Rosewater by Heritage Products

4.5

Vor Mag Water, Hydroessential Rose Oil

on 5/22/2018 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'd contemplated buying this product for a while. One day it was on sale at my local farmer's market (the 8fl oz bottle was $8) so I went for it. The ingredients are as follows: "Vor-mag Water (water that has been vortexed & magnetized to raise the energy to a higher vibration that we believe to be more beneficial) & Rosa Damascena (Hydroessential Rose) Flower Oil." Being my extra self, this spoke to me (along with the fact that the bottle touts the claim that this has been used in Edgar Cayce Readings... like yes. I am here for that.)

As a child I disliked rose scents. As a teenager I had an abusive ex who loved roses, so I developed a negative association with roses in general. IDK what changed (maybe getting older, acquiring a more developed scent palette, & healing from the past) but I started becoming obsessed with rose-scented things. They just smell so good to me now. So I use this rosewater mainly to spritz on my face before bed, to relax. Especially in the summer it feels so nice & is a welcome relief from the Texas heat. I'll sometimes use it as a body splash or to freshen up a room. On the Heritage Products website it says it can also be used for cooking, bathing, or to dilute oils for skincare.

In my experience, this stuff lasts forever. The rose smell itself dissipates fairly quickly (it's not a perfume or anything by any means)... but as for the actual rosewater spray itself... I use it often, have had my current bottle for at least 6 months, & I'm still have about 75% of the bottle left. The packaging is sturdy with a good pump, & simple, so it matches my aesthetic. When I run out I'll definitely repurchase because it's an inexpensive & easy way to get my rose fix.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have been using Heritage Store Rosewater for about a month now & I must echo the many positive reviews on here. It really is good stuff! I have extremely sensitive skin which has always been a bane in my life. Oil based ingredients, fragrances & many other irritative ingredients in common beauty products often cause cystic breakouts on my skin that can take a week or longer to heal. After reading all the glowing reviews about this rosewater, I decided to give it a try and I'm so glad I did!

I purchased mine through Walmart.com for a little under $10 (another plus!). The spray bottle contains 4oz of product. While the packaging is fairly plain, I will say that the spray nozzle works really well! It delivers an even spray & has yet to clog or leak. I have purchased more expensive products in the past that still managed to leak & clog, so kudos to Heritage Store for it's sturdy packaging! For such a cheap & seemingly basic product, this rosewater really does deliver in a more slightly subtle way & it has fast became a staple in my skincare routine. I like to use it as a toner after washing my face & it really does calm my sensitive skin. Once I have toned & applied serum to my face & neck, I spritz this rosewater on my fingers & mix it with my Skinmedica ha5 Hyaluronic Acid Hydrator, then apply it to my face. All of these products combined leave my face extremely hydrated & cushiony without being greasy. I'm not sure what kind of results this would produce on its own, but it fits in perfectly with my current skincare repertoire, like a missing link I didn't know I had needed. I also like to spray myself with this when I get too hot, which in Florida, is all the time. lol. It makes a great midday refresher! I plan to purchase another bottle to keep in my fridge, solely for that purpose. Oh, did I mention it smells great too? Like a rosegarden, yet it isn't cloying & it doesn't linger any longer than 15-20 minutes.

I highly recommend this product, especially those with sensitive skin. I am so glad I tried it! Also, I want to give a big "Thank you!" to my fellow MUA'ers who recommended this product! You guys are so awesome!

I mostly bought this as an aromatherapy pick-me-up to keep in my purse; rose is a natural antidepressant and stress reliever. I work in a hospital and strong fragrances aren't allowed. I can spritz myself with 10-20 sprays of Heritage Rosewater and enjoy the fresh, light rose scent... which dissipates almost completely within 5 minutes, so I don't offend my patients. It lasts slightly longer on clothing, but still only an hour, tops. I wouldn't buy this expecting to use it as a perfume or body spray, despite what the label states, unless you are content to smell like nothing at all after a few minutes.

I do use this as a facial mist, as well, although I haven't noticed any amazing changes in my skin. I don't have any irritation or rosecea on my skin; I've heard rosewater is helpful for those conditions but I wouldn't know. Mostly, it just feels refreshing and smells good for a brief moment in time. Sometimes, that's all you want.

The only ingredients in this product are water and natural rose extract-- no alcohol, no synthetic fragrances. My daughter adds it to her sparkling water because she loves the Indian-inspired flavor of rosewater! It's a bit expensive for that purpose, though. The translucent hot-pink bottle is adorable. Would definitely recommend this as a refreshing in-the-moment aromatherapy treat that won't leave you with a lingering fragrance. I might be trolling my local Indian grocery soon to see if they sell cheaper alternatives, as I suspect this product suffers from Whole Paycheck Markup Syndrome.

on 1/31/2017 11:58:00 PM

I use this everyday, several times a day...I also use the rosewater/glycerin from Heritage. I was using Mario Badescu rosewater until I realized it contains red dye, blue dye, hexalyne glycol alcohol, and butelyne...umm no thanks, too much alcohol for a product created to use several times a day..Heritage is void of all that junk, and a natural product. I have purchased at least 15-20 bottles of this over the last 2 yrs, and cannot be without it. I set my makeup with it, I spray it on my brushes before use, spray my Beauty Blender before use, I spray it at night as my final cleansing/moisturizing step to seal in all the moisture of my moisturizer and serum, and a few times throughout the day to freshen my makeup.

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

So glad I finally tried this! I can spray to my hearts content on my sensitive skin and it doesnt bother me. I use mostly on my face, but the bottle says you can use this as a body spray as well. I love that I can spray on for a little scented pick me up when out and about. I wear flip flops all day... I usually carry baby wipes to wipe street grime from my feet. This would make a great spritz for after that. Will definitely repurchase!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Love, love, and more love for the Heritage Rosewater. My skin isn't the same without it.
I use this as a toner both in the morning and at night as it hydrates extremely well. I have issues with milia on my forehead and this rosewater truly does the trick. I've noticed that when I run out of this my skin starts to freak out and gets extremely bumpy/rough in texture, but after using the rosewater again it'll calm down in a few days.

Super soothing and leaves your skin feeling sooo soft! It feels great layering a moisturizer/oil on top. Also really great for spritzing in the middle of the day (cooling + calming). Definitely my HG toner, nothing can replace it (and trust me, I've tried).

on 5/6/2016 11:26:00 PM

Love it, and I dont go a day without spraying it on my face and in my eyes several times a day. It calms me down. For years I buy this, and I Love it in the summer aswell.

Firstly I guess I should say that I use this as a face mist.

I'm a sucker for face mists,in the last year I've used two of the lush toner mists (which I loved but I stopped using due to their addition of scary chemicals and preservatives), herbivore botanicals coco rose mist and thayers rose witch hazel (which technically isn't a mist but it kind of fits in with everything else so whatever). I was set on trying the rosewater and glycerine mist however I found this at a local health food store and thought I'd give it a spin. I use it to freshen up during the day (perfect for long flights or drives), during makeup application (spritz directly onto skin before or after makeup or onto beauty blender) and in place of toner after cleansing and I gotta say it's probably my favourite mist/toner I've used all year. It's light, refreshing, soothing and it makes your skin feel so soft. The scent is rather strong but it is completely natural and there are no perfumes in the product which is a major plus, if you're not a fan of the smell it fades away quickly so it shouldn't be an issue.

Ps- Something like this would be so handy for festivals and camping. You could also use it to freshen up your hair and I imagine if you threw it in the fridge or in a cooler it would feel amazing on sunburn. I'm going backpacking this summer and this is definitely coming along with me!

This simple, unglamarous product is one of my few must-haves in my arsenal. I won't ever be without this stuff.

First: yes, it smells like roses. It's rosewater. I keep seeing people complain about the scent. Don't buy rosewater if you don't like rose scent. I'm not sure why this is taking people by surprise. I enjoy the smell because it is true, authentic rose, like smelling the flower - not fake, powdery, or overpowering. The smell lingers for a few minutes after using, then dissipates. It doesn't stay with you all day.

The packaging is okay. The sprayers can be inconsistent: sometimes I get one that sprays a very fine, even mist and sometimes I get one that squirts out in more of a stream. Luck of the draw, I guess, but I've had more good ones than bad. The packaging isn't pretty, but for how great this is and the low price, I don't care.

I mostly use this as a toner on my face. I spritz it on after cleansing, morning and night, and it helps to calm my skin, reduce redness, and add a bit of hydration. It dries quickly and leaves no tackiness. I sometimes use it as a makeup setting spray if I feel like my makeup has turned out a little too heavy or powdery. On summer days, I'll spritz it on my face and body throughout the day to refresh and cool my skin.

I also like to mix this with oils to "cut" them. Take a few drops of the oil of your choice, add a spritz or two of this, and the oil becomes more spreadable and more readily absorbed. I do this for both face and body, and it makes oil much easier and more enjoyable to apply.

Lastly, I like this in my hair. I have curly/wavy hair, and if I need to dampen my hair to refresh it, I like to use this vs. plain water. I feel like it works better, and it smells nicer, too.

I'll keep repurchasing this forever. I'm sure other brands of rosewater work just as well, but this one is inexpensive and easy to find, so I'll stick with this one.

on 2/5/2016 7:18:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

This is a great after makeup spray ...it makes my foundation blend and look like my skin ..it somehow moisturizes my skin and controls oil..I tried so many finishing sprays mac..clinique..so much money and they were just way too concentrated and makeup looked like crap after...but this rosewater spray Perfect and super cheap!

Popular Fragrances