ice and leaving it in my car to spritz on my face after I finish running. It's so refreshing and the coolness calms my flushed skin down right away. The smell is something I had to get used to. I didn't care for the floral scent at first, but it has grown on me and dissipates quickly. Highly recommend! If anything, using a facial spray is just fun :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love love love this so much.
Ive always wanted to try rose water but it was hard to find just rosewater witout other junk in it.
I saw this at a natural grocer and bought it without a doubt.
And its amazing!
My face is almost always pink/red and I have acne scarring.
I think I saw my redness fade a little after just a week of using this product.
I spray it day and night, about 10 spritz each time (quite a lot)
It feels sooo refreshing and smells like heaven.
Im gonna keep purchasing, because I wamt to calm my red face forever

on 2/5/2012 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

i'm surprised this is listed under "fragrances", as it's also a food flavoring and skincare product as well as a haircare product!

i bought this at Whole Foods for $11-ish. and then i came across it at Natural Grocers for only $7... so i'll be repurchasing from there. theres also a rosewater and glycerin one, which i'm curious to try-- but i dont wanna mess with a good thing :)

this comes in the spray bottle thats pictured above, and i do like that its not in another form of packaging. the bottle's pink, but the actual rose water is clear.

i use this on my hair and face. after i get out of the shower i spray some on my face and then pat it in. it keeps my face more hydrated, i kid you not.

i REALLY love it on my hair though. i'm on a water only routine, where i dont use any shampoo, conditioner, etc. (i know, i know, some ppl think it's gross). and i wanted something to mask the sebum smell in my hair. unfortunately the small in the is doesnt last more that a few hours on my hair, but its other benefits are well worth the expense! i spray it on dry hair and then comb it through. it gets rid of fly-aways, and leaves my hair sooo soft! and then it STAYS soft! yay

i'll re-buy this again and again! so happy i found it!

Popular Fragrances