Rosewater by Heritage Products

Rose Petals Rosewater by Heritage Products

Vor Mag Water, Hydroessential Rose Oil

on 5/22/2018 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'd contemplated buying this product for a while. One day it was on sale at my local farmer's market (the 8fl oz bottle was $8) so I went for it. The ingredients are as follows: "Vor-mag Water (water that has been vortexed & magnetized to raise the energy to a higher vibration that we believe to be more beneficial) & Rosa Damascena (Hydroessential Rose) Flower Oil." Being my extra self, this spoke to me (along with the fact that the bottle touts the claim that this has been used in Edgar Cayce Readings... like yes. I am here for that.)

As a child I disliked rose scents. As a teenager I had an abusive ex who loved roses, so I developed a negative association with roses in general. IDK what changed (maybe getting older, acquiring a more developed scent palette, & healing from the past) but I started becoming obsessed with rose-scented things. They just smell so good to me now. So I use this rosewater mainly to spritz on my face before bed, to relax. Especially in the summer it feels so nice & is a welcome relief from the Texas heat. I'll sometimes use it as a body splash or to freshen up a room. On the Heritage Products website it says it can also be used for cooking, bathing, or to dilute oils for skincare.

In my experience, this stuff lasts forever. The rose smell itself dissipates fairly quickly (it's not a perfume or anything by any means)... but as for the actual rosewater spray itself... I use it often, have had my current bottle for at least 6 months, & I'm still have about 75% of the bottle left. The packaging is sturdy with a good pump, & simple, so it matches my aesthetic. When I run out I'll definitely repurchase because it's an inexpensive & easy way to get my rose fix.

I mostly bought this as an aromatherapy pick-me-up to keep in my purse; rose is a natural antidepressant and stress reliever. I work in a hospital and strong fragrances aren't allowed. I can spritz myself with 10-20 sprays of Heritage Rosewater and enjoy the fresh, light rose scent... which dissipates almost completely within 5 minutes, so I don't offend my patients. It lasts slightly longer on clothing, but still only an hour, tops. I wouldn't buy this expecting to use it as a perfume or body spray, despite what the label states, unless you are content to smell like nothing at all after a few minutes.

I do use this as a facial mist, as well, although I haven't noticed any amazing changes in my skin. I don't have any irritation or rosecea on my skin; I've heard rosewater is helpful for those conditions but I wouldn't know. Mostly, it just feels refreshing and smells good for a brief moment in time. Sometimes, that's all you want.

The only ingredients in this product are water and natural rose extract-- no alcohol, no synthetic fragrances. My daughter adds it to her sparkling water because she loves the Indian-inspired flavor of rosewater! It's a bit expensive for that purpose, though. The translucent hot-pink bottle is adorable. Would definitely recommend this as a refreshing in-the-moment aromatherapy treat that won't leave you with a lingering fragrance. I might be trolling my local Indian grocery soon to see if they sell cheaper alternatives, as I suspect this product suffers from Whole Paycheck Markup Syndrome.

on 5/6/2016 11:26:00 PM

Love it, and I dont go a day without spraying it on my face and in my eyes several times a day. It calms me down. For years I buy this, and I Love it in the summer aswell.

on 2/5/2016 7:18:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

This is a great after makeup spray ...it makes my foundation blend and look like my skin ..it somehow moisturizes my skin and controls oil..I tried so many finishing sprays mac..clinique..so much money and they were just way too concentrated and makeup looked like crap after...but this rosewater spray Perfect and super cheap!

on 7/4/2015 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Umm.... How did I forget to review this product? On to my 3'rd bottle now and it has multiple uses. I use this as a leave-in spritzer, smells guud and moisturizes my hair. Mist this on my face during the day and feels soothing. Add a tbl spoon of rose water to any home made face mask. I buy this of Amazon and love it.

on 9/30/2012 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This was my first perfume I ever used I woar it since I was 13 and even now I still love it. The scent is rapturous, and comes off strong gently diminishing through out the day. It is a rose perfume and smells of 'rosa damencia'. The smell is fresh and not too arduous.
There are two sizes : one small and one large.The only con I would say is that the scent does not last long - maybe an hour. The bottle itself lasts forever though, so you can always re-spray.
They offer perfumes of: rose ,Valencia, lavender, bergamot, and plumeria. I have tried the lavender spray and it smelled sweet, and of violets. They used to offer a scent in violet, that smelled similar to the rose one, but I believe it has been discontinued.

on 3/15/2012 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is such a wonderful multi-purpose product, I don't know what I'd do without it. Cheap too, $8 for an 8oz bottle on Amazon though the big bottle doesn't have a spritzer. That's fine, since I decant into a smaller bottle anyway. Only two ingredients--water, and rose, that's it. It's incredibly gentle, slightly astringent, and just moisturizing enough to neither strip my skin nor make it feel greasy. I use this in numerous ways: setting my makeup, as a gentle base for my DIY toner, even to mask any smells in my hair (especially on days I do an ACV rinse). Would definitely repurchase, and would buy it by the gallon if I could.

NOTE: Unless your skin's super dry, if you're buying this to set your makeup be careful not to buy the version with glycerin in it. The glycerin is extra moisturizing, but it'll also make your makeup run/fade much quicker. I made that mistake, but since DH has skin as dry as the Sahara I gave it to him.

Popular Fragrances