Rosewater by Heritage Products

Rosewater by Heritage Products
Rose Petals Rosewater by Heritage Products

4.3

Vor Mag Water, Hydroessential Rose Oil

First of all I thought this was real rosewater but it's just water with rose oil in it. Secondly it doesn't smell nice like the real rose water I had (smells like citronella/bug spray). Also the bottle doesn't say anything about using it on the face, and it was $9 for a small bottle which was WAY overpriced.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Mmmm rose water spray! I put the bottle in my fridge and use it as a make up finishing spray and also it's the best for when you've just come from the gym, a run, or just exhausted from work and you spray your face with this and it feels so good! After a nice, hot bath, this is great to spray all over, too. Right before bed, so relaxing and calming. Needless to say, I have and will be repurchasing.

I consider this a little luxury item. Not that it's expensive or anything but it feels so nice! I spray before my moisturizer application and also after I put on make up as a finishing spray. Refreshes my hair, sometimes I spray it all over before bed. Will repurchase and will also try their lavender version.

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

So glad I finally tried this! I can spray to my hearts content on my sensitive skin and it doesnt bother me. I use mostly on my face, but the bottle says you can use this as a body spray as well. I love that I can spray on for a little scented pick me up when out and about. I wear flip flops all day... I usually carry baby wipes to wipe street grime from my feet. This would make a great spritz for after that. Will definitely repurchase!

on 7/19/2016 7:49:00 PM

So when I bought this, I got it for $7 on Amazon and it took me three days to finally confirm the order because I kept thinking "How stupid am I to pay $7 for WATER? This is such BS. Special water with roses? What am I doing?"

Well as it turns out, it's not actually BS. I have dry, acne-prone skin. I bought this to be a "refresher" spray (I just poured some in a little travel size spray bottle) that I hoped wouldn't irritate my skin or mess up my makeup. I wanted something to use on an upcoming 12 hour flight and also generally throughout the summer. The rose water has been surprisingly great! It perks up/refreshes my skin when I spray it on and doesn't mess up my makeup at all. It hasn't caused any negative skin reactions (irritation, dryness, acne or otherwise) for me in the six weeks I have been using it. I use it after rinsing my face in the morning in place of daytime moisturizer and I think it makes my skin feel a tiny bit less dry. While I can't get past the idea that it's coincidental, I've also had less breakouts - quite a bit less - on my chin since I started with the rose water. Further, when I spray it on and then apply my CC cream, it works well for thinning out the CC coverage just the right amount.

It feels like water and smells like roses. I don't know what this product is really supposed to do or how, but I'm glad I have it!

on 5/6/2016 11:26:00 PM

Love it, and I dont go a day without spraying it on my face and in my eyes several times a day. It calms me down. For years I buy this, and I Love it in the summer aswell.

Firstly I guess I should say that I use this as a face mist.

I'm a sucker for face mists,in the last year I've used two of the lush toner mists (which I loved but I stopped using due to their addition of scary chemicals and preservatives), herbivore botanicals coco rose mist and thayers rose witch hazel (which technically isn't a mist but it kind of fits in with everything else so whatever). I was set on trying the rosewater and glycerine mist however I found this at a local health food store and thought I'd give it a spin. I use it to freshen up during the day (perfect for long flights or drives), during makeup application (spritz directly onto skin before or after makeup or onto beauty blender) and in place of toner after cleansing and I gotta say it's probably my favourite mist/toner I've used all year. It's light, refreshing, soothing and it makes your skin feel so soft. The scent is rather strong but it is completely natural and there are no perfumes in the product which is a major plus, if you're not a fan of the smell it fades away quickly so it shouldn't be an issue.

Ps- Something like this would be so handy for festivals and camping. You could also use it to freshen up your hair and I imagine if you threw it in the fridge or in a cooler it would feel amazing on sunburn. I'm going backpacking this summer and this is definitely coming along with me!

This simple, unglamarous product is one of my few must-haves in my arsenal. I won't ever be without this stuff.

First: yes, it smells like roses. It's rosewater. I keep seeing people complain about the scent. Don't buy rosewater if you don't like rose scent. I'm not sure why this is taking people by surprise. I enjoy the smell because it is true, authentic rose, like smelling the flower - not fake, powdery, or overpowering. The smell lingers for a few minutes after using, then dissipates. It doesn't stay with you all day.

The packaging is okay. The sprayers can be inconsistent: sometimes I get one that sprays a very fine, even mist and sometimes I get one that squirts out in more of a stream. Luck of the draw, I guess, but I've had more good ones than bad. The packaging isn't pretty, but for how great this is and the low price, I don't care.

I mostly use this as a toner on my face. I spritz it on after cleansing, morning and night, and it helps to calm my skin, reduce redness, and add a bit of hydration. It dries quickly and leaves no tackiness. I sometimes use it as a makeup setting spray if I feel like my makeup has turned out a little too heavy or powdery. On summer days, I'll spritz it on my face and body throughout the day to refresh and cool my skin.

I also like to mix this with oils to "cut" them. Take a few drops of the oil of your choice, add a spritz or two of this, and the oil becomes more spreadable and more readily absorbed. I do this for both face and body, and it makes oil much easier and more enjoyable to apply.

Lastly, I like this in my hair. I have curly/wavy hair, and if I need to dampen my hair to refresh it, I like to use this vs. plain water. I feel like it works better, and it smells nicer, too.

I'll keep repurchasing this forever. I'm sure other brands of rosewater work just as well, but this one is inexpensive and easy to find, so I'll stick with this one.

on 3/19/2015 6:38:00 AM

I brought this to try due to the good review and i like the rose scent a lot. I'm not one who love rose scent so this is something that surprise me. It isn't heavy and it fade away quickly. The pink bottle is cute but the description on the back of the bottle is quite funny yet interesting. After using this and then apply my moisturizer, i find that i am not that oilier than usual. Will repurchase this but i only wish it come in a bigger bottle as i can only get this online.

Update: It causes acne for me. Won't repurchase.

I try to write all my reviews the same way I'd like to see reviews, so first off here are my stats:
- 18 years old
- Combination skin, oily t-zone and slightly dry cheeks
- Acne prone, especially to black heads
- Some acne scarring (hyperpigmintation)

This is basically the most perfect toner, make up setter, whatever!

Pros
- Spritz bottle is convenient + the rose colored bottle
- Smells heavenly
- Just two ingredients: rose oil and water!
- If you've applied makeup too cakey, just do one or two spritz and it'll help immensely
- The most universal toner you'll ever experience, I usually spritz this after applying tea tree oil on my face as well as neck and chest, it's cooling and soothing
- If you're hot throughout the day don't hesitate to use this!
- Super cheap

Cons
- Gallon size needed!!

Popular Fragrances